IGNORED

minimserver file scan

I have my minimsever set to scan my QNAP's HS-251+ /public/Multimedia folder for music files. If I create a Music folder within the Multimedia folder and then add my various music folders containing my music such as iTunes folder, DSD folder, AIFF folder, etc to the music folder, will minimserver find my music, or do I have to put all my music files in the Multimedia folder itself?

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Yes, it will find music files in folders underneath the root folder ( path ) you have specified for Minimserver.

For example, I have Minimserver configured to look into a folder called /Music.

All my music files are in folders under that folder with names such as "CD", High Resolution", "DSD", "Flac", etc...

within each of those folders is a folder with artist name and then any albums they have under that folder.

So what you describe should work fine.

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Bluemark81

Have you created this thread because you are still having issues with MinimServer picking up the music files in your iTunes folder as described in your other thread in this section?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Yes, it will find music files in folders underneath the root folder ( path ) you have specified for Minimserver.

For example, I have Minimserver configured to look into a folder called /Music.

All my music files are in folders under that folder with names such as "CD", High Resolution", "DSD", "Flac", etc...

within each of those folders is a folder with artist name and then any albums they have under that folder.

So what you describe should work fine.

Barr

Thanks. iThe others works, but I when I copied my iTunes folder into shared/Multimedia/Music folder, my album art doesn't appear and the songs won't play. If I put it directly into the Multimedia folder, it works fine.

Also, where are QNAP's music station files stored?

Thanks

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Bluemark81

Have you created this thread because you are still having issues with MinimServer picking up the music files in your iTunes folder as described in your other thread in this section?

yes

I have not tried this with iTunes so I cannot hep you there. Depending on how you have managed your iTunes media and where you got the music for iTunes the folder art may be stored in iTunes meta data base which would explain why you cannot see album art for iTunes.

As for the question related to QNAP, I don't know, I run a Synology NAS with Minimserver.

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I have not tried this with iTunes so I cannot hep you there. Depending on how you have managed your iTunes media and where you got the music for iTunes the folder art may be stored in iTunes meta data base which would explain why you cannot see album art for iTunes.

As for the question related to QNAP, I don't know, I run a Synology NAS with Minimserver.

Barr

ok, thanks. My iTunes are all CD rips and hi resolution downloads. Seems odd that it all works fine when in the Multimedia folder diplaying the artwork, but the minute I put it in the Multimedia/Music folder, songs appear, but they don't play and album art disappears.

MinimServer is supposed to varify music files when scanning to make sure as far as it can that they are not corrupt, before allowing them into its music library and therefore to be presented to a UPnP controller app for the user to see them.

Are you certain that the iTunes files being saved on the /public/Multimedia/Music/iTunes folder are exactly the same as the ones being saved in the /public/Multimedia folder? For example, if they are for some yet unknown reason being converted to another music file type and/or resolution that is not supported by your UPnP streamer (so can't play them), but MinimServer still varifies as legitmate so allowing them to be seen by the controller app? That may also explain why the album art disappears if the converted files don't contain the art image data of the originals.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

And are you using your QNAP Music Station as an iTunes Server?

Actually good point Cebolla - @bluemark 81 - can you run Minimwatch to view the Minimserver log files and see if you are getting any errors?

Barr

MinimServer is supposed to varify music files when scanning to make sure as far as it can that they are not corrupt, before allowing them into its music library and therefore to be presented to a UPnP controller app for the user to see them.

Are you certain that the iTunes files being saved on the /public/Multimedia/Music/iTunes folder are exactly the same as the ones being saved in the /public/Multimedia folder? For example, if they are for some yet unknown reason being converted to another music file type and/or resolution that is not supported by your UPnP streamer (so can't play them), but MinimServer still varifies as legitmate so allowing them to be seen by the controller app? That may also explain why the album art disappears if the converted files don't contain the art image data of the originals.

They are identical. One was copied from the other.

And are you using your QNAP Music Station as an iTunes Server?

Actually good point Cebolla - @bluemark 81 - can you run Minimwatch to view the Minimserver log files and see if you are getting any errors?

Barr

When I started setting things up, I started adding music to Music Station and enabled the iTunes server. I since discovered that since I wanted to use minimserver, I should have been copying them to the Multimedia folder. I just want to get everything organized properly in the early stages.

Several errors are logged, but I have no idea what they mean.

Why don't you run a test. Copy one album from the known "good" location into the root folder you have specified for Minimserver.

Re start Minimserver and view the Minimserver log files via Minimwatch to see if you get an error messages related to that album?

Also since you have a Mac. Download YATE. It has a 14 day trial. Launch it and view that album on your file server and see how the Meta data looks in YATE - can you see the album art?

Barr

When I started setting things up, I started adding music to Music Station and enabled the iTunes server. I since discovered that since I wanted to use minimserver, I should have been copying them to the Multimedia folder. I just want to get everything organized properly in the early stages.

Several errors are logged, but I have no idea what they mean.

Can you paste in some of the error messages you are getting? That might help trouble shoot the issue.

Can you paste in some of the error messages you are getting? That might help trouble shoot the issue.

All I had to do is rescan. All is fine now.

Excellent, thus a happy ending?
Yes, only seems to be one mystery remaining. One of my albums is Pink Floyd's, The Endless River. It does not appear in any of my control apps. It is located with the rest of my music. I've tried reloading it, but it just doesn't appear. It's the only one of 200+ albums that doesn't show up.

And no error message in Minimserver logs regarding that album?

Maybe try opening in Yate and validate the meta data?

There does appear to be an error. How do I find out what it means?

Can you post the error here, might be able to help?

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 58978456 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/09-Side 3, Pt. 2: On Noodle Street.aif (length 58978456)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 126101656 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/15-Side 4, Pt. 1: Calling.aif (length 126101656)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 54877336 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/13-Side 3, Pt. 6: Allons-y (2).aif (length 54877336)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 219805336 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/02-Side 1, Pt. 2: It's What We Do.aif (length 219805336)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 59823256 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/08-Side 3, Pt. 1: The Lost Art of Conversation.aif (length 59823256)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 54946456 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/12-Side 3, Pt. 5: Autumn '6.aif (length 54946456)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 85320856 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/19-TBS9.aif (length 85320856)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 96226456 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/17-Side 4, Pt. 3: Surfacing.aif (length 96226456)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 226225816 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/18-Side 4, Pt. 4: Louder Than Words.aif (length 226225816)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 59024536 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/10-Side 3, Pt. 3: Night Light.aif (length 59024536)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 190605976 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/21-Nervana.aif (length 190605976)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 152513176 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/01-Side 1, Pt. 1: Things Left Unsaid.aif (length 152513176)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 63578776 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/03-Side 1, Pt. 3: Ebb And Flow.aif (length 63578776)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 38449816 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/06-Side 2, Pt. 3: Unsung.aif (length 38449816)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 144710296 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/20-TBS14.aif (length 144710296)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 64531096 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/16-Side 4, Pt. 2: Eyes To Pearls.aif (length 64531096)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 166851736 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/04-Side 2, Pt. 1: Sum.aif (length 166851736)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 118536856 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/14-Side 3, Pt. 7: Talkin' Hawkin'.aif (length 118536856)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 112669336 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/07-Side 2, Pt. 4: Anisina.aif (length 112669336)

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 90973336 in file Music/AIFF/Pink Floyd/The Endless River (Deluxe)/05-Side 2, Pt. 2: Skins.aif (length 90973336)

That may be a very easy fix - not sure if you used JRIVER or something else to rip your CD ( is it from a CD? )

Regardless try this, first download the trial version of Yate.

Open the Pink Floyd album with YATE.

For EVERY Track - change the release date by a year and save all the files (tracks) for the album.

That should correct the error.

You can then change back the release date for the tracks if you desire and save again after verifying this fixes the issue.

Barr

That may be a very easy fix - not sure if you used JRIVER or something else to rip your CD ( is it from a CD? )

Regardless try this, first download the trial version of Yate.

Open the Pink Floyd album with YATE.

For EVERY Track - change the release date by a year and save all the files (tracks) for the album.

That should correct the error.

You can then change back the release date for the tracks if you desire and save again after verifying this fixes the issue.

Barr

I will give it a try. It was a HD Tracks download. I will let you know how it goes

I will give it a try. It was a HD Tracks download. I will let you know how it goes

When I open it in Yate, it doesn't appear to have tag info associated with it nor does it allow me to add info.

Are you dragging the album into the Big middle pane?

Open album - album appears on left - drag album into the middle pane - All meta data appears and is editable.

here.jpg

Are you dragging the album into the Big middle pane?

Open album - album appears on left - drag album into the middle pane - All meta data appears and is editable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23414[/ATTACH]

Genius! That worked! Now you say I can go back in and change the date back to the true date again and save and it should still work?