IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

Lol I tried to explain some of your recent findings regarding low power PSU vs the quality of components in the PC and the significance of using a quality LAN card that can be powered separately etc in this and other threads here. It was in 2017 when low power and external clocking seemed to be the ultimate goal around here 😄.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, cool_chris said:

It seems you do not understand .

Partially you are right. I was just pointing where you are wrong,

and where  / how you can improve your system if you want to.

I was trying to explain the great SQ effect of someone from this forum.

This works !

Also I was testing grounding options for more than 4 years but no problem, I can keep my findings, mods and tests for myself :)

Remember that resistance to knolage is not going to change the facts. 

You might learn same things in 4 years from now or nerver.

Measurements is not facts they are data. Measurements can reveal real issues, but also be done wrongly and not indicate what they are meant to. It’s paramount to understand how to measure different things and how to minimize that other external elements can interfere.

I don’t know exactly how Amir's test was conducted but some said that the box was not used and connected as it is intended to be used and that he didn’t even measured the ground plain, e.g. Amir didn’t connect the box to an audio system and instead connected it directly to his measuring device and all it showed was the noise that the cable picked up from his room. The thing is that a ground box is supposed to act like an antenna and drain noise from the audio system to the box :).     

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

DF6F1C88-0313-4069-B900-E914F646E253.jpegIs anyone using this  configuration

How does it sound? 

What did you compare it to?

What switch are you using?

Strange things can sometimes have an effect 😜. No, I don’t think you will benefit anything with this configuration, but if you use 2 switches, maybe.

Router – switch 1- server- switch 2 – endpoint.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, matthias said:

Even the SR7 DR is about half the price of the DC4 and has about the double amp output of the DC4. 

Matt

I don’t think SR7 DR is even an option anymore. If it is there is more than the final price to consider IMO. A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, RickyV said:

Do you know what’s the difference between the HSA-1A and B amp?

With the HSA-1A you can only use one type of headphone, the RAAL-requisite. With HSA-1B you can use the amp with both the RAAL-requisite and other type of headphones. That's the only difference.

• 6 months later...
10 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Some of us is dependent on good USB to SPDIF converters. I as many others, bought a modified Singxer SU-1 based on recommendation in this tread. 

Have anyone upgraded to SU-2 ?

And of cause is SQ equal or better ?

My reason to consider this upgrade, is the external clock input.

I assume I still can use external 5V input? (As with SU-1).

Kitsune https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product/ktesu2/ is selling an “upgraded” version. Any idea idea if it’s worth the double price tag ?

I would advice you to also take a look at Digital To Digital Converters from Audio GD and Denafrips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 9:05 AM, seeteeyou said:

Taiko Audio DC DC-ATX
https://taikoaudio.com/taiko-2020/product/taiko-audio-dc-dc-atx/

Unregulated ARC6 Power Supply for Taiko ATX
https://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/power-supplies/unregulated-arc6-power-supply-for-taiko-atx

Unbeatable combo for powering Asus WS C621E SAGE, the best thing since sliced bread.

@Nenon, @seeteeyou What can Taiko Audio DC DC-ATX, feed by the unregulated ARC6 DC4 PSU, drive for loads (W, A, V) and type of servers?

4 minutes ago, MarcelNL said:

@Summit did you check out the Taiko site (link in message above) ; there is a spec sheet with all that info. JUst scroll down, click on the image at the far right and you'll see the currents and voltages listed underneath.

Yes I did, but is those numbers actually with the unregulated ARC6 DC4 PSU? If yes its a hell lot of power packed in that PSU.