IGNORED

iFi Launch - Houston. We have lift-off...iUSB3.0

Charging a phone while playing... Very interesting.

Pretty important in the automotive scenario, where having a GPS app running is not at all unusual. At least with my iPhone 5S, GPS drains the battery like nobody's business. Not sure I'd want all that cabling in the car, though — I don't think I'd be able to take the requisite ridicule from the spousal unit. Probably good for singles, though. ;)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Range: Micro

Model: iUSB

Why? Clues 2 to 5 point to improvements that would take the current iUSB to a higher level. Furthermore Clue 6 depicts a model w/o any RCA’s nor volume control making the iUSB the best candidate.

Skin: I see similarities between your mascot and Skin, the vocalist of Skunk Anansie. Deborah no hard feelings :-)

I would guess ...... The new iUSB will allow the Android phones to be supplied with power from the car 12v power supply so that the battery won't be drained. Then the new iUSB will provide its own clean power to the DAC. The iUSB will be powered from the 12v power source too. This means that the iPower that will come with the new iUSB will be rated at 12v. If not (another option), the the new iUSB would have it's own rechargeable battery.

Clue #8. iFi doesn't do stock!

Deadline is tomorrow (15th September) best of luck everyone!

Can anyone guess the most salient features of this connection diagram?

Range: Micro

Model: iUSB 3.0

Skin: Skunkworks iFi Nerd

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Improving on my first post to consider Clue no. 8

Range: micro

Model: iUSB2 with USB 3.0

Reason: Since iFi Audio has discovered thru the iPower that the design for clean power can still be improved, it is but prudent to improve the iUSB and further improve the supply of US power into the nano and micro line, including the new iDAC 2. Support for USB 3.0 will implemented to enhance and speed up the data transmission and that the newer micro/nano product lines will be optimised. Also, iUSB can now handle 2 Dacs either running in parallel or alternately depending on the software capability.

The new iUSB will allow the Android phones to be supplied with power from the car 12v power supply so that the battery won't be drained. Then the new iUSB will provide its own clean power to the DAC. The iUSB will be powered from the 12v power source too. This means that the iPower that will come with the new iUSB will be rated at 12v. If not (another option), the the new iUSB would have it's own rechargeable battery.

Skin: The 'skin' mainly function as the protector of the human body from pathogens and from the external environment and prevents damage to the internal body parts and organs. In correlation to hifi audio, Skin will be the protector of pure hifi sound coming from the source until it reaches the speaker/headphones. Skin will ensure that the pure audio signal being produced by a source will be preserved and kept away from the contaminants.

Houston. We have lift-off...

micro iUSB3.0: ‘Next Gen’ Tech

The defining Audio + Power regenerator

[video=youtube;sCbfz--dXUE]

The original and the best just made the jump to iUSB3.0

Back in 2012, from the iFi range, the original iUSB established a whole new audio segment: computer audio improvement.

Fast-forward to 2015 and we are pleased to announce the all-new iUSB3.0 with the following world’s first features:

1. Audiophile USB3.0 Ultra-speed (5.0Gbps) active USB hub with 2 sets of ports

2. Ultra-silent 0.0000001V noise-floor and signal REgen®/Rebalance®/REclock®

3. Active Noise Cancellation+® military-grade circuit

Features

• Active Noise Cancellation+® military-grade circuit
  • USB3.0 Ultra-speed (5.0Gbps) active USB hub with 2 sets of ports
  • REclock® eliminates jitter, restores suppresses frame and packet noise
  • REbalance® re-corrects USB signal balance to cancel DC offset noise
  • REgenerate® the USB signal
  • PowerStation+® new, pure powerline with 3-stage sub-sonic noise filter plus further 3-stage 6th Order EMI/RFI noise filter
  • IsoPower® 2 sets of Dual-Output ports (eg: dedicated for DAC+HDD)
  • IsoGround® removes unwanted USB ground noise
  • RapidCharge® USB Bus Charge 1.2 compliant (2.5A total high-power)

We hope you had as much fun entering the competition as we did running it.

Cheers and thanks everyone!

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Do the iUSB2 submissions count? Because technically it is the second version of the iUSB!

Hi,

You will be glad to know yes it does count. As technically, it IS the next generation of the original iUSB.

But as originally outlined, no one person can win here and on Head-Fi. Dark google runs still but deep and we have the tech!

The exact nomenclature we would not expect one to exactly get bang on as only a few know we have been working on USB3.0 technology for audiophile systems.

We shall gather up and go through all the answers and announce the winners within the next few days.

Best of luck to everyone who entered :-)

Hate to be crass, but what's the MSRP? US$399?

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

iFi- when will you draw from those of us who correctly submitted the

micro iUSB3

name?

:)

Shouldn't matter to you since you didn't give the right answer...

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

So what was the answer to the 'SKIN' name for skunkworks then?

People want to know!

True, I called nano. Yet it still "matters to me" - wanting the winner to receive the unit ASAP so listening impressions start sooner rather than later.

Fair enough.

Judging by the specs, I think it's going to be quite impressive, but then there are so many possible combinations, so listening impressions will certainly be very useful.

Would you still use an iPurifier at the DAC end when using the iUSB3.0 or is there no point using one when using the iUSB3.0?

Hi,

We would say a lot less if used with correct spec'd USB cable (impedance).

As there is little to 'purifiy/REbalance etc' at the end of the chain.

But as always, we advise try before you buy.

Cheers.

Hi,

We would say a lot less if used with correct spec'd USB cable (impedance).

As there is little to 'purifiy/REbalance etc' at the end of the chain.

But as always, we advise try before you buy.

Cheers.

I am using an iFi Gemini cable :)

I take it that the iPurifer will have no negative impact when using it with the iUSB3.0 so if I already have one I might as well use it?

I am using an iFi Gemini cable :)

I take it that the iPurifer will have no negative impact when using it with the iUSB3.0 so if I already have one I might as well use it?

Hi,

Yes, absolutely is fine. The iPurifier is there at the end of the chain like a water filter (as this makes the most common sense). But if the water is already 'mineral' quality, then wont harm but wont make it better.

Cheers.

Hi,

Yes, absolutely is fine. The iPurifier is there at the end of the chain like a water filter (as this makes the most common sense). But if the water is already 'mineral' quality, then wont harm but wont make it better.

Cheers.

Sound of one hand clapping!!

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2