IGNORED

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - discontinued

If one is using the Sonic Orbiter se that presumably eliminates noise from pc. Does that mean shutting off services and doing other optimizing tricks (like Fidelizer) on the pc no longer is required?

Fidelizer, particularly the newest 7.0 version, was built for many different applications. I'm using it on a computer dedicated to using HQplayer to upsample files to DSD256 to be fed to a Sonicorbiter SE connected via USB to a Mytek Brooklin. Thus, I'm using Fidelizer in streamer mode. If all you are doing is feeding redbook from your computer to the orbiter I doubt having fidelizer on the machine would make much difference, but if what you are doing is really demanding...like upsampling DSD64 or DSD128 to DSD256 then minimizing other non-audio demands on the machine is a good idea.

But ultimately the test needs to be your ears with your system.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

Fidelizer, particularly the newest 7.0 version, was built for many different applications. I'm using it on a computer dedicated to using HQplayer to upsample files to DSD256 to be fed to a Sonicorbiter SE connected via USB to a Mytek Brooklin. Thus, I'm using Fidelizer in streamer mode. If all you are doing is feeding redbook from your computer to the orbiter I doubt having fidelizer on the machine would make much difference, but if what you are doing is really demanding...like upsampling DSD64 or DSD128 to DSD256 then minimizing other non-audio demands on the machine is a good idea.

But ultimately the test needs to be your ears with your system.

Robert

Robert, what are your computer specs for using hqplayer to upsample to DSD256 please?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

You can order it right now. However, it will not ship right away because the hardware order has not come in yet.

Hi Jesus,

I am keen to order but was given a PayPal message just now stating "Your item(s) sold out".

When will I be able to order and what do you think the likely wait time will be?

Any help greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Mark

Hi Jesus,

I am keen to order but was given a PayPal message just now stating "Your item(s) sold out".

When will I be able to order and what do you think the likely wait time will be?

Any help greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Mark

Please disregard - was looking to get the iFi iPower which was sold out.

Have purchased the iPower and SOSE separately.

Cheers,

Mark

Some updates:

1. The Roon team updated RoonReady to provide better support for the Teac 501 DAC. This update is now available on the Sonicorbiter.

2. Sonicorbiter now have the ability to add a custom USB hardware address for certain devices that need to be initialed in ALSA with a none standard hardware address. FYI Most devices will not need this feature. However, one such device that needs this feature is a Schitt Gungnir DAC that is based on a C-Media USB receiver chip. The Schitt Gungnir DAC works best when setup to hardware address hw:1,1.

• 2 weeks later...

The "units will ship in about 2 weeks" message seems to have disappeared from the SOSE web page. Can we get an update about shipments?

Needless to say, I'd really like to take delivery sometime soon.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I uninstalled Squeezebox Server from the software manager on the Sonicorbiter. I went to reload it and it wont open I get error messages. I have unplugged the orbiter and reloaded with no luck. All other software loads and reloads. What should I do ?

Nick

Update the unit and wait for the "Back to Main Page" link to appear in the GUI. Then retry the installation.

Your unit shipped yesterday.

Yay! Thanks!

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Jesus,

I recently received my SonicOrbiter SE. And it works and sounds amazing! I’m powering it with an ifi micro iUSB3.0, and have the SonicOrbiter SE USB 1 port plugged into the ifi USB input and a Gemini cable connecting the ifi USB output to the DAC USB port on an Oppo BRP-105D. I use jRiver and jRemote to play music in DNLA mode. I have a small issue. I don’t leave my Oppo on all the time and after turning it back on, I have to reboot the SonicOrbiter SE, because it don’t see the DAC until after I reboot. Besides leaving the Oppo on all the time, is there a way around it?

NUC >  M5 > May KTE > Bliss KTE > Headphone of the day

Jesus,

I recently received my SonicOrbiter SE. And it works and sounds amazing! I’m powering it with an ifi micro iUSB3.0, and have the SonicOrbiter SE USB 1 port plugged into the ifi USB input and a Gemini cable connecting the ifi USB output to the DAC USB port on an Oppo BRP-105D. I use jRiver and jRemote to play music in DNLA mode. I have a small issue. I don’t leave my Oppo on all the time and after turning it back on, I have to reboot the SonicOrbiter SE, because it don’t see the DAC until after I reboot. Besides leaving the Oppo on all the time, is there a way around it?

WynnHiFi,

I personally would never power off a DAC. The clocks will take hours (some say up to 48) to reach thermal equilibrium. So unless that Oppo was modded by some one like Dan Wright (i.e tubes, turning off to save tube life) I see no reason whatsoever to power off the Oppo. I know that doesn't answer your later question, but it solves many audio issues IMO.

WynnHiFi,

I personally would never power off a DAC. The clocks will take hours (some say up to 48) to reach thermal equilibrium. So unless that Oppo was modded by some one like Dan Wright (i.e tubes, turning off to save tube life) I see no reason whatsoever to power off the Oppo. I know that doesn't answer your later question, but it solves many audio issues IMO.

Thanks ted_b. I leave the amps on all the time so I guess leaving the Oppo on isn't an issue. I'll have to break my habit of turning off the video player after turning off the TV.

NUC >  M5 > May KTE > Bliss KTE > Headphone of the day