IGNORED

minimserver file scan

Yes, change the date on all tracks, save all tracks ( they show with a red bullet when changed, green when saved ). After doing that then you can change back the dates and save second time.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Here's another one you can solve for me: Some of my iTunes artwork is still not appearing on my control apps. When I open iTunes in Yate, I don't even see the albums that are missing artwork, but they appear and open in iTunes.

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

So are all your albums in iTunes stored in a folder on your Mac called:

Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music

If yes, then in Yate you need to choose the following navigating by clicking the little blue folder in the upper left quadrant ( there is a "< > " set of navigational arrows to the left of the little blue folder. )

Select Music folder

Select iTunes folder

Select iTunes Media folder

Select Music Folder

Now all your albums in the iTunes collection should show in the left panel in Yate.

Or are you saying you see all the albums in your iTunes collection in Yate EXCEPT for the albums missing artwork?

If that is the case, try this, go to Finder, make sure you have quit Yate, go locate one of these problematic albums, and drag the folder with the album ( meaning the music files are inside that folder ), on top of the YATE icon, it will launch YATE and provide the meta data for that album.

aaaawah.jpg

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

So are all your albums in iTunes stored in a folder on your Mac called:

Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music

If yes, then in Yate you need to choose the following navigating by clicking the little blue folder in the upper left quadrant ( there is a "< > " set of navigational arrows to the left of the little blue folder. )

Select Music folder

Select iTunes folder

Select iTunes Media folder

Select Music Folder

Now all your albums in the iTunes collection should show in the left panel in Yate.

Or are you saying you see all the albums in your iTunes collection in Yate EXCEPT for the albums missing artwork?

If that is the case, try this, go to Finder, make sure you have quit Yate, go locate one of these problematic albums, and drag the folder with the album ( meaning the music files are inside that folder ), on top of the YATE icon, it will launch YATE and provide the meta data for that album.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23415[/ATTACH]

Actually, I wasn't going deep enough. The albums that are not showing the artwork in my control apps are located here: Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music. So, why doesn't the artwork show up in my app?

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Well if you purchased through iTunes it is possible the artwork is stored in the iTunes database and not embedded in the files themselves. That would explain why you see the meta data but not the artwork in Yate. The good news is Yate has several methods to add missing artwork and this will save your problem.

Otherwise not sure why the artwork is missing but it is a simple fix in Yate depending of course on how many albums you have missing artwork...

Well if you purchased through iTunes it is possible the artwork is stored in the iTunes database and not embedded in the files themselves. That would explain why you see the meta data but not the artwork in Yate. The good news is Yate has several methods to add missing artwork and this will save your problem.

Otherwise not sure why the artwork is missing but it is a simple fix in Yate depending of course on how many albums you have missing artwork...

I have only a handful of albums missing artwork. All albums I have in iTunes are either CD rips or HD Track downloads. The few missing artwork in my control apps do show artwork in Yate.

So many oddities with this. When I open iTunes, all my artwork shows up. When I use control apps, the same few albums in each don't show any artwark. The control apps are: PlugPlayer, Lumin, Linn Kinsky, Audionet, Arcam MusicLife, 8 Player, ArcMC. The artwork for all the albums with missing artwork elsewhere shows up in Creation 5 for whatever reason.

In one of the albums that had missing artwork, I used Yate to add artwork and now the album shows up 3 times in all the apps.

How odd is this?

Truly odd. Don't have a recommendation on how to resolve that one.

Some of the mystery is solved. In playing around with files, and trying to come up with the best folder/file structure I have moved some files and then deleted some. Each time I delete files on my NAS, it deposits them in a @recycle folder in the same directory. Of course, when I rescan in minimserver, it scans this folder which is causing the duplicate albums.

As for the albums that weren't showing artwork, I have been using Yate to add artwork. Nice piece of software.

Now, I think I am on track. Thanks for your help.

I have an issue with downloaded flac files (that only have a source file and .cue) that I've converted with cue tools. After converting, if I delete the source file and just keep the tracks that cue tools made, then minimserver won't play those tracks.

It will, however, play them if the original source file remains in the folder.

Completely stumped on this one and couldn't get any response from the minimserver forum :)

MinimServer does not play anything, so:

are you actually talking about your streamer not able to able to play the CUETools produced files streamed from MinimServer,

or do you actually mean MinimServer is not able to scan them into its music library so not available to the UPnP controller app for your streamer to stream & play in the first place?

If it's the streamer not being able to play the files, what make & model is it, what UPnP/DLNA controller app are you using with it and have you set MinimServer to transcode the files via MinimStreamer?

If it's a problem with MinimServer scanning the files into its library, are you getting any errors logged?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

MinimServer does not play anything, so:

Thanks. Whether I use foobar, kazoo or Jplay mini to play the files, its the same as described prevously.

Looking at the Minim log, there are quite a few errors reported (mainly involving m3u) but not the files I was referring to (which don't seem to be mentioned in the log)

Just about everything (about 2TB of 16/44 pcm) plays fine other than these cue tooled titles where I deleted the source files from their folders.

You didn't actually directly answer my questions, so you are going to have to bear with me as I attempt to interpret things from your actual reply!

You mention using JPLAY music player software, so presumably you are using its built-in OpenHome supporting streamer, JPLAYStreamer, to stream the files from MinimServer and play them on the computer its running on, all being controlled by the Kazoo OpenHome controller app you also mention.

I'm guessing then, that the CUETools produced files are actually being properly scanned by MinimServer and entered into its media library, especially as you say, with no mention of errors in the log. Also all their tracks selectable from MinimServer's media library, appearing as they normally would to the Kazoo controller app, ready to get them to be streamed & played by JPLAYStreamer. So your problem then, is not acessing the files from MinimServer, but seemingly getting JPLAYStreamer to play them.

You also mention 'using' the Foobar2000 music player application and it being the 'same as described previously'. Does that mean you also can't even get Foobar to play those CUETools produced files? Are there any error messages being displayed on Foobar, especially in its Console view?

I do know that JPLAYStreamer can't actually stream & play FLAC files, so it needs something to convert them to WAV which it can stream. How have you done this? So:

Did you either get CUETools to produce the WAV track files directly from the original downloaded FLAC?

Or, did you get CUETools to produce FLAC track files from the original FLAC and rely on MinimServer to transcode them to WAV, via its MinimStreamer transcoder, so with its stream.transcode property set to 'flac:wav'?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

You didn't actually directly answer my questions, so you are going to have to bear with me as I attempt to interpret things from your actual reply!

You mention using JPLAY music player software, so presumably you are using its built-in OpenHome supporting streamer, JPLAYStreamer, to stream and play the files on the computer its running on from MinimServer and being controlled by the Kazoo OpenHome controller you also mention.

correct, my usual combination is miniserver, jplaystreamer/ kazoo

I'm guessing then, that the CUETools produced files are actually being properly scanned by MinimServer and entered into its media library, especially as you say, with no mention of errors in the log. Also all their tracks selectable from MinimServer's media library, appearing as they normally would to the Kazoo controller app, ready to get them to be streamed & played by JPLAYStreamer. So your problem then, is not acessing the files from MinimServer, but seemingly getting JPLAYStreamer to play them.

Indeed, and you could be on to something here :)

You also mention 'using' the Foobar2000 music player application and it being the 'same as decribed previously'. Does that mean you also can't even get Foobar to play those CUETools produced files? Are there any error messages being displayed on Foobar, especially in its Console view?

Regular foobar (with any driver) plays those cue tooled files correctly. However, with foobar UPnP/DLNA Renderer component installed (and any driver selected, eg DS primary driver or Asio: jplay driver) and minimserver as UPnP server, then it doesn't play them

I do know that JPLAYStreamer can't actually play stream & play FLAC files, so it needs something to convert them to WAV which it can stream. How have you done this?

by entering flac:wav24, mp3:wav24, alac:wav24, aac:wav24 in 'stream transcode'. Works fine (other than the ones in question)

Did you either get CUETools to produce the WAV track files directly from the original downloaded FLAC?

Or, did you get CUETools to produce FLAC track files from the original FLAC and rely on MinimServer to transcode them to WAV, via its MinimStreamer transcoder, so with its stream.transcode property set to 'flac:wav'?

yup, the latter.

Thanks again..

this is the error message I get:

Unable to open item for playback (Not Found (404)):

"http://192.168.0.4:9790/minimserver/*/Droot/Spirit*20-*20Clear*20(Original*20Album*20Classics)/New*20folder/01.*20Dark*20Eyed*20Woman.flac/$!transcode-24,88.wav"

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb184/DavidS_025/foo_zpsm6auwwfj.png

and screenshots of typical folder that have been 'cue-tooled' with source file deleted

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb184/DavidS_025/clear%202_zpsgubsftbt.png

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb184/DavidS_025/clear%201_zpsskmfbgky.png

sorry to veer off topic a bit, folks :)

I had a bit of time earlier today to look into this issue, sorry for the delay.

Regular foobar (with any driver) plays those cue tooled files correctly. However, with foobar UPnP/DLNA Renderer component installed (and any driver selected, eg DS primary driver or Asio: jplay driver) and minimserver as UPnP server, then it doesn't play them
Ok, so you used Foobar as a UPnP renderer, via the foo_upnp plugin. Since you are getting the same problem with the Foobar UPnP renderer not playing the same files from MinimServer as with JPlaystreamer, I'd say this makes it very likely to be a problem with its transcoder, MinimStreamer.

this is the error message I get:

Unable to open item for playback (Not Found (404)):

"http://192.168.0.4:9790/minimserver/*/Droot/Spirit*20-*20Clear*20(Original*20Album*20Classics)/New*20folder/01.*20Dark*20Eyed*20Woman.flac/$!transcode-24,88.wav"

Ah, there is a clue here.

It shows a mismatch between your current transcoder setting for flac to wav, as in:

flac:wav24, mp3:wav24, alac:wav24, aac:wav24 in 'stream transcode'. Works fine (other than the ones in question)
Notice you have flac:wav24 set, ie transcode all flac files to 24 bit wav, which should not have produced the ../$!transcode-24,88.wav transcoded file indicated in the error message, and should have produced a ../$?!transcode-24.wav transcoded file instead.

A setting of flac:wav24;88, ie transcode all flac files to 24 bit and reasampled to 88.1kHz wav, is what's being indicated in the error message.

The mismatch can be explained if you are using a saved playlist containing the unplayable files, with the Kazoo controller app, if at the time you originally created and saved that playlist, the setting was flac:wav24;88 but has since changed to flac:wav24. If this is the case then you should be able to play those files, using the current settings, creating a new playlist containing the same files freshly selected from Minimserver's music library.

Also, have you by any chance set the stream.converter property (to an external converter application, ie either ffmpeg or avconv) or is it blank?

-- Jo Cox