IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

It updates only things that are newer. So, no worries. I tried, it updated Roon (and only Roon related files) the previous time and still says 2.5.

EDIT: Sonicorbiter 2.5.7 was updated to 2.5.8 when I just checked, and microRendu 1.1-3 to 1.1-4.

Still Current version 2.5, latest version 2.3.

1 hour ago, André Gosselin said:

How were you informed of this update ?

I read about it a few posts above mine.

Sometimes I just hit update on the microRendu, when I am bored, and sometimes you get something new.

• vortecjr unlocked this topic
  • 4 months later...

I do not know in which version exactly it changed, but on my microRendu and on my ultraRendu, sometimes if I update and reboot (even if there is no update) it defaults back to the first player instead of the active player: Ii starts Squeezelite although it was on RoonReady. Is that by design? Can it be so that after a reboot it defaults back to the last setting?

Would be great.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:07 AM, chetthejet said:

I have a microJukebox and an ultraRendu--both running 2.7.  I updated the firmware to the most current version about two days ago.  This afternoon, the ultraRendu suddenly disappeared from the “Network Player” section of the sonicorbiter web interface.  My microJukebox is still there.  Strangely, the ultraRendu still appears as a device on my home network, and Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite still see it just fine.  No problem playing music.

I’ve tried all of the usual things several times---removed power, ethernet and USB, removed the SD card and reinserted and each time the unit comes back up, appears on my network, can play music, but does not show up on sonicorbiter.  It seems as though the problem may be with the webserver on the ultraRendu???

Let me know what you recommend I try…

Maybe you can try your browser's Incognito functionality / tab to open sonicorbiter.com?

1 hour ago, chetthejet said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but the sonicorbiter.com webpage works just fine.  The page comes up and It displays my microJukebox under "Music Servers, but doesn't display my ultraRendu under "Network Players".  It's odd because, as I mentioned, the ultraRendu is fully visible on my home network and, as well, is visible to Squeezelite/LMS and there are no issues with playing music.  It just appears the the ultraRendu is, somehow, not announcing itself to sonicorbiter.com...

Ok, this helped me, when I missed both my microRendu and ultraRendu on that page, while they were working fine. I think I had this twice or three times altogether. Removing all cookies etc might help too.

• 4 weeks later...

I am becoming allergic to we won't say anything but it is great stuff coming up, let us all put pressure on someone else (this site's owner even) to reveal it. 

Ok, I admit it is probably because I got burnt when paying for LH labs Wave...

And do not be afraid, I will probably fall for the etherRegen, optical module and other uptone and sonore combinations.

6 hours ago, Superdad said:

I sure hope not.  That would be majorly insulting to Sonore.  

Sonore always delivers on its promises.  

Perhaps people don’t realize just how much time it takes to develop great products.

I’m really looking forward to putting an opticalRendu in my music system.  :)

My intention was to explain that I became sensitive because of LH, their behaviour caused even being too sensitive for regular, innocent enthusiasm from honourable companies I have bought several items from and probably will buy again. 

Sonore or Uptone has not  and would not behave in that way, and I hope by explaining this a little better to take away that link. Indeed, that would be an insult and that was absolutely not my intention.