IGNORED

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
16 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

based on Junior Parker's "Feelin' Good",  Hully Gully Now" by  Big Bo & The Arrows, 1962. A little zydeco flavor. Sorry about SQ.

...which inspired  Woolly Bully", "Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs:

Which inspired me to post,

Heard this live, simple concert setup in the nearby park.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I just mentioned the band Yes elsewhere, I felt I might just repost this track which my audio enthusiast local pulls out when we want to verify a good progress session,

The layering of acoustics and sound will 'break' most systems - there's a full blown church pipe organ going for it in the background, which emerges as a completely separate sound entity, with full integrity in its own right - when SQ potential is fully realised. Remarkable creativity, a somewhat overwhelming soundscape extravaganza.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, The_K-Man said:

After the thirty-odd second guitar info, it just collapses into a bowl of mush.  The drums sound recessed, like they're in the  next room, with next to no visceral punch.  The mix sounds busy!

One of the reasons I use this album for checking out systems, 😁 - what I'm after is for the sound to NOT collapse into a bowl of mush !! Yes, the mix and mastering are extremely testing - huge echo, with instruments piled on top of each other - the gang's all here, type of thing.

Get the rig in good enough shape - and it all works ... this is why I have a stack of such recordings on hand; they do separate the men from the boys ... 😉

10 minutes ago, The_K-Man said:

It sounds like a two-dollar suitcase on any size or power setup I listened to it on.

And it's not the system folks, or the format - it's the production.

Yes, the production will make it hard for the brain to work out what's going on if the clarity in the replay is not there ... just imagine you had the musicians doing this number, in a big space, around you - for real, no PA ... would it sound like a two-dollar suitcase, then? 😉 Yes, the sound would be pretty overpowering, you wouldn't call it a 'pristine' acoustic - but it wouldn't collapse into a "mash" ... that's the point.

If you get the replay of this right, it conveys a sense of 'massiveness', intensity, which bowls one over - quite brilliant as a listening experience.

• 3 weeks later...