IGNORED

DSD 512 May Fest in Munich

The excitement is building for the DSD 512 Fest on Friday May 6th at BMW World.

We are absolutely delighted that Jussi Laako, the author of HQ Player is going be there, as well as Eno Vandemeer and Rob Darling of Roon

The industry attendee list (alphabetical) also includes

- Cristiano Bastianelli – Albedo Loudspeakers

- Mark Coles – Sablon Audio

- Lawrence Dickie - Vivid Audio

- Gary Koh – Genesis Loudspeakers

- Robb Niemann and Norm Steinkie – Rutherford Audio

- Jarred and Jonas Sacks – Channel Classics & NativeDSD.com

The journalist list includes

- Michael Lavorgna – Audiostream

- Jason Serenus – Stereophile

- Marja and Henk – 6moons

- Matej Isak – Mono and Stereo

- Dirk Sommer – HiFi Statement & Positive Feedback

- Brad Morrical – Positive Feedback

Also attending are about 10 What’s Best Forum and Computer Audiophile members, plus the people who have been instrumental in the Sound Galleries Music Server project

The equipment is as follows

- Roon and HQ Player doing realtime upconversion of Redbook, Hi Res and DSD 64 & 128 all to DSD 512

- Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server feeding DSD 512 to : -

- T+A PDP-3000HV SACD Player DAC and T+A DAC 8 DSD

- “debut” electronics

- Vivid Giya G1 speakers

- All of the interconnects and speaker cabling is from Sablon Audio’s portfolio of highly praised cables

The debut electronics are mono blocks from Taiko Audio, a new Dutch start up electronics manufacturer who also did the lion’s share of the engineering and design of the SGM 2015. The principal of Taiko Audio, is long time CA member edbk aka Emile Bok.

Coming very soon are photos of all of this exciting new gear

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

I guess Mark Waldrep wasn't invited. :)

Seriously, quite an impressive lineup. Unfortunately, it's just too far and too expensive to go.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

We are introducing the new DSD512 T+A Player in Action on Thursday 21st April 2016 with Norm from Rutherford Audio.

We will also have the T+A PDP3000HV setup to play DSD Files during our demonstrations.

Come by and visit us at Sunny Components Inc,

1370 E Cypress Street, Suite D,

Covina, CA-91724.

626-966-6259.

http://www.sunnyaudiovideo.com

A fan of all Digital music, Electronics made by Wadia Digital, DAC\'s made by Audio Research, Boulder\'s fantastic 1021 Network player, Rega\'s DAC. [br]I have a retail store in Covina, Ca Called Sunny\'s Home Theater and Music Systems. I am in process of building and finishing my computer that\'s SILENT..0 db noise.

BMW World is a 10 minute taxi ride from the MOC exhibition center

Public demo time is from 2pm to 6pm on Friday May 6th

Here is a floor plan showing how to get to the demo room at BMW World (Click on the picture for a bigger view)

Go to the stairs opposite the Cooper S Bar, and walk up to the first floor

Walk to the end of the foyer and turn right and then left in to the room

BMW Welt_Floorplan_EG.JPG

Sound Test, Monaco

e-mail [email protected]

I guess Mark Waldrep wasn't invited. :)

Seriously, quite an impressive lineup. Unfortunately, it's just too far and too expensive to go.

yeah, I wish I could too.

It would be nice to create some kind of video coverage; I wonder if that is possible.

Have a great show!

The excitement DSD512 May Fest has gone up another big notch, Chris Connaker is coming !

With Chris, Jussi Laako, Jared Sacks, we have drawn Full DSD / Computer Audio House :-)

As to delivering the sonics we are confident, the Giya G1's have a gorgeous sound, the Taiko mono bloc power amps are optimized for working with DAC's with built in volume controls, and they are just singing in their new all alluminium cases.

Sound Test, Monaco

e-mail [email protected]

Have all the tickets for this event gone?

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Have all the tickets for this event gone?

I am sorry to report that the event is already over booked.

The public viewing time is from 2pm to 6pm, and some of us will definitely be free to chat with you and ask for your sonic observations, and share with you our 2 cents about today's DAC landscape

Look forward to seeing you there

Edward

Sound Test, Monaco

e-mail [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

The event went very well. Quite a few people said it was the best sound they ever heard !

elberoth said only the new Magico speakers powered by the Solution 701 monoblocs sounded better than our system which costs a fraction of the price of the Solution setup

A highlight was Jussi talk during the tech session

image.jpg

Sound Test, Monaco

e-mail [email protected]

Congrats.

Is there a video from the above event?

Or can we get Jussi's presentation slides?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I will ask Jussi

meanwhile here is a short video clip

Cool, thanks for sharing, Ed.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

• 2 weeks later...