IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Hi Jesus,

Just got back from vacation and (unexpectedly) found the v2.8 information........I hadn't been following the thread/topic at all, just the optical Rendu thread...........you might want to put a short post in some of the other threads as well for folks like me who don't follow all the threads here.

Can you tell us if v2.8 includes (new version and protocols) NAA4.0.0 for HQPlayer and if not, when that will be available?

It is a bit of a hassle, but I fully support upgrading to a more modern/updated kernel periodically.

Maintaining the old stuff gets to be a real pia...........or even worse, maintaining many parallel versions.

Off to order my SD card update.....................

Happy new year

On 1/7/2020 at 6:09 PM, vortecjr said:

New modern Kernel, updated apps, return of Spotify (beta). I'm also trying to include Compact Disc Digital Audio Streaming as discussed here: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/57261-sonore-compact-disc-digital-audio-streaming/

got my v2.8 SD card installed yesterday........hardest part was properly inserting the new SD card by touch at back of opticalRendu  :)

these SD cards were not designed for large klutzy hands

then deleted all apps except for hqplayer NAA, which is the only one i use

then updated

got lots of error messages

updated again, fewer error messages, but NAA 4.0 was now available and running fine

perhaps i should have done all the updates before deleting the stuff i don't need?

18 hours ago, steven.y said:

Received a new 2.8 card yesterday for microRendu and start enjoying music with HQPlayer Desktop(ver 4.3.1).  I have two questions:

Q2. The NAA driver software might be beta as HQPlayer Output Device settings page says: "Device: 28beta:NuPrime IDA-8: USB Audio".  Is USB Audio driver is beta version?

same here with NAA device as 28beta.........maybe a leftover in Jussi's new NAA4.0 code?