IGNORED

Anyboldy heard the new Beck 24 bit downloads, esp Odelay?

I see ProStudioMasters and HDtracks have 24/88 versions of Odelay (and Guero, but I've owned the DVD-A of that for years). Anybody heard Odelay yet? Worth it. I am more and more skeptical of the value of some of these, but often there are amazing nuggets uncovered. Thanks

The real problem with "improving sound quality" of artists like Beck is that he and his production team use limiting, compression, sampling, etc for effect, so it's not like it's a master that has a lot of room anyway. 24/192 Mutation sounds slightly better than the redbook but nothing I'd pay big $ for again.

• 2 weeks later...

I am friends with Mike S. (aka dust bro ez mike). I could reach out to him and and perhaps find out what the tracks were laid down at if anyone is interested.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Thanks for this thread. MusicScope analysis of the Guero (Deluxe set) DVD-Audio indicates that there is only 16 bit data within the 24 bit stereo container. A couple of songs have steep low pass filters well below 20 kHz, but I too assumed they were intentional for effect, i.e. artistic discretion. Looking forward to learning more...

• 3 weeks later...