IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

And maybe one of these days Mr. Wicked will decide to complete his USB solution:).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/25/2021 at 7:48 AM, pionphil said:

Would it cheaper to get the used Pioneer or used PlayStation to rip SACD? 

Is setting up to get these rippers to work harder on Pioneer or Playstation? 

I recently bought an old Sony BDP S4100 for $40. Seems to be in good shape. Simple to setup for ripping SACD's, and since I only use it for the occasional rip, it will probably last me "forever". Can't see any reason to find one of those really old Playstations when the suitable Sony, Pioneer, etc are much more widely available. 

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 4 weeks later...

`have you tried SACDExtractGUI instead of  the Sonore program?

• 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, Darryl R said:

Hello,

I've been away from SACD ripping for a few years but just got a Sony BDP-S6500.  The unit seems fine, but things are not working as easily as the Pioneer (which broke a few years ago).  I believe I have everything in place, but the sequence of the Sony is different.  When the tray opens and I load the disc, I'm not aware of any display to see if it's recognizing the disc, and I can't eject the disc without hard powering first and then ejecting.  Also, I know I'm supposed to power down to sleep mode in order to rip on the Sony, and I believe I do that.  Nonetheless I can't rip, and get the error "libsacdread:  Can't stat /dev/cdrom No such file or directory". Any ideas?

Thanks,

Darryl

If you don't get a good answer, I'd try at the hifiheaven thread. They are very good with advice about specific units.