IGNORED

Dirac and El Capitan (OS X 10.11)

I am running El Capitan with the AU plugin for audirvana and it works just fine. After my experience with Yosemite I had some reservations about updating, but thankfully El Capitan seems to play nice with everything. Works fine with Amarra also FWIW.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all,

Dirac can be used as a plugin in Audirvana ? Someone would be so kind to explain how to set up Dirac as a plugin ?

David.

Mac Book Pro 8Go RAM- 256 Go SSD (El Capitan - Pure Music + Audirvana + Dirac room corection) - Berkeley alpha USB - Dacs : Ayon CD5 + Shiit Yggdrasil - Isomax PC2XR - Preamp : Supratek Cortese - Power amps: Cary CAD 211 AE + Esoteric A03 - Integrated amp : Pathos Ethos - Speakers : Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage

Thanks a lot :-) done !

Mac Book Pro 8Go RAM- 256 Go SSD (El Capitan - Pure Music + Audirvana + Dirac room corection) - Berkeley alpha USB - Dacs : Ayon CD5 + Shiit Yggdrasil - Isomax PC2XR - Preamp : Supratek Cortese - Power amps: Cary CAD 211 AE + Esoteric A03 - Integrated amp : Pathos Ethos - Speakers : Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, I can see the plugin in Audirvana+ but when I open the plugin window to select a filter the system ask for a username and password (so I put the ones I have for Dirac) then the system is connecting to the server and after 30s Audirvana crash, without any activation.

I've contacted Flavio for this point but as there is no support for this beta plugin, I went back to Dirac Audio Processor.

Thanks wgscott, I tried both folders and same crash when connecting to activate the plugin. Seems that the connection to the server can't be established, in the error message after the crash of Audirvana+ I can see there's an attempt to connect to a server but the handshake fail. I'll try again tomorrow.

After a few attempt to make the AU plugin work, at last i find a way to use it.

I was using the latest version of Audirvana+ 2.2.4, so I decided to go back to version 2 and the plugin was working perfectly without the window asking for username and password.

Then I checked for new updates in Audirvana 2 and installed the 2.2.4, and this time the plugin was working perfectly.

In Pure Music the Dirac AU plugin is not listed, I put it in the same folder as the other plugins (which are visible in PM), but it doesn't work.

After a few attempt to make the AU plugin work, at last i find a way to use it.

I was using the latest version of Audirvana+ 2.2.4, so I decided to go back to version 2 and the plugin was working perfectly without the window asking for username and password.

Then I checked for new updates in Audirvana 2 and installed the 2.2.4, and this time the plugin was working perfectly.

In Pure Music the Dirac AU plugin is not listed, I put it in the same folder as the other plugins (which are visible in PM), but it doesn't work.

Dirac is aware of the problem with PureMusic. I don't know why it isn't recognized but it isn't.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

What amazes me is that while the realtime filters do a great job sonically, for a very expensive piece of software you think they could at least update it to maintain compatibility with latest operating systems like Windows 10 and El Capitan. If these guys can engineer realtime signal processing, surely they can fix minor library/kernel adjustments with os updates, like everyone else. I believe that the last release of Dirac Audio Processor was a year ago. Just really poor imo.

• 4 weeks later...
What amazes me is that while the realtime filters do a great job sonically, for a very expensive piece of software you think they could at least update it to maintain compatibility with latest operating systems like Windows 10 and El Capitan. If these guys can engineer realtime signal processing, surely they can fix minor library/kernel adjustments with os updates, like everyone else. I believe that the last release of Dirac Audio Processor was a year ago. Just really poor imo.

Yes, free updates of Dirac Live's DAP and DLCT for both Win 10 and Mac El Capitan are going to be released soon... before Xmas in the best case scenario but my guess is first quarter 2016

Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)

• 1 month later...

I'm pleased to inform that the release candidate of Dirac Live 1.2 for Mac that fixes that issue is now available for testing from helpdesk.dirac.se

:) Flavio

Warning: My posts may be biased even if in good faith, I work for Dirac Research :-)