IGNORED

Article: An Enjoyable And Free MP3 (Trust me On This One) UPDATED!

Come on Chris.....192 kbps mp3 VBR. The VBR makes a difference.

Thanks for the info. I have heard some of these on youtube, and agree about this version of Billie Jean.

Listening to it now. Nice performance if you like Chris Cornell which I do.

A good example to of turning your nose up at the wrong things. Yes, MP3, lossy and all. I do also admit I like it, and enjoy it just like it is. However, what is it that could be better? Lossless or higher rez wouldn't do much for you. Even this simple recording looks pretty compressed (and maybe limited). Be sure and ask Andreas Bauman how much compression he used. Much of the real dynamics have been mashed out of this. It isn't quite totally crushed like some items, but runs pretty much of the time at - 1db across the board. If they would release a less compressed or non-compressed version even in this 192 kbps MP3 VBR you would realize a nice increase in sound quality. I would pick that uncompressed recording in 192 MP3 over this version at 192/24 hi-rez.

Thank you, Chris, for providing access to this album by an artist I am unfamiliar with. I agree with esldude regarding dynamics. I can enjoy these (and other) MP3s for what they are and have many on my music server. However, even in MP3 format, I believe it IS possible to have recordings with high Dynamic Range but these tracks do not based on values of 7-8 (out of 20) as calculated by JRiver MC20. This will not stop my listening to the Cornell album but believe it was an opportunity missed.

Chris-

Fun recording I wasn't aware of. The covers are great, especially Billie Jean. I think it's the first time I actually understood all the lyrics.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Thanks for the link Chris!

MP3 or no it sounds great with my Emotiva DC-1 and Senn Momentums. Id love to have Sony release it in it's original 16/44 mixdown.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

• 1 month later...

I got Cornell's 'Scream' recently. I didn't know he had collaborated with Timbaland, but since I liked what the latter did with Duran Duran (Red Carpet Massacre) as well as Nelly Furtado (Promiscuous Girl), I thought it would be good too.

Sounded much to different from the Cornell I like, so this album didn't do it for me.

I did get the original Euphoria Morning CD - hurray!

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see this Chris. I had the privilege to see CC in a private concert a couple of weekends ago in Sonoma (300 or so people at Mr. Coppola's old wine estate). He played only his [miked] acoustic guitar. I was concerned about his voice having heard Black Hole Sun on Howard Stern a couple years ago and he had trouble with the high notes. Well, here to report that the troubles are all gone. Mr. Cornell gave an awesome performance, sang many Sound Garden songs and did all the referenced covers as well as U2's One and my favorite Imagine by John Lennon. I live in the Twin Cities and last night saw Brandon Flowers (front man for Killers) whose voice is also amazing. Well, leaving the venue noticed at another club that Chris Cornell is playing on October 5th. Needless to say, I'll be there - CC is a must see show for anyone that appreciates a terrific musician and performer. Even if you aren't into his past lives bands you will truly enjoy his acoustic set, and he's a genuine and humble person that puts on zero pretenses and just wants you to enjoy the music.

Great to see this Chris. I had the privilege to see CC in a private concert a couple of weekends ago in Sonoma (300 or so people at Mr. Coppola's old wine estate). He played only his [miked] acoustic guitar. I was concerned about his voice having heard Black Hole Sun on Howard Stern a couple years ago and he had trouble with the high notes. Well, here to report that the troubles are all gone. Mr. Cornell gave an awesome performance, sang many Sound Garden songs and did all the referenced covers as well as U2's One and my favorite Imagine by John Lennon. I live in the Twin Cities and last night saw Brandon Flowers (front man for Killers) whose voice is also amazing. Well, leaving the venue noticed at another club that Chris Cornell is playing on October 5th. Needless to say, I'll be there - CC is a must see show for anyone that appreciates a terrific musician and performer. Even if you aren't into his past lives bands you will truly enjoy his acoustic set, and he's a genuine and humble person that puts on zero pretenses and just wants you to enjoy the music.

Awesome! Thanks for the story and information.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png