IGNORED

Digital Audio Player

I will connect my dap to my car audio system... I have a Mark Levinson system in my 450 Lexus.. Which player is the the richest sounding experience with lossless only music? Thank you...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

I will connect my dap to my car audio system... I have a Mark Levinson system in my 450 Lexus.. Which player is the the richest sounding experience with lossless only music? Thank you...

You're concerned about SQ in a car? Now, that's what I call an exercise in futility. Even in a premium, luxury automobile, the interior of a car is the ultimate hostile environment for a sound system. It's shaped wrong, it's made of the wrong materials, there is too much ambient noise and unless you're driving a McLaren F1 (with the driver's seat in the middle), neither you nor your passengers are sitting in the right spot for any sort of stereo effect. My advice is use your smart phone or buy a cheap player like a Sandisk SansaClip (<$40 from Amazon) and load it with WAV or FLACK files!

George

Not the sq. Just a direct player that can load a significant amount of the undistorted lossless. Using the phone truly makes the music sound awful. I avoid Bluetooth ad much as possible ...

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

I use an old IPod in my Lexus. As gmgraves states above, there is too much noise to worry about exceptional sound quality. Agree that Bluetooth is not that great, I use the USB and plug it into the Mark Levinson.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Thanks for the input. I just want a reliable player that can store the most flac . I have in the past sound tweaked many cars. Again, thank you...

For FLAC,..., I have Sony NWZX2 that comes with 128 gb and one can use 200 GB Sandisk micro-SD cards for ultimate expansion. Might be less expensive options out there...Like connecting a laptop with a HD or other DAP brands (The new Onkyo player looks interesting) but I am not up to date with low cost DAPs. I am waiting to see if Sony will do a ZX3.

chris

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers