IGNORED

Article: Peachtree Audio 2.0 Launches In NYC

Very nice. Except the niece is not nice. Pun intended. (Check the typo.)

I was beginning to worry Peachtree had lost its mojo. Sounds like they have some great new ideas.

oops. Thanks for the correction.

I was in your camp as well, thinking Peachtree had lost its mojo. Over the last few years much of the company's work has been behind the scenes. Now it's time for those efforts to bear fruit.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I totally got into computer audiophile quality through the Nova and this website. Good to see they're still kicking with new stuff.

Third Floor: AE>Pioneer solid state integrated>Sony PS-x70 turntable>KEF 103.2 speakers

Second Floor: Intel NUC>LampizatOr GA TRP/LampizatOr Integrated Solid State amp>triode wire labs speaker cables & power cord and wywires power cords>vapor über auroras speakers

Old school: VPI Prime Signature turntable w/ Ortofon Bronze Cadenza cartridge and Technics SP-10 mk2

First Floor: AE>lifatec silflex glass toslink>schiit bifrost über>Kimber kable hero RCA>audioengine 5

This is great news. I am an owner of the P220 Power Amp and was somewhat disappointed to see the product line diminish with that amp being dropped. I am been extremely happy with the amp so I have nothing negative to say about it, so it's great to see new energy and effort behind the brand. David himself called me during my product selection so I certainly think highly of him and the brand.

Does anyone have experience with the SonaDAC and/or amp? I was very tempted by the SonaDAC, but I couldn't find any information on it anywhere. Their marketing definitely needs a 2.0 reboot; hopefully having the original guy back on board will do that. But how hard would it be to send a few out to have them reviewed and measured? It has what I was looking for (DAC/pre, various digital inputs, remote volume control, XLR balanced and RCA outputs), but for $1300, I wanted some assurance that it would sound as good or better that the similarly-priced competition. At one point I thought I read it was made in the US or North America, but I can't even find that out. So I bought the Teac NT-503, which has the same features but many others including network capability and flexibility with the filters, etc. Having said that, if the very same thing had said "Peachtree" on it instead of "Teac", I probably would have paid $1300 for it. I really like these guys and want to see them succeed.

Any chance Peachtree has plans to make an integrated amp in the 400-800 range? Think PS Sprout, with digital inputs and an on-board DAC. Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Early 2011) --> Monoprice UBS Cable ----> MUSICAL FIDELITY - V-LINK 192 USB TO COAX CONVERTER --> PS Audio Digital Link III DAC --> Onkyo SR608 Receiver --> KEF 3500SE Speakers.

Does anyone have experience with the SonaDAC and/or amp? I was very tempted by the SonaDAC, but I couldn't find any information on it anywhere. Their marketing definitely needs a 2.0 reboot; hopefully having the original guy back on board will do that. But how hard would it be to send a few out to have them reviewed and measured? It has what I was looking for (DAC/pre, various digital inputs, remote volume control, XLR balanced and RCA outputs), but for $1300, I wanted some assurance that it would sound as good or better that the similarly-priced competition. At one point I thought I read it was made in the US or North America, but I can't even find that out. So I bought the Teac NT-503, which has the same features but many others including network capability and flexibility with the filters, etc. Having said that, if the very same thing had said "Peachtree" on it instead of "Teac", I probably would have paid $1300 for it. I really like these guys and want to see them succeed.

Thanks for the comments. So glad to be back home at Peachtree. FYI. The sona is made in California.

We'll be sending a lot more out for review.

David Solomon welcome home. Immediately following your persuasive appeal for the merits of the grand integrated I bought the product and you left peachtree while I was just breaking it in. I followed your move to Tidal with curiosity the entire time, wondering if if I had made a mistake. But I love the grand and it's cool tubes. I think you are a compelling spokesperson for a great line of gear and I wish you the best.

While hunting for information on the sonaDAC a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across an advertisement for a pair of used D5 speakers in the coveted rosewood finish, so I snapped them up. I just now put them in the bedroom and moved the Peachtree Nova in to power them, and connected my trusty old ATV2 via optical (port 1 sounds as good as port 2, so I have it on that). The sound quality is outstanding, as is the build quality. (The speakers are in immaculate condition.) Previously, I had a 1st generation Zeppelin in the bedroom. This blows it out of the air like a fireball of exploding hydrogen. The Nova is ideally suited for these speakers. (Using the ATV2 as a player rather than streaming via air-play seems to be much more robust, by the way.)

While hunting for information on the sonaDAC a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across an advertisement for a pair of used D5 speakers in the coveted rosewood finish, so I snapped them up. I just now put them in the bedroom and moved the Peachtree Nova in to power them, and connected my trusty old ATV2 via optical (port 1 sounds as good as port 2, so I have it on that). The sound quality is outstanding, as is the build quality. (The speakers are in immaculate condition.) Previously, I had a 1st generation Zeppelin in the bedroom. This blows it out of the air like a fireball of exploding hydrogen. The Nova is ideally suited for these speakers. (Using the ATV2 as a player rather than streaming via air-play seems to be much more robust, by the way.)

Strong words from The Professor :~)

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Peachtree Audio has been demonstrating its stuff for years with AppleTV. Much of the industry doesn't get it, but the Peachtree team does. The D5 speakers are killer. And, the rosewood is fabulous. Your new solution compared to the Zeppelin is so much better that even an objectivist professor would ... oh wait :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

David Solomon welcome home. Immediately following your persuasive appeal for the merits of the grand integrated I bought the product and you left peachtree while I was just breaking it in. I followed your move to Tidal with curiosity the entire time, wondering if if I had made a mistake. But I love the grand and it's cool tubes. I think you are a compelling spokesperson for a great line of gear and I wish you the best.

Ross,

Thank you for the inspiring comments.

So glad you like the Grand. We were really proud of that piece and learned so much doing it. Shortly, we'll have the nova300 which will be the replacement.

Tidal still remains my favorite source for everyday use. It's such a wonderful service and sounds great too. Add on Roon and it's almost all music lovers will ever need.

It also works well combining my high res recordings from my HD.