IGNORED

Beatles Stereo and Mono Box Sets - Read The Book!

Greetings all,

For those of you who have been lucky enough to get your copies of The Beatles box sets in stereo and mono you might also want to think about investing in a book called "Recording The Beatles: The Studio Equipment and Techniques used To Create Their Classic Albums" co-authored by Kehew and Ryan (Curvebender Publishing).

This book is as classic a story as the albums themselves about everything The Beatles did in the recording studio - What they did, why they did it, the equipment they used and how they used it (or misused it as the case may be!). It answers all the questions you ever might have about how they did what they did in the studio. And it goes a long ways to explaining why the technical quality of all The Beatles recordings is as good as it is on these new remasters. The EMI engineering staff who participated in the actual original recording sessions and their EMI in-house equipment design and manufacturing colleagues definitely were at the top of their game.

This is definitely worth every penny I paid for it.

I'm not associated in any way with the authors or publishing company.

Regards,

Mister Wednesday

jtwrace and Chris,

While you're at it you might also want to consider two other books which form perfect companion pieces to the "Recording The Beatles" book.

Beatles Gear, Revised Edition by Andy Babiuk, Tony Bacon, and Mark Lewisohn (Backbeat Books) looks at the musical instruments they used through their careers. It's kind of like the musical instrument trainspotting equivalent in The Beatles world.

The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions: The Official Story of the Abbey Road Years 1962-1970 by Mark Lewisohn (EMI Records) which is a day to day diary of their time the Abbey Road recording studios.

Again, I'm not associated in any way with either the authors or publishing companies.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Mister Wednesday