IGNORED

iFi Launch - Houston. We have lift-off...iUSB3.0

Ok...lets get on with it! I have the new iUSB3.0 on pre order from MD....they told me 4-6 weeks. But I'm wanting some reviews of the new product. Surely some one some place has one! Please give some reviews and impressions. Does this thing do what the Regen do? Is it better? Is it worse? Some body who has it say something!

MR. AMR/IFI, have you heard this new product?

W10/i5/ Jriver/Fidelizer Optimizer ~ iFI iUSB 3.0 ~ iFi Micro iDSD DAC ~ Vincent SA-T1 tube preamp ~ Vincent SP - 331 MK tube power amp ~ Canton Vento 830.2 Speakers ~ Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper interconnects ~ Triode Wire Labs Speaker cables ~ Triode wire Labs Power Cords.

Ok...lets get on with it! I have the new iUSB3.0 on pre order from MD....they told me 4-6 weeks. But I'm wanting some reviews of the new product. Surely some one some place has one! Please give some reviews and impressions. Does this thing do what the Regen do? Is it better? Is it worse? Some body who has it say something!

MR. AMR/IFI, have you heard this new product?

I will white post my review and photos on Flickr when I have the opportunity to test one.

But the effect of iUsb2 will depend on the variables of many factors.

I will white post my review and photos on Flickr when I have the opportunity to test one.

But the effect of iUsb2 will depend on the variables of many factors.

and what are those factors?

W10/i5/ Jriver/Fidelizer Optimizer ~ iFI iUSB 3.0 ~ iFi Micro iDSD DAC ~ Vincent SA-T1 tube preamp ~ Vincent SP - 331 MK tube power amp ~ Canton Vento 830.2 Speakers ~ Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Copper interconnects ~ Triode Wire Labs Speaker cables ~ Triode wire Labs Power Cords.

and what are those factors?

Some of them are loudspeakers that are more or less revealing to show the noise generated by the computer, quality of the usb chain, cable, etc, noise generated by other devices on the mains plug. Even the cables that are connected to the loudspeakers could be more or less immune to the noise.

I am am not an expert, do not intend to be. But noise is not only on the computer.

Hope I had give some help.

Some of them are loudspeakers that are more or less revealing to show the noise generated by the computer, quality of the usb chain, cable, etc, noise generated by other devices on the mains plug. Even the cables that are connected to the loudspeakers could be more or less immune to the noise.

I am am not an expert, do not intend to be. But noise is not only on the computer.

Hope I had give some help.

Look at my signature and see gear list. I have Vincent hybrid amp/preamp and Canton Vento speakers....all of it designed in Germany. If you understand German voicing, you'd know what I mean. Also, I have ifi DSD DAC and the original iUSB, I use Wire world Ultra violet USB cable from computer to iUSB PSU 2.0.....I use Neutral Cable From Italy, it's a double headed USB cable from the iUSB PSU to the DAC. I use Analysis Plus Crystal Copper interconnects from amp to preamp $550....A $700 wireworld OCC Silver over OCC Copper RCA interconnect (Silver Eclipes) from iFI Micro to preamp...and Triode Wire Labs Cryod Copper speaker cables. It all sounds fabulous and no noise. I was going to purchase the REGEN Amber, but have decided to go with the new iFI iUSB3.0, so I'd expect this thing to be better than the REGEN considering cost as well as it doing more.

No offense taken...and I'm very happy with it....but if you where as smart as you think you are, you'd understand the level of system one has doesn't always have anything to do with.....It's not about entry level system, high end system or whatever. It's about quality and performance from said system. That's what matters. There are many entry systems that are just flat out great, and many high end systems that are garbage. I've been in this hobby from the 70's and have had my share of systems over the years, so I've been there done that. The smarter one is with picking and voicing a system, the easier he can get around picking garbage and over priced gear due to hype and big names. My total system cost is around $15,000 mark. I don't expect to hear noise at that price point. If you where as smart as you thought you are, you'd know that. When one is putting together a system, it's about synergy...and last I checked, one can get synergy and great sound from entry level gear. Don't be such a snob, you snob!

AMR/IFI, have you heard this new product?

Yes. But leave the users to give the feedback as we are biased!

Also, we haven't sent reviewer units out yet because we prefer to get our products out to customers first.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

applesnowleo ......Its 6:30 Am here in the mid western States of USA...I'm down in my dedicated music room, and you know what????? My entry level system is sounding might fine. Listening to some Muddy Waters through the iFI iUSB and the iFI DSD Micro in DSD 128 and its sounding wonderful! Cant wait till my new iFI iUSB3.0 gets here! I'm suprised at you tho...by your standards the IFI gear is entry level, so why are you even bothered with it?

Have a great day!

[h=1]The 1st Prize Winner is:[/h]

christopher3393

Brand new micro iUSB3.0 and Gemini Dual-Headed USB cable coming your way.

LL+ LL

Please pm us.

Same as before:

Name, address and contact tel!

And the length of 0.7m or 1.5m for the Gemini D-H usb cable please.

And a big congratulations!

Thank you all for entering as you may not think it but we have fun thinking up these competitions for you.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

The 1st Prize Winner is:

christopher3393

Yay Chris! :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

[h=1]The 1st Prize Winner is:[/h]

christopher3393

Brand new micro iUSB3.0 and Gemini Dual-Headed USB cable coming your way.

Wow! Pretty sweet prize.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I just saw this. My jaw is slack. Thankyou, AMR/iFi! This will be part of a fresh start toward a humble headphone rig. As I've been using the original iUSB since it launched, I'm confident that this combination will offer a nice improvement in sound quality with most any headamp/dac and phones that I can afford. Much appreciated.

Christopher

Well i must be of the first to obtain the object of desire here in this thread.

I received It yesterday and tried It out with my Idsd micro. Initial cnclusions is that the IUSB 3.0 is truly amazing since It unleashed the full potential of the I dsd micro improving this allready super value for money little dac in every possible audio quality aspect.

Before adding the i Usb 3.0 the ifi idsd micro though amazingly good for It's price always sounded a bit more opaque in comparison to my other dac a Mytek 192 dsd dac, lacking in midrange resolution and bass definition. Now the difference between them is simply gone and the sound of the Ifi idsd micro/iusb 3.0/gemini combo is on par with the Mytek!!

The only difference between them now after adding the i USB 3.0 is of taste and very little!! Now the ifi idsd micro sounds a touch more melodic and laid back while the Mytek a touch more punchy and resolving in comparison but I'm telling you that If I had to choose between them I would be In a very complex dillema!

And to conclude If someone is thinking of the question yes the iUSB 3.0 really works and the results are quite obvious.

A short youtube video link of the combo playing follows for the more curious. The ifi combo is sitting next to the turntable if you watch carefully. Please forgive any imperfections I am not a pro..

The sooner I can I'll post some pics as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwUaaf7BBDA

Thanks for the speedy images, video and initial review Totsipaki. Do you have the original iUSB? If so, how does it compare? I will soon have both, so maybe I can compare the two and post it here. On a related note. Do you have the itube? I am on the fence with that purchase... Congrats to 3rd prize winner from the 5th!