IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

10 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

I would like to share my experience of replacing the stock fuse in my DAC with a Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse.  Please note that I am listening through headphones. 

When first I turned on the music after installing the Blue Fuse, I was immediately struck by the increased clarity.  Within a few minutes, the sound began rounding out.  Individual instruments are much easier to discern.  The soundstage is wider and deeper.  I feel more surrounded by music than before.  Micro-dynamics are noticeably better.  For example, the vibrato in voices is more defined.  Bass notes are deeper and tighter. 

Overall, I have to agree with @kennyb123:  More of everything is coming forth with greater ease and naturalness.  I am very happy with the result.

I'm trying to figure out the location of Fuse but i didn't found it.

May i know where is the location of Fuse that you replaced it?

5a7eb2cb1e388_AuralicVegaDAC.thumb.jpg.e3e588ea65ec8bc0a098c090400339bd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got an email from May for a new edition of sMS-200 which is (Neo)

SOtM is going to release the sMS-200 Neo and sMS-200ultra Neo. They are a newer version of the original sMS-200 and sMS-200ultra, and sound colors and sound characteristic are different from the original version. The Neo has deeper mid-range and better bass expressions compared to the original version. And the original version has little more dynamics and presents bright sound compared to Neo version. With such changes, the overall balance of Neo becomes richer and brings musical inspiration.

Pricing and Availability

The price is the same as the standard version.

If you would like to change your current standard version to Neo version, the following price would be required

-      Keep the front panel to the same as original : USD30 

-      Change the front panel to the Neo : USD80

The component inside of original version have been changed and selected new component for Neo, so the standard version will be discontinued and Neo version is going to be available from the first week of August. Pre order is available from now on.

About SOtM 

SOtM is a very special brand which can deliver the Soul Of the Music through the cutting edge audio technology. SOtM will become the most important partner in your music life.”

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 1:45 AM, Bruce Orr said:

Count me as a JSSG 360 fan. Nodded my two Lush cables just today. Really nice and assume it too will burn-in more in the next 48 hours. If not, I’m still happy. Thx for the step-by-step directions, Rajiv!

8726B48E-1D00-44B0-93BD-AC37A458FDD8.jpeg

B91B01A0-80B4-4DDA-81FB-5AE8D6092554.jpeg

May i know the size of Cooper braid that you ordered to fit Lush Cable inside it.

5 hours ago, flkin said:

From anyone who wants to take a break from DIY DC cables, I've done a Habst USB short review with some unusual bandwidth discovery. It's here :

Got the Habst during the clock cable group buy organised in this thread some months back.

The Habst USB shares the same family sound as the clock cable. Lots of details without being bright and retaining body and warmth.

I compared it with the Curious USB and will add a Lush USB comparison shortly.

Looking expectantly for the comparison between Lush and Habst USB cables.

5 hours ago, hols said:

Hi seeteeyou,

What a surprise that I've got tracked down!!  I can give a comprehensive account of the review here in English for our CA readers.

Well first off I am not advocating using expensive cables but at the same time I do admit that I can hear huge amounts of difference among different cables. 

There has been quite some change in my system since I last posted here. My DAC has changed from Holo Spring to Denafrips Terminator(which I am sure you will hear more from Rajiv when he reviews it) and then 5 months ago to Chord Blu 2 + Dave(which has been praised so much in these pages as well as in head-fi). To me Chord Blu2 + Dave is excellent in giving a very accurate 3D presentation,very transparent layering and layout, natural ambience, fast rise and decay. But one thing is that the timbre of instruments and emotion is less well delineated to my taste which I attribute to a lower than my liking mids. So it needs some tweaks here and there to 'compensate' for my own sake. All along I have been using a Linux based HQplayer-NAA system compiled by my buddy. Recently he has come up with a  new creation, probably world's first Dual Linux  Audio system accomodated in a solid chassis with specially compiled realtime kernel with low latency of some ten nanosecond. This is far better than my other Windows10 based HQplayer. Along with that there is a definite need to further tweak the system.

First I followed suit and bought a Mutec Ref 10 which indeed give some significant improvement over my Cybershaft OP14. And then as a lot of us know that the galvanic isolation of USB input of the Chord Blu2 is not well done and actually I can hear some background noise when the USB is connected so I have to put the Iso-regen and the USPCB back to the chain and this is very effective in isolating this ground noise and also give a bit more of mid range back to the system. While I am still waiting for my Habst BNC cable from the CA group buy I came across this Intona USB cable and I was caught by its idea of getting the best quality of raw materials in making the Ultimate cable. The idea is just similar to those who use tube gears that some most expensive tubes are simply handpicked from the group with the best spec or closest match. And this Intona Ultimate USB cable can really stand up to what some of them described it as the king of USB cables. After using it from my NAA computer to the Iso-regen you suddenly find that your orchestra is filled up with instruments that are not present before. You can now see the strings as twenty or so separate violins among the mass strings and not just a group of sound. The touch of the pianist is again the best that one can hear. When I listened to Joan Baez Diamond and rust I used to find the sound of Joan Baez a 'wobble' as if the sound is still in her throat but now the sound opens up as if she has finally opened her mouth to sing. At the end of the song the applause is most realistic with different groups of applause and the spatial orientation is as clear as one would want. What I would describe this USB cable is that it gives tremendous amount of detail and the details come in well orientated three dimensions. The  focus of instruments is the best that one can imagine. The speed of this cable is superfast and most important is the low, mid and high all arrive in the same timing. One can always feel the correctness of this cable.  As I have also mentioned in the local forum is that one cannot regard this cable to be a perfect fit for every system because with the tremendous amount of detail being delivered the sound might appear thin at times especially in systems that are on the thin side. And that would actually be a balance of the system that one need to tweak.

And finally I must say that I have no  commercial association with all the products that I have mentioned. And what I am most eager to know at this moment is whether any conclusion can be drawn from the thousands of combinations of Lush 2 ? And it would be great fun to compare the best result of Lush 2 with the Intona Ultimate.  Cheers.

Intona ultimate 1.jpg

Intona ultimate 2.jpg

Thank you for these information and will you try Lush^2 USB cable as well or not?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Not sure what you're saying, and not going to ask. Sorry guys - I'm very interested in the findings that result from these efforts, but much as I love to experiment, tinkering at the level that Larry et al. do is just not my thing. I'm happy to wait and see what results.

My plans for now are the same - I am still waiting to see if Adrian's DS-1, with OCXO system clock, powered by and SR-7 rail, can outperform my Zenith SE. 

Will you consider to audition Adrian's DS-1 soon or are you waiting for someone else And see his findings?

20 minutes ago, sig8 said:

I was using WIn 10 machine with AO/Process Lasso/Fidelizer Pro before I tried AudioLinux. There is no comparison, AudioLinux overall SQ is much better, and I am using it with HQPe and JRiver/JRemote for control. Haven't tried Headless but would in next few weeks once things settle down (it has a learning curve for me).

Thanks for your feedback and this is what I thought.

14 hours ago, sig8 said:

I was using WIn 10 machine with AO/Process Lasso/Fidelizer Pro before I tried AudioLinux. There is no comparison, AudioLinux overall SQ is much better, and I am using it with HQPe and JRiver/JRemote for control. Haven't tried Headless but would in next few weeks once things settle down (it has a learning curve for me).

Just to make sure if I have Win10 installed in my HP Laptop and AFAIK I can run Audiolinux in RAM so should Win10 be erased or it will remain as it is.

Also does that mean if I want to run Audiolinux shall I install it every time from USB if I turned off my laptop or what?

Further explanation is highly appreciated. 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, elan120 said:

I believe these are Molex Micro-Latch.  I didn't like them due to the size and different crimp terminals, so when I did my txUSBUltra cable upgrade, I change the header to SPOX so I can use the same connectors on both ends of cable.  If you check out the pictures I posted last Friday (see below), you can see both headers on txUSBhubIn board and External DC input board were replaced to Molex SPOX header.  First picture show new header on txUSBhubIn board in J403 location, and 3rd or 4th pictures show new header on External DC input board in J452 location. 

If you plan on doing the same thing I did, the replacement right-angle header link is:  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex-connector-corporation/22-05-7025/WM18900-ND/403341

The replacement vertical header link is:  https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/molex-llc/0022035025/WM18886-ND/403301

On the other hand, if you plan on using the same connector without replacing these two headers like I did, please wait until Friday this week, as I have some Molex Micro-Latch connectors and terminals ordered and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday, and I can confirm if I got the correct connector.

Thank you for this information but may we know the length of both Gotham cables.