IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

I just recieved 5 of theese LT3045 boards with 4 parallel LT3045 that I bought from an ebay seller:

20191003_202133_HDR.thumb.jpg.8188989e5590336d535b1c3b592ff603.jpg

To early to say, but I think I like them. Thinking about changing the big cap which is an Jamicon @ 1000uF 30V.

Does anyone have any recommedation for cap change? They will be used in the USB chain mostly (two ISO regen and one Matrix element H pcie USB card) so current draw maybe will be at most 100mA per regulator board. Was thinking about Panasonic OS-CON 1000uF 16V but not sure.

16 hours ago, henke said:

I just recieved 5 of theese LT3045 boards with 4 parallel LT3045 that I bought from an ebay seller:

20191003_202133_HDR.thumb.jpg.8188989e5590336d535b1c3b592ff603.jpg

To early to say, but I think I like them. Thinking about changing the big cap which is an Jamicon @ 1000uF 30V.

Does anyone have any recommedation for cap change? They will be used in the USB chain mostly (two ISO regen and one Matrix element H pcie USB card) so current draw maybe will be at most 100mA per regulator board. Was thinking about Panasonic OS-CON 1000uF 16V but not sure.

Got me wondering if the supposed LT3045 on my board are legit. It says:

"LGYP

N912
827"
On them not "LT3045" as my MPaudio board. 

Have anyone seen theese type LT3045 package that I have?

29 minutes ago, RickyV said:

Try it, listen and switch a couple of times between one and two sticks.

But don’t forget to power down the steamer, disconnect power cord and discharge yourself on something that goes to earth.

Yes maybe I will do that :) thought I ask so I know if it's worth trying out. Kind of hard to A/B:ing the change also

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, lmitche said:

With Linux it seems the Realtek chipset NICs are best. My two cost $20 each.

Actually having plans on running it bridged to an eRED-DOCK from an USBridge sig on Linux based OS, all built in a chassis with an lps inside. Do you happen to have a link or name for the USB NIC/s your using, thanks.

This seems quite good with 4kV optical isolation

https://www.exsys.ch/en/usb-2-0-3-0-3-1/usb-3-0/ethernet/usb-3-0-ethernet-1gigabit-lan-incl-din-rail-kit-metal-case.html

It has Realtek RTL8153B chipset

Although a bit worried the isolation might add more noise than one without

• 3 weeks later...