IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

So many different topics covered here, but lots of discussion on DC power cables of the JSSG360 variety.

Im looking to feed my ultraRendu and would love anyone’s compaitive impressions on the following:

Gotham GAC 4 - star quad

Neotech UPOCC 7N copper - solid core 16awg

Neotech UPOCC 7N copper - stranded 18awg

Canare - star quad

I know many prefer the Neotech Silver version, but can anyone comment on the audible characteristics of the above? Note that I have tried the Gotham and like its mid range and bass, but a specific band of its lower treble is forced and unnatural. But thats just my experience, what have others found? And can anyone give their objective comparisons of the above?

• 7 months later...
21 hours ago, soares said:

Would be grateful for some advice. 
My current configuration:
Router< RJ45 >oM <SFP> Buffalo 2016 <RJ45> Zen MKIII <RJ45> oM <SFP> eR <RJ45> uR <USB> iR <USB> DAC

The sound is absolutely fantastic, using 2x Farad, 2x LPS 1.2 and 2x sBoosters + ultra.

However we all want to improve what we’re getting, so I am considering to sell my uR and get an oR. Should I expect a significant SQ upgrade?

Thank you for your views.

Best, 

Jorge

I know cool_chris has some good advice for making improvements further up the chain. Assuming that is done (or isn't) I think your question still stands - would swapping the ultraRendu out for an opticalRendu be a sound quality upgrade? Significant? and better still to then use the etherRegen in place of the opticalModule?

Ive read some differing opinions on how significant these changes might be, can anyone chime in with their experiences?

On 11/24/2020 at 7:54 PM, Tatomek7 said:

You will not know the answer as long, as you will not check it in you chain. I have 3 different Finisars, Planet, Startech and 1321 sounds not bad, but I'm not sure if I like it without any but... . 1321 with some tubes in my DAC sounds little bit too mellow, when Startech one sounds with other ones too bright. As 1321 is really cheap ( I paid for 4 of them 35$ (shipping incl. ), the risk is acceptable 😃  If you will not like them, always you can use them to separate your WiFi router.

What is your favourite SFP from your list?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 7:07 PM, Tatomek7 said:

If you would like to test it ( FTLF1318P3BTL ), I have one and not in use at the moment. ( Warsaw ).

Go on @cool_chris - take him up on it, what is one more to compare and this might be even better. You are the best person to compare them. Wont you need two, one at each end to match receiver sensitivity?