IGNORED

J River to HQPlayer

7 hours ago, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Alvane,

Has it worked for you with other albums or was this the first album you attempted to play using my app?

Geoffrey
This happens with all the albums that I try to play with your application.

Alvane,

I know this free app doesn't work for everyone. It depends on how your library is set up.

I've re-written it from the ground up and I'm confident the new app will handle just about all situations, as it's been thoroughly tested.

However, I'm sorry; but I'm not prepared to give away the new app for free.

The new app has a lot more features including support for video. I am working on putting the finishes touches on it at the moment.

If you are interested in the new app please let me know.

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

• 4 months later...

Hello, (with English not very friendly), it may be too late, but still.

I want to say thank you very much for the free script version that you made, Geoff.

I wanted to write about a problem that I identified using this script. The problem is that the playlist/track will not play with hqp if the path to SOME files has a flac folder name in any case or square brackets [ ] (maybe not all options). If this happens, it produces an error. I already got rid of it by renaming all the folders, but I had to download a third-party program to do it. (too many folders had to be renamed).

I wrote about it just to let you know and to let people know, besides I wonder why this problem happened :)

log.text

It’s never too late. So thanks for your thanks 😊.

Concerning the problem you pointed out; I am aware of it and I know exactly what causes it. I am not prepared to go back over any free scripts I uploaded here to fix these problems though.

That is because all my efforts are going into buidling “true” apps on Windows and MacOS.

The free J River script has been used as the basis for a .exe app I’m calling HQAV.

I’ve mentioned it here before. It fixes the problem you mentioned, so that all files/albums will play without the need to re-name any folders.

It also adds the following features:

1/ Support for video, whereby the audio track is split off and sent to HQPlayer, while a new, video only, track is created and played through J River at the same time.

The two can be brought into perfect sync, by means of a pop-up control. You can even send the audio to HQPlayer running on a different machine. This allows you to have one machine dedicated to audio and another optimised for video, if you wish.

The audio and video soundtracks are still brought into perfect sync.

I became hyper critical of a/v sync issues whilst developing this, and noticed that not all releases on disc have the two properly synced. Whilst playing a Blu-ray one evening, my wife said, “sorry Geoff; but it’s not syncing properly.  Then I told her, I was just playing it through our Oppo Blu-ray player.

3/ Incorporation of Tilt control correction, when temp files are created from locally stored files.

2/ Support for Qobuz and Tidal streams when sent to J River via UPnP.

I need to charge $45 for this app. I developped it during the COVID-19 lock-down, and I cannot continue this kind of development work without financing.

I have a lot of ideas for future app development, and two apps on MacOS are already near completion.

Geoff

• 3 months later...

Hi Geoffrey,

I just joined the forum so I could thank you and add my name to the long list of users who are grateful to you for the work you are doing

In my case, i have just brought the entire digital side of my system up to date by building a new PC, and updating the ADC (mytek Brooklyn) & DAC (Chord Qutest), and have been using that to revisit my SW choices, including JRiver, which I preferred over anything else from a GUI perspective, but a recent evaluation of HQPlayer with the higher upcoming rates that my new DAC can accept have shown that much better sound is available----but at the cost of losing the JRIver GUI - or so I thought.

You script works great - will have to do some housekeeping on my directory structure to get everything working as needed (all files are at the root of a drive - no sub-directories) but I have a little VBA code that can do that for me (unlike you, my limits stop at simple VBA) 

Please keep us informed of the progress of the paid version - I'm using Amazon music right now but would gladly switch to Tidal/Qobuz if the routing ended up going via HQPlayer

Again, big thanks for all the effort you put into writing and supporting this 

Simon 

8 hours ago, aguycalledsimon said:

Hi Geoffrey,

I just joined the forum so I could thank you and add my name to the long list of users who are grateful to you for the work you are doing

In my case, i have just brought the entire digital side of my system up to date by building a new PC, and updating the ADC (mytek Brooklyn) & DAC (Chord Qutest), and have been using that to revisit my SW choices, including JRiver, which I preferred over anything else from a GUI perspective, but a recent evaluation of HQPlayer with the higher upcoming rates that my new DAC can accept have shown that much better sound is available----but at the cost of losing the JRIver GUI - or so I thought.

You script works great - will have to do some housekeeping on my directory structure to get everything working as needed (all files are at the root of a drive - no sub-directories) but I have a little VBA code that can do that for me (unlike you, my limits stop at simple VBA) 

Please keep us informed of the progress of the paid version - I'm using Amazon music right now but would gladly switch to Tidal/Qobuz if the routing ended up going via HQPlayer

Again, big thanks for all the effort you put into writing and supporting this 

Simon 

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your positive feedback and I'm glad the original script is working out for you.

As you know this has evolved into what I'm calling "HQAV". If you would like to try HQAV just PM me.

Geoff

• 4 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 11:10 AM, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

Alvane,

I know this free app doesn't work for everyone. It depends on how your library is set up.

I've re-written it from the ground up and I'm confident the new app will handle just about all situations, as it's been thoroughly tested.

However, I'm sorry; but I'm not prepared to give away the new app for free.

The new app has a lot more features including support for video. I am working on putting the finishes touches on it at the moment.

If you are interested in the new app please let me know.

Geoff

Allow me to jump in from the cold. I'd be interested in an app version. Save me having to configure anything using a zip file

Hi,

Not quite sure what you mean. It still comes in the form of a zip file, and once uncompressed, you have a folder full of files, which need to be kept together as you receive them.

You the place the unzipped folder wherever you want and point to the main app, HQAV.exe from within J River, so. J River will use it as an external app for the files types you specify.

I hope that’s clear, unless I mis-understood you.

Geoff

On 10/22/2020 at 2:08 AM, Geoffrey Armstrong said:

It’s never too late. So thanks for your thanks 😊.

Concerning the problem you pointed out; I am aware of it and I know exactly what causes it. I am not prepared to go back over any free scripts I uploaded here to fix these problems though.

That is because all my efforts are going into buidling “true” apps on Windows and MacOS.

The free J River script has been used as the basis for a .exe app I’m calling HQAV.

I’ve mentioned it here before. It fixes the problem you mentioned, so that all files/albums will play without the need to re-name any folders.

It also adds the following features:

1/ Support for video, whereby the audio track is split off and sent to HQPlayer, while a new, video only, track is created and played through J River at the same time.

The two can be brought into perfect sync, by means of a pop-up control. You can even send the audio to HQPlayer running on a different machine. This allows you to have one machine dedicated to audio and another optimized for video, if you wish.

The audio and video soundtracks are still brought into perfect sync.

I became hyper critical of a/v sync issues whilst developing this, and noticed that not all releases on disc have the two properly synced. Whilst playing a Blu-ray one evening, my wife said, “sorry Geoff; but it’s not syncing properly.  Then I told her, I was just playing it through our Oppo Blu-ray player.

3/ Incorporation of Tilt control correction, when temp files are created from locally stored files.

2/ Support for Qobuz and Tidal streams when sent to J River via UPnP.

I need to charge $45 for this app. I developed it during the COVID-19 lock-down, and I cannot continue this kind of development work without financing.

I have a lot of ideas for future app development, and two apps on MacOS are already near completion.

Geoff

I was under the impression yo will have a paid app

10 hours ago, bilboda said:

I was under the impression yo will have a paid app

The situation with HQAV is that I haven’t had time to put licensing in place, since I’ve been concentrating on developing Mac apps, which will be paid apps.

So I’m asking for anybody whose interested enough to send me an email expressing their interest. I will then send them a download link to HQAV.

I am asking those who find it useful to also send me donations via PayPal to [email protected]

I’m keeping a list of those who’ve donated and when I revisit HQAV to make it a fully licensed app, I’ll deduct any donation I’ve received from each user from the cost of their license.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

For those of you using PCM source in JRiver wanting to route to HQPlayer I have a fairly elegant solution. It makes full use of any DSP etc. in JRiver and simply routes the final audio to HQPlayer for final upsampling.

You can find a tutorial and some useful batch files for controlling HQPlayer here:

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/the-hqplayer-thread.11376/#post-358014