IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

I'm a new comer here in this thread.In fact i succeed to make a static bridge between my microRendu direct connection to my laptop using LAN cable and wifi.

But i don't know what is the right configuration in jRiver MC21 to run my stored music in my internal HD.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

I Bought also sMS-200 but i'm trying to see microRendu performance before to listen to sMS-200

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 11:21 PM, sadekkhalifa said:

I'm a new comer here in this thread.In fact i succeed to make a static bridge between my microRendu direct connection to my laptop using LAN cable and wifi.

But i don't know what is the right configuration in jRiver MC21 to run my stored music in my internal HD.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

I Bought also sMS-200 but i'm trying to see microRendu performance before to listen to sMS-200

I figured out how to run a music from jRiver MC21 while I'm connecting sMS-200, i found the sMS-200 under Playing now in the upper left corner in jRiver, i just select the sMs-200 and it appeared with green logo then i opened my music from internal HD.

Here is my method to make a direct connection:

1- I made a bridge between my Wifi and useless ethernet network

2- Holding a little bit to ensure that the internet came back.

3- Connecting my sMS-200 or microRendu to the bridge.

4- Assign a static IP to my network bridge with different than a default IP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Eric,

See my post immediately above. You're still locking in the sCLK-EX improvements.

The only thing you don't know is whether, in the future, if you buy an amazing master clock like the Ref 10, you will hear an additional improvement. That will determine whether the extra - what, $200? - you spent for the master clock inputs was worth it or not.

@austinpop does the Ref10 need a master clock with 12v connector or 6-9v connector?

1 hour ago, Always.Learning said:

I recently ordered an "Ultra stack" of sMS-200 Ultra, tX-USB Ultra, and the modded Ultra D-Link switch supplied by Crux Audio. I also ordered two lengths of dCBL-Cat7 ethernet cable. The plan is to power the tX with a dedicated LPS-1 and power the combination of the sMS-200 and switch with another LPS-1 and Y cable. I am trading in my 5-month old sMS-200 (unlike some here, I found the trade-in package offered by Crux/SOtM to represent fair value). The only reclocking cable in this scenario is a cable connecting the tX-USB Ultra to the modded switch, and I was told that it would be 20cm long (by Crux Audio). 

At the same time I'm upgrading a Mac Mini to MMK status, to be powered by a JS-2. All this will feed into a Chord DAVE. I will report my impressions when this is in place, but I don't expect that to happen until mid-July, as I have travel plans and I have not even sent my old sMS-200 to Crux Audio yet (or modified the Mac Mini). 

Are you sure you can power both sMS-200Ultra and ULTRA D-Link switch using a single LPS-1 and Y-cable

On 5/28/2017 at 5:57 PM, mozes said:

Hi Greenleo

My system is IR>tXultra>Dac

and my listening impressions are based on this configuration.

The one who had the IR and tX-USBUltra is @mozes and in fact @greenleo and I asked him to make this comparison and some sort of them tXUltra>IR>DAC but it seems he hasn't a time to make these test at that time.

Hopefully he can do this at the moment 

On 6/17/2017 at 8:16 PM, romaz said:

My guess is that people will find that the two will perform very close and one may be better than the other depending on personal tastes and your system's needs.  The fact that John and Alex obtained an eye diagram for the ISO Regen and confirmed the integrity of its USB output says a lot.  People assume their USB output (which includes the integrity of their USB cable) is high quality based on what they hear but to really know that your USB integrity is as good as it can be, you need to get an eye diagram of your USB signal at all the bitrates that you listen to (Redbook and higher) and so in my view, the fact that they have done this is a big deal.  

If price is a high priority, I doubt you can beat the value of the ISO Regen.  If you are looking to clock a stack of components and desire the future option of adding a master clock, then SOtM is your only option.

Regardless of which path you take, I don't see any losers here.

What about if you will combine IR with tXUltra?

This observation will be quite interesting things.

23 minutes ago, austinpop said:

@mozes already reported he got a huge bump in SQ with going from:

Nimitra > tX-USBultra > Brooklyn

to:

Nimitra > ISO-Regen > tX-USBultra > Brooklyn

what about if he switches to the following arrangement:

Nimitra > tX-USBultra > ISO-Regen > Brooklyn

This will give us an indication of which one is better as the best clock should be closest to a DAC

19 minutes ago, greenleo said:

I would still recommend to try it before making conclusions even I have due respect to Alex.

If the answer is proven true, then lots of products will be out of business.

In fact, i already purchased IR but i can't afford to purchase another one to try multiple IR unless @Superdad lent me additional one :D.