IGNORED

J River to HQPlayer

It is not about the disc tag, it is all about special characters like the accents for the name Frederik in the composer name. As soon as I deleted the composer name it played flawless.

I guess it's all good at this point :) just me that has to deal with some mass tagging!

Thank you a TON for the kindest and generous support. Will keep you posted if something else shows up.

Will see you at Axpona 2019 anyway! You can't miss it. Let me know if you want me to hook you up with a good dealer in town or you should get in touch with Wynn Audio (Wynn Wong).

r

8 hours ago, rikirk said:

It is not about the disc tag, it is all about special characters like the accents for the name Frederik in the composer name. As soon as I deleted the composer name it played flawless.

I guess it's all good at this point :) just me that has to deal with some mass tagging!

Thank you a TON for the kindest and generous support. Will keep you posted if something else shows up.

Will see you at Axpona 2019 anyway! You can't miss it. Let me know if you want me to hook you up with a good dealer in town or you should get in touch with Wynn Audio (Wynn Wong).

r

Hey Rick, you didn’t miss-tag. It’s quite normal for a single album to have a disc number 1. I have now tested my new version with that same album and it can handle Frédérick; etc. as well as disc 1 for single albums.

Will post that new version today.

Thanks for the offer to hook up at Axpona and the dealer introduction.

Cheers

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

OK, so here's the new promised version.

This version has improved handling of Multi-Disc boxed sets as well as better treatment of temp files when they are created.

The file selected for play in J River starts to play in HQPlayer as soon as it's temp file is loaded. Before you had to wait until all temp files were loaded from the album(s) concerned.

When temp files don't need to be loaded or are not desired, the problem Rick encountered is solved with this version. That occurred when  there was only one disc in the album; but the Disc number was set to anything other than '0' or blank. In those cases I was erroneously trying to treat it as a multi-disc album.

Rick; I tested with exactly the album you gave as an example. So please could you re-test this one with this new version. Set the Disc number of the album back to "1" before testing and you should find it working.

Anyone else using this should update to this version by replacing the main scrip with the one attached here.

Thanks

Geoff

jrexp.ps1.zip

Hi, situation is now:

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set datapath=Y:\Music\Qobuz\0794881798629\

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set filepath=Y:\Music\Qobuz\0794881798629\4808202.flac,1,1

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set extension=.flac,1,1

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set hqpath=C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set temps=M:

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set stoppause=No

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set hqpnewerversion=Yes

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>powershell -executionpolicy bypass C:\Users\HYSTOU\Downloads\jr-hqp-album\jrexp.ps1
Transcript started, output file is C:\Users\HYSTOU\Downloads\jr-hqp-album\log.text
error: Connection refused
Transcript stopped, output file is C:\Users\HYSTOU\Downloads\jr-hqp-album\log.text

with

"Replace([Filename], &, ^&),[Disc #],[Track #]"

What can I do now?

Thanks

2 hours ago, teodorom said:

Hi, situation is now:

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set datapath=Y:\Music\Qobuz\0794881798629\

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set filepath=Y:\Music\Qobuz\0794881798629\4808202.flac,1,1

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set extension=.flac,1,1

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set hqpath=C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set temps=M:

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set stoppause=No

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>set hqpnewerversion=Yes

C:\PROGRA~1\J River\Media Center 24>powershell -executionpolicy bypass C:\Users\HYSTOU\Downloads\jr-hqp-album\jrexp.ps1
Transcript started, output file is C:\Users\HYSTOU\Downloads\jr-hqp-album\log.text
Transcript stopped, output file is C:\Users\HYSTOU\Downloads\jr-hqp-album\log.text

with

"Replace([Filename], &, ^&),[Disc #],[Track #]"

What can I do now?

Thanks

Please check your path to HQPlayer in the “call-jr-ps”  file. “Connection Refused” indicates to me that this is incorrectly set.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Please check your path to HQPlayer in the “call-jr-ps”  file. “Connection Refused” indicates to me that this is incorrectly set.

I meet the same problem (see my previous messages). Well, I found a good solution. I changed HQPlayer for Album Payer…

15 minutes ago, lian00 said:

I meet the same problem (see my previous messages). Well, I found a good solution. I changed HQPlayer for Album Payer…

Let's be clear; this has nothing to do with the relative merits of HQPlayer versus any other player. I created this script for J River users who would like to play their music through HQPlayer.

If it doesn't work for you the chances are that either:

1/ You haven't read the supplied manual and applied the settings correctly.

2/ Your music files are not correctly tagged.

Remember this is a free of charge solution. I am happy to provide support, time permitting. I wrote the manual to accompany the software and if you follow it and have correctly tagged your files it should work for you.

Anybody using this should ensure they have the latest version.

Full package here, in case you need it.

Geoff

jr-hqp.zip

55 minutes ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Let's be clear; this has nothing to do with the relative merits of HQPlayer versus any other player. I created this script for J River users who would like to play their music through HQPlayer.

If it doesn't work for you the chances are that either:

1/ You haven't read the supplied manual and applied the settings correctly.

2/ Your music files are not correctly tagged.

Remember this is a free of charge solution. I am happy to provide support, time permitting. I wrote the manual to accompany the software and if you follow it and have correctly tagged your files it should work for you.

Anybody using this should ensure they have the latest version.

Full package here, in case you need it.

Geoff

jr-hqp.zip

My comment was not about your work – and I appreciate you share it. In fact, I read many times the manual, checked dozen times the settings. I was just saying I was tired with HQPlayer and was happy to have find a working alternative.

4 minutes ago, lian00 said:

My comment was not about your work – and I appreciate you share it. In fact, I read many times the manual, checked dozen times the settings. I was just saying I was tired with HQPlayer and was happy to have find a working alternative.

OK, I understand. I don't really see it as relevant to this thread though.

No, sorry about that.

The path

set hqpath=C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe

is correct.

E.g.:

C:\Users\teodo>"C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe"
C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe <host> <--get-info|--configuration-load <file>|--library-load <file>|--library-get|--library-picture <path>|--playlist-remove <index>|--playlist-move-up <index>|--playlist-move-down <index>|--playlist-get|--playlist-clear|--select-track <index>|--play|--pause|--stop|--previous|--next|--backward|--forward|--seek <position>|--volume-down|--volume-up|--mute|--volume <value>|--state|--status|--get-status|--set-mode <index>|--get-modes|--set-filter <index>|--get-filters|--set-shaping <index>|--get-shapers|--set-rate <index>|--get-rates|--volume-range|--set-invert <value>|--set-repeat <value>|--set-random <value>|--set-transport <value> [arg]|-q|uri>

I played a little bit with hqp-control.exe and it seems that the "error: Connection refused" comes from an incorrect setting of <host>.

Thanks

1 minute ago, teodorom said:

No, sorry about that.

The path

set hqpath=C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe

is correct.

E.g.:

C:\Users\teodo>"C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe"
C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\hqp-control.exe <host> <--get-info|--configuration-load <file>|--library-load <file>|--library-get|--library-picture <path>|--playlist-remove <index>|--playlist-move-up <index>|--playlist-move-down <index>|--playlist-get|--playlist-clear|--select-track <index>|--play|--pause|--stop|--previous|--next|--backward|--forward|--seek <position>|--volume-down|--volume-up|--mute|--volume <value>|--state|--status|--get-status|--set-mode <index>|--get-modes|--set-filter <index>|--get-filters|--set-shaping <index>|--get-shapers|--set-rate <index>|--get-rates|--volume-range|--set-invert <value>|--set-repeat <value>|--set-random <value>|--set-transport <value> [arg]|-q|uri>

I played a little bit with hqp-control.exe and it seems that the "error: Connection refused" comes from an incorrect setting of <host>.

Thanks

Host should always be "localhost" assuming you're running HQPlayer on the same machine as J River?

19 minutes ago, teodorom said:

No way!

I have added

set host=localhost

but I always get the same error.

"I played a little bit with hqp-control.exe and it seems that the "error: Connection refused" comes from an incorrect setting of <host>"

Have you managed to load files from the command line to HQPlayer using> hqp-control.exe localhost "<file>"?

…Where <file> is the full file url surrounded by the double quotes.

1 minute ago, teodorom said:

I understand.

The command

C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3>hqp-control.exe localhost "Y:\Music\Qobuz\0794881798629\4808205.flac"

was the first I tried having debugged your PowerShell script.

Who is Miska?

The author of HQPlayer. You could post the problem on the HQPlayer thread. He's always very good at responding.

3 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Shouldn't there be a forward slash after "Desktop 3" and not a forward arrow? 

I guess he's making this command from within the HQPlayer Desktop 3 directory, in which case the directory name would be followed by the right pointing arrow on the command line.