IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

13 hours ago,  lmitche said: 

Does anyone know of any other high current LPSes worth considering?

Please have look at Sbooster sitescreenshot_65.thumb.jpg.0ed7b42362bf9c671138bacf219552db.jpg

screenshot_67.jpg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

• 11 months later...
11 minutes ago, LowMidHigh said:

Hello gents... 

I have a cascade of 2 ER's before my Aries G2 streamer, tethered to Mutec REF10 and powered with 2 x LPS. 

Incredible sound. 

Would a 3rd ER give an additional boost, or have I hit the limit?  Thanks! 

I have 3x Bonn Silent Angels upfront the Etherregen clicked with Afterdark and both powered Farad Super3 and Bonn with lps1.2

Every switch added opened sound and added more stereo separation. Why I don’t have a clue only layman underpinning.

If have a chance to try do it

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

19 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

Thanks man...I suppose that you prefer the Bonn more than the ER, going by their numbers in your chain....Care to compare?

No that’s not the case the price is much lower for me due my relationship.Normal price Bonn Silent Angel is approx. €375 and modified €595 commercial company Kemp Electronics but my model is more modified too.

Maybe some day I can test multiple ER with independent power and master clock with more outlets to hear what happens??

@Superdad

I am hesitating to start with fiber due to the heavy dispute is going on in another thread.

Not sure if it brings more than cascading dedicated switches in line???

The same approach more or less is now presented by Afterdark with their new Melco= Buffalo 16 p switch.

@AfterDark.

Still it’s amazing that cascading is that good. A compared to a new better Dac / Streamer cheap.

Ps. I am glad to that I have left the USB road ( with reclockers, Usb Ethernet Bridge etc...) 

I prefer my Dac/ Streamer Auralic Vega G2.1 much better. With the Etherregen with Clock and the Bonn’s sounds amazing good.

Besides that the Auralic app is so nice and easy with Qobuz Hires.

I don’t need a very heavy pc for upsampling by means of HQ player anymore ..,.the ease of present system is that great that my family loves it now 😜