IGNORED

Acopian linear power supplies - opinions?

tboooe

Just curious what people thought of Acopian linear power supplies? From their specs, ripple and regulation is about the same as the HDPlex LPS. I was thinking about some of these to power my network devices like my wireless bridge, wireless router, and NAS, though from the standpoint of cost, the HDPlex is more economical if you need multiple DC outputs.

Here is the link the Acopian specs:

Linear Regulated Power Supply: Gold Box | Acopian Power Supplies

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Well I went ahead and got the Gold version of their 12V, 4A linear power supply. It has really good ripple and regulation specs of 0.25mV RMS and 0.005% respectively. We will see how it works.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Well I went ahead and got the Gold version of their 12V, 4A linear power supply. It has really good ripple and regulation specs of 0.25mV RMS and 0.005% respectively. We will see how it works.

Good company, but don't you think it's a bit a fire hazard and electrical shock hazard? My understanding is that these are meant to go into a proper enclosure.

Jesus R

Good company, but don't you think it's a bit a fire hazard and electrical shock hazard? My understanding is that these are meant to go into a proper enclosure.

Jesus R

Curious why you think it would be a fire hazard?

As for shock, I am the only person who goes into my music room and when I am not in there everything is powered down.

Other components:

Just curious what people thought of Acopian linear power supplies? From their specs, ripple and regulation is about the same as the HDPlex LPS. I was thinking about some of these to power my network devices like my wireless bridge, wireless router, and NAS, though from the standpoint of cost, the HDPlex is more economical if you need multiple DC outputs.

Here is the link the Acopian specs:

Linear Regulated Power Supply: Gold Box | Acopian Power Supplies

I think they are fine and have used and still use them. I believe Ted has also used one of the 5V supplies. Just insulate the uncovered terminals and make a switch for the supply.

Regards

Bob

I think they are fine and have used and still use them. I believe Ted has also used one of the 5V supplies. Just insulate the uncovered terminals and make a switch for the supply.

Regards

Bob

Yup, I intend to use those terminal boots to cover everything. My switch for the supply is essentially the PS Audio P3 AC Regenerator. Whats cool about the P3 is that I can program it to power up or down its for different outlets in sequence. This is especially useful when I power up the system so I dont blow a fuse.

Other components:

• 3 years later...