IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

4 minutes ago, creativepart said:

I've rebooted it and tried it again - both kernel update and NAA installed dozens of times now.

I either need a new disk image down load or to try another mSD card again. between 5.1 and 5.3 I had to totally replace the mSD card. The previous card was a 32gb Samsung EVO card, when I replaced it it used the 32gb PNY that folks point to as best for this application.

I couldn't get the Samsung mSD to take the 5.3v disc image, that's why I changed to the PNY mSD.

Try to format the card (fat32) and then burn the image again, no need to download the image again

Stefano

My audio system

2 minutes ago, aslg said:

and 5.4 that gave me even more problems.

You should upgrade to 5.4 and to the new kernel as it gives compatibility with more Wi-Fi dongle chips (btw … 5.2 is quite old and had some issues)

Try for first to connect the SOtM to the router by wire, once it works fine try using Wi-Fi dongle and if you have the same double SSID with same name “issue” try to change in the router the SSID names (one for 2.4GHz and the other for 5GHz )

Stefano

My audio system

6 hours ago, audiobomber said:

What happens when you play a DSD file in Squeezelite?

It does play as any other player/endpoint according to the dac, it can play DSD in native mode if the dac is a DSD native dac or in DSD/DoP mode if the dac is DSD/DoP only, Squeezelite must be configured depending on the dac of course.

I can play up to DSD512 that’s my max dac resolution.

Stefano

My audio system

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

Schiit Modi 3

15 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

Schiit Mobius DAC

None of these dac can play DSD (native or DoP) according to their specs

16 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

Raspberry Pi in another system is able to play DSD files, to a Schiit Modi 3

What player do you run on the Pi? It must downsample DSD to PCM …

Stefano

My audio system

5 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

I know Schiit DAC's cannot play native DSD. But they will play converted DSD files if the end point does the conversion. My other end points convert (Windows, Volumio, Chromecast). The sMS does not, all I get so far is stuttering.

1 hour ago, audiobomber said:

Today I installed BubbleUPnP on the sMS-200, but it didn't seem to do change anything as far as I can tell.

Once Bubbleupnpserver is installed and running on SOtM sms200 you need to configure it using its configuration web page that can be accessed by any browser using the url

http://SOtM-ip-address:58050

then go to the Media Renderers tab, select the one you want to configure 

IMG_2781.thumb.jpeg.d496f9c8931b65c78aacf5ff1a38cf34.jpeg

Give the Room name a different name than the original one.

In the control point you can select now the renderer/Room you’ve just configured.

I’ve never used Audio decoding but it should work …

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 months later...