IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

He's not coming back though. You are missing the entire point: If Michael can not edit, delete, or ban the user he will not engage in a conversation. It's not in his DNA to have a level playing field in this regard.

You'd have a better chance at winning the lottery. Look at the links I provided. Ctrl+F in your browser and search for 'Sully'. You find a single post of his that merits banning. You won't find one. He's banned because he was making a better technical point than Michael and you can not have that @ Audiostream.

You are all acting like adolescent asses and are surprised he gets angry. I'm not. Again: a sorely missed chance on an open discussion. I'm sooo disappointed!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Doesn't help the dialogue at all.. I'm so disappointed to miss this chance to finally have a fair discussion with him, based on clear factual questions instead of a bunch of assumptions. I would be pissed-off too. Hope he will come back and if so, please be more open-minded and less judging than you were just now. Thank you!

What you want Vincent1234 is a two way street - but Michael does not do that - if the "facts" do not go his way, and if you do not agree with him he simply will not have a "discussion" with you. Besides, even if he did you would likely be disappointed because he simply does not dig very deep when it comes to the technicalities of things digital. He is much better when engaging in subjective "sounds like" impressions...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

What you want Vincent1234 is a two way street - but Michael does not do that - if the "facts" do not go his way, and if you do not agree with him he simply will not have a "discussion" with you. Besides, even if he did you would likely be disappointed because he simply does not dig very deep when it comes to the technicalities of things digital. He is much better when engaging in subject "sounds like" impressions...

I would have liked to be able to draw that possible conclusion myself, but only after talking with him instead of relying on some members' clear assumptions.

I encourage Mr. Lavorgna to participate in this thread: Audiophile Ethernet

But realistically there isn't going to be a well thought out counterpoint coming on any of this (MQA, Ethernet, or otherwise) from him so the fears of this thread really going off on a tangent due to participation by him are slim to none IMO. My observation is he as an inability to actually hold an above board conversation.

1. If you "know me" tell me where I just drove to. I'll give you a hint it was 48 miles one way. If you can come within a 5 mile radius of my destination, I'll put some amount of credence in the notion that you know me.

2. If you believe that you can measure a cable to determine how that cable will affect a system, you do not understand some basic realities.

I have no, as in zero, interest in discussing Ethernet as I've already been there and done that.

Don't trust an audiophile that is scared shitless by a blindfold. If they don't trust their ears neither should anyone else.

Yes, fully agree that that's exactly the issue! I do trust my ears way more than your scope. And I used them extensively having a blindfold before I bought that USB cable. But you don't believe me anyway. So, back to the topic: MQA!

I would have liked to be able to draw that possible conclusion myself...

Well, spend some time over at his site, look up the past instances that others have pointed out (and linked), and ponder his behavior here this morning...but no, it is not mere "assumptions" we are making - we have real experience. If you want to seek out that experience for yourself fine, but chastising us for our experience is not going to be taken very seriously...

It is my style on subjects were I'm a material expert. Networking both from installing the physical infrastructure to routing to server architecture (mainly HA clusters and virtualization).

I try to be helpful where I can. But something you need to understand: Many here have formed an opinion about Michael over the years of what we believe is tantamount to a hyperbole machine. It has it's roots in him banning and deleting accounts/posts that effectively challenge his assumptions and factually expose them to their shortcomings.

I mean he banned Archimago for petes sake and I've never read a cross word from the man.

It's why there isn't any worry about him actively engaging in a thought provoking manner here. He's a person of little actual substance and his posting here has already amply displayed that fact.

So far he's the only poster in this to call another forum member an ass.

Now I think he's a hack, but that's a position I can actually back up.

I worked in IT for nearly 20 years. You can read my bio on AudioStream. What I can tell you is this - being a Network "material expert" does not mean you know what is important, or not, outside your area of expertise.

1. If you "know me" tell me where I just drove to. I'll give you a hint it was 48 miles one way. If you can come within a 5 mile radius of my destination, I'll put some amount of credence in the notion that you know me.

2. If you believe that you can measure a cable to determine how that cable will affect a system, you do not understand some basic realities.

I have no, as in zero, interest in discussing Ethernet as I've already been there and done that.

Then let's talk MQA - pick any of Jims (Linn) thoughtful concerns, or any of ours. Take one of mine on: tell me, what do you think DRM is and how does it apply to MQA?

Hi Michael, let me tell you that I for one am very happy to have you present in this thread. I believe the start has been extremely bad and I do hope you will stay here for a while to discuss some concerns some members have on MQA, specifically in the areas of its proprietary nature and DRM. Since I'm not specifically concerned myself I hope those members will speak out for themselves, and use a tone that will enable a constructive discussion based on facts, not on assumptions.

Then let's talk MQA - pick any of Jims (Linn) thoughtful concerns, or any of ours. Take one of mine on: tell me, what do you think DRM is and how does it apply to MQA?

I responded to the content of the original post on AudioStream.

To clarify my position re. deleting that original post, if Jim would like to post his comment on AS, I'd encourage him to do so. Especially if he's interested in any discussion that follows.

Hi Michael, let me tell you that I for one am very happy to have you present in this thread. I believe the start has been extremely bad and I do hope you will stay here for a while to discuss some concerns some members have on MQA, specifically in the areas of its proprietary nature and DRM. Since I'm not specifically concerned I hope those members will speak out for themselves, and use a tone that will enable a constructive discussion based on facts, not on assumptions.

Thanks Vincent.

So far, it strikes me that some people here are more interested in telling me what they think of me than in asking questions. If that continues to be the case, I hope you can understand how I'll loose interest in continuing.

He's not coming back though. You are missing the entire point: If Michael can not edit, delete, or ban the user he will not engage in a conversation. It's not in his DNA to have a level playing field in this regard.

You'd have a better chance at winning the lottery. Look at the links I provided. Ctrl+F in your browser and search for 'Sully'. You find a single post of his that merits banning. You won't find one. He's banned because he was making a better technical point than Michael and you can not have that @ Audiostream.

-1 he's back

I responded to the content of the original post on AudioStream.

To clarify my position re. deleting that original post, if Jim would like to post his comment on AS, I'd encourage him to do so. Especially if he's interested in any discussion that follows.

Do you mean this response or some other?: MQA Decoding Explained | AudioStream

If you mean this response, how is that a response to Jim/Linn/us? It simply lists two "pros" of MQA that a consumer of digital software (i.e. music) might be interested in. It does not address the numerous "cons" that Jim or we have referred to at all.

So tell me, what is DRM and how is it relevant to MQA?

I do that all the time. Last year we ran 17,000 feet of data cabling and most of it's certified(when the customer options for it) . I know exactly how any given leg of the network is going to perform since we guarantee that performance.

My last install was four 70 inch displays, sixteen 50 inch displays, AMX HDMI Matrix Switcher, AMX remote control panels (10), Christie Projection to a 200" drop down display, Shure Wireless, Crown CT 4 channel amp

All the HDMI is over Ethernet.

It's called engineering Michael.

You mean "Peter Bright" from Ars. Yes I banned Peter for a number of reasons, which I warned him about in a private email beforehand. Calling me "Lasagna" was not one of those reasons but I felt that helped illustrate his level of discourse.

Correct 'Bright'.

What about John Sully or Archimago? Did they refer to you as some form of pasta also?

I do that all the time. Last year we ran 17,000 feet of data cabling and most of it's certified(when the customer options for it) . I know exactly how any given leg of the network is going to perform since we guarantee that performance.

My last install was four 70 inch displays, sixteen 50 inch displays, AMX HDMI Matrix Switcher, AMX remote control panels (10), Christie Projection to a 200" drop down display, Shure Wireless, Crown CT 4 channel amp

All the HDMI is over Ethernet.

It's called engineering Michael. That and the fact you can't tell the difference between 3 foot of AQ Ethernet and 30 foot of other Ethernet if your life depended on it.

I will post a video interview with Juergen Reiss of MBL and John Atkinson next week that took place at CES. I'd recommend watching it since we talk about some related issues. I think you'll find it educational.

FYI - you are a very unpleasant person to communicate with. Or should I say to try to communicate with. If you cannot leave behind your personal insults and chest beating, I'm going to ignore you. And no, it's not because you ran 17k feet of cable, it's because you think you know more than you know. And you're arrogant about it.

I worked in IT for nearly 20 years. You can read my bio on AudioStream. What I can tell you is this - being a Network "material expert" does not mean you know what is important, or not, outside your area of expertise.

True! I'm actually working in IT for 25 years and I am 100% sure that all your lovely measurements are pretty much worthless in judging actual SQ.