IGNORED

Mahler Symphony No 1 - DSD - Michael Tilson Thomas / San Francisco Symphony

$50?! I will pass.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

I would imagine that some of the money benefits the orchestra, but Ouch!

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

$50?! I will pass.

You can get the SACD version for $13.31 at Importcds.com, it's in stock. The SACD lists for $21.98, so I would say the DSD version is way overpriced.

I buy a lot of my SACDs at Importcds.com as they have some of the best discounts.

EDIT: I forgot to mention importcds.com is having a 10% off sale store wide. Code: TENOFF which makes the SACD version even less. Or about 1/4th the cost of the DSD download!

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Blue Coast/Downloads now have regular rebate codes on the site and in their emails so you can get the stuff for less.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I own this. Great recording but the price is really high.

-

Mac mini 2.3 Ghz i7 16gb Ram with Mojo Audio Joule III PSU(2T SSD) -> Audioquest Diamond USB -> dCS Vivaldi DAC (Shunyata Alpha Digital) -> Transparent XL Gen5 XLR -> Classé CA-M600 -> Audioquest OAK single biwire -> B&W 802D3. Software: Mac OSX El Captain, Audirvana 2.2, Amarra Symphony IRC, Roon. Storage: Lacie 5big Network 2 5T. Power Conditioner: Shunyata Triton + Typhon.

I just wanted to add that my version is the SACD of the DSD recording of the original 1893 version, performed by Jan Willem de Vriend conducting the Netherlands Symphony Orchestra, which I purchased at Acoustic Sounds last year for $5 in their "Sale of the Century". It is now sold out at Acoustic Sounds but is still available at other sites.

At Import CDs as a SACD for $11.07

At Amazon as a SACD for $15.10

At Native DSD in Stereo 64fs for $23.35, Multichannel 64fs for $24.28 at today's exchange rates.

In 1893 Mahler called it a Symphonic Poem not a Symphony, and it has the Blumine movement in its correct place as the second movement.

Here is the original program and the playing order of the SACD:

Symphonic Poem in Two Parts "Titan"

Part I "From the Days of Youth"

I. Spring Goes on and on

II. Blumine

III. Full Sail

Part II "Human Comedy"

IV. Funeral March in Callot's Manner

V. Finale: From Inferno to Paradise

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa