IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Larry

The build numbers are no longer displayed since quite a while, "2.20" is fine.

You must select "Roon" in the shell replacement section of the ServiceTool to see the combo shell replacements for Roon & HQP.

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi

For Maintenance-Tasks like installing Windows Updates you need to do a reset using the ServiceTool. Once Maintenance is done you need to do a full run of AO again to get fully optimized.

It is always recommended to have all available windows updates installed, especially for Windows Server 2016 which still is "under construction" from Microsoft. But this is a general advice for ALL OS's.

Very best,

AudioPhil

Hi

Both AO and ServiceTool need to be activated. You need to activate ServiceTool if you want to use it. If you need more support regarding this matter contact [email protected].

Best,

AudioPhil

• 2 weeks later...

I do not recommend disabling more services than AO does.

From the posted list, a lot services where not disabled because AO's "disable network related services" feature was not used. Using this feature would disable many more services.

One or two of the disabled services from the list will end in trouble sooner or later. 

So if one is not absolutely sure about what he is doing and how to get out of it again should it go sideways, i'd really be careful with this.

best,

AudioPhil

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for the report. I think this issue is a combination of Server 2016 in Core Mode and the USB dongle itself. 

What exact setup did you have when it was working? OS and exact AO version is of interest.

Best,

AudioPhil

On 27.4.2017 at 9:02 AM, greenleo said:

Hi Phil,

May I assume that b5 may come out next week?  Very excited.

Hello

yes chances are pretty good beta 5 will be available for public testing somewhen by next week. :)

Best,

AudioPhil

Hello all

I don't publish exact release dates, it will be ready when its ready. I am in no hurry in any way and care so much more about quality and stability than a faster release. But either way it's not going to take very long anymore, beta 5 is coming very soon :)

And because of that I wanted to share the change log with you all, already before the release. I hope you read and study it in detail, feel free to ask any question.

Version 2.20 Beta 5
======================================================================
AudiophileOptimizer 2.20
- Enables WASAPI in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental)
- Enables Sound Control Panel in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental, en-US only!)
- Enables Device Manager in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental, en-US only!)
- Enables RoonServer in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables TIDAL in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Support for Windows 10 Build 15063 (Creators Update)
- AO disables automatic maintenance (Win10/Server 2016)
- Roon Support for Windows Server 2016 (All Editions)
- Up to 14 more disabled services (All OS'es)
- Enables WDM Drivers in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Update of "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature for Windows Server 2016
- Minor changes and updates
- Ability to disable Cortana (Windows 10)
- Ability to remove Windows Defender (Windows Server 2016)
- Updated MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Removed Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016
- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016
- Kernel-Streaming for Windows Server 2016 in Core Mode

ServiceTool 2.20
- Support for Windows 10 Build 15063 (Creators Update)
- Important update of the reset feature
- Update of js.cmd and jm.cmd (now exits back into command prompt)
- Reset does no longer disable network bridges
- Kodi Shell Replacement
- Alchemy Shell Replacement
- HQPlayer NAA Shell Replacement
- Roon and HQPlayer Shell Replacement
  (starts Roon and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)
- RoonServer and HQPlayer Shell Replacement
  (starts RoonServer and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation
- Update of Windows Server 2016 WLAN support
- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016
  (since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

Setup 2.20
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation
- Update of the PDF Guide

Hope you enjoy it,

AudioPhil

39 minutes ago, gonefishing said:

Hi Phil,

Any chance this problem could be resolved?

Bug report for Version 2.20 Beta 4 on windows server 2016 in core on Control PC

Problem report if I have disable network related services I lose the JPLAY link to the Audio PC.

no ping possible. error unable to contact IP driver. General failure.

if I roll back and enable network related services the Audio PC can be ping and plays as normal.

Windows server 2012R2 with  AO 2.20 Beta 4 worked OK and other previous version until I changed to win serv 2016

Really looking forward to the access to device manager under 2016 core great stuff

Cheers

John

Hi John

Are you 100% sure that you set a static IP adress?

Best,

AudioPhil

On 3.5.2017 at 7:00 AM, gonefishing said:

Hi Phil,

Any chance this problem could be resolved?

Bug report for Version 2.20 Beta 4 on windows server 2016 in core on Control PC

Problem report if I have disable network related services I lose the JPLAY link to the Audio PC.

no ping possible. error unable to contact IP driver. General failure.

if I roll back and enable network related services the Audio PC can be ping and plays as normal.

Windows server 2012R2 with  AO 2.20 Beta 4 worked OK and other previous version until I changed to win serv 2016

Really looking forward to the access to device manager under 2016 core great stuff

Cheers

John

Hello John

This "no ping possible. error unable to contact IP driver. General failure." it has been like that since the introduction of this feature three years ago. it is by design and completely normal.

I have no issues on my setup with JPLAY Dual PC, AO 2.20 all options maxed out and static IP set.

Best,

AudioPhil

10 hours ago, kaka said:

Thanks for the log Phil

Does HQPlayer run in core mode on Win Server 2016? I saw the mention of shell replacement, but nothing about core

Thanks

Hi

On my setup it works without issues. But i do not know if it also works with the very latest build of HQplayer. HQPlayer in Core is not in the Scope of Beta 5, so it might work or not, we'll see.

Best,

AudioPhil

3 minutes ago, grunter said:

Hi Phil, 

could I ask you if there will be MMCSS in Windows 2016 Core with AO 2.20 beta5?
Thanks.

Hi

you will no longer see it as running service since microsoft moved it from user into kernel mode.

But yes, it does work well with Beta 5 (but also outside of scope and therefore not mentioned)

Best,

AudioPhil

Hello

We have just one AO. One AO for all OS's.

Every AO version always contains news for all OS's, as so will AO 2.20 Beta 5.

During development certainly the focus is towards one of the supported OS's, but as said above, there will always be just one AO for all of them.

Best,

AudioPhil

8 hours ago, Shanepj said:

can I ask if the TRIM option automatically works or do we have to run AO everything to run it for SSD's?

i know when I try an run it manually, it doesn't allow me

if it doesn't, can an option in the service tools be added as it's a pain having to run AO every month just to keep the SSD healthy

if you are adding it, and you are using a dual boot, can it TRIM the whole drive which has been split into two?

Cheers, Shane

Hi Shane

AO does it "only" for your systemdrive on the partition AO is actually installed (most likely the C:\ drive).

If you like to do it for all drives you can simply do it like this: defrag.exe DRIVELETTER /U /O

It might be needed to enable and start the defrag service first:

sc config defragsvc start= auto

net start defragsvc

Best,

AudioPhil

10 hours ago, alcarp said:

Most of the changes in beta 2.5 seem to relate to Server Core. Can those using GUI expect any SQ improvement?

Hi

indeed the change log does not look very spectacular for 2012 R2/Windows 10 users. This is because the main focus is on Windows Server 2016.

but this does not mean that i have forgotten all my other sheeps! :-) (which absolutely make the majority of users!)

yes you all can expect a pretty nice step up in sound quality, simply NO MATTER what OS you are using. I took care of that, no worries!

Best,

AudioPhil

1 hour ago, grunter said:

Hi Phil, is beta 5 downloadable?

Thanks.

Hi Grunter

you will get an Update notification in AO/ST/setup once it is available for download (assuming you are already on a beta of 2.20).

alternatively you can just check our download section on our homepage. You will se the currently available beta once you logged in.

best,

AudioPhil

1 hour ago, dm68 said:

Hi, I've just installed Server 2016 Core having previously used Server 2012 R2 in minimal server mode. I'm using AO 2.20 Beta4 with RoonServer and HQplayer to an NAA.

I'm getting a "Transport: Failed to load media." error in Roon when I try to play anything. This happens when attempting to play both files in my library and from Tidal. Is this to be expected in Beta 4 and will be overcome in Beta 5 or should it work?

Library files play fine if I select them directly from within HQplayer.

Thanks,
Dean

Hi Dean

Why do you expect this to work with Beta 4? That's why so far Roon was always and "only" supported in minimal-server and GUI, but not Core Mode. AO 2.20 Beta 5 will get this issue sorted out for you if you are on Windows Server 2016 in Core mode.

Please read the change log of AO 2.20. Beta 5 in detail.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Dean

Yes it is a known issue between Roon and Windows Server in Core Mode. 

Let me give you a hint: do NOT convert back to 2012 R2! You would have a rather bad timing then... ;-)

Best,

AudioPhil

6 minutes ago, Darryl R said:

I've been looking forward to this update ever since seeing Phil's very cool video (where he serenades us into his new release with a Hollywood quality video trailer :)).

Does any know the commands for invoking the Audio and Device Manager consoles in 2016 Core?  I didn't see any doc updates and the video is too small to make out.

Hey Darryl

thanks for the comment about the video, I had a lot of fun creating it :-)

this post will help you GREATLY: http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/#entry40505

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi

i absolutely was in the mood to get ncpa.cpl working as well, and yes i certainly tried... but failed horribly :)

so as for now sconfig is still the easiest way to configure io related settings.

but chances are pretty good that we'll see a working ncpa.cpl in core mode somwhen in a future AO version.

Best,

AudioPhil