IGNORED

dBpoweramp Reference R15 Mac

Why is this app important

Search the Software forum. There are two threads on the Mac version of dbPoweramp. Also see the "Best Ripping Software?" thread for why ripping with software like dBPoweramp is beneficial.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Search the Software forum. There are two threads on the Mac version of dbPoweramp. Also see the "Best Ripping Software?" thread for why ripping with software like dBPoweramp is beneficial.

There is no reason that dBpoweramp is more beneficial than any other software.

There is no reason that dBpoweramp is more beneficial than any other software.

dbPoweramp has features that don't exist in other products or aren't as well implemented. It's up each person as to whether those features are worth the asking cost.

I consider dbPoweramp to be well worth the price for the time it has saved me.

The Windows version has also allowed me to decode HDCD discs and have the extra bits saved in my rip. I am unaware of any other ripping tool that will do that.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Foobar is free and can decode HDCD.

Foobar does decoding just during playback, doesn't it? That wouldn't help if you wanted to play the rip using a different program or device. dbPoweramp (Windows only) will decode the extra bits and save it to the file itself.

You do get what you pay for in this case.

Foobar does decoding just during playback, doesn't it? That wouldn't help if you wanted to play the rip using a different program or device. dbPoweramp (Windows only) will decode the extra bits and save it to the file itself.

You do get what you pay for in this case.

CUETools - CUETools wiki

You also get what you don't pay for.

CUETools - CUETools wiki

You also get what you don't pay for.

Why would I want to use this when it lacks dbPoweramp's tagging features that I absolutely LOVE.

dbPoweramp costs less than what I spend a week on coffee. It's a close as it gets to a no brainer for me - and for other friends who use it too.

I won't say any more on this as it's getting ridiculous. dbPoweramp is only $39. This is not a lot of money.

Why would I want to use this when it lacks dbPoweramp's tagging features that I absolutely LOVE.

dbPoweramp costs less than what I spend a week on coffee. It's a close as it gets to a no brainer for me - and for other friends who use it too.

I won't say any more on this as it's getting ridiculous. dbPoweramp is only $39. This is not a lot of money.

Will dBpoweramp have anything to do with sound quality, and while I'm on that subject. After all this and I get my MacBook and start listen to music thru a HD will it sound any better than my Rotel CD player. I realize that may be a difficult question to answer. At least I will be going thru a good Preamp B&K Reference 5 S2 and a B&K 200.2 S2 Power amp.

Will dBpoweramp have anything to do with sound quality, and while I'm on that subject. After all this and I get my MacBook and start listen to music thru a HD will it sound any better than my Rotel CD player. I realize that may be a difficult question to answer. At least I will be going thru a good Preamp B&K Reference 5 S2 and a B&K 200.2 S2 Power amp.

Spend your money on a good drive and any ripping software will do the job.

It will not sound better than your CD player, CA will give you access to high resolution and DSD if your DAC is capable.

Spend your money on a good drive and any ripping software will do the job.

It will not sound better than your CD player, CA will give you access to high resolution and DSD if your DAC is capable.

I don't Understand this line"CA will give you access to high resolution and DSD if your DAC is capable. U bought a WD 4TB USB 3 & 2.

I don't Understand this line"CA will give you access to high resolution and DSD if your DAC is capable. U bought a WD 4TB USB 3 & 2.

It means with computer audio you can play hi-res downloads (24/44.1, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/192 PCM), and DSD if your DAC decodes DSD format. If not there are music player apps, like Audirvana Plus, that can convert DSD to PCM on-the-fly during playback.

A CD player only plays CD resolution (16/44.1).

It means with computer audio you can play hi-res downloads (24/44.1, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/192 PCM), and DSD if your DAC decodes DSD format. If not there are music player apps, like Audirvana Plus, that can convert DSD to PCM on-the-fly during playback.

A CD player only plays CD resolution (16/44.1).

So with that said then if I convert DSD to PCM It should have better sound quality?

I bought the ifi nano iDSD 32bit/384kHz HD USB DAC Quad DSD256 11.2/12.4 MHz

Cool. You should seriously look at HQPlayer app. That would be perfect for you. There are a couple threads here on CA which delve into the intricacies of it. You can download a free trial. It's a little complicated, so read the user guide PDF.

Great is HQPlayer Mac and I notices you have CAD optimized OS X 10.9.1 I went to there site and it says the script for it should only be used if the only thing your going to do with your Mac is play music, that would be the case but I would also like to hook it up to the web to check for iTunes and OS upgrades.

Great is HQPlayer Mac and I notices you have CAD optimized OS X 10.9.1 I went to there site and it says the script for it should only be used if the only thing your going to do with your Mac is play music, that would be the case but I would also like to hook it up to the web to check for iTunes and OS upgrades.
On there page it says I need "

• Audio interface with CoreAudio or ASIO drivers" to use HQplayer
  • I can't afford to buy anymore hardware. I haven't even bought my MacBook yet:(

On there page it says I need "

• Audio interface with CoreAudio or ASIO drivers" to use HQplayer
  • I can't afford to buy anymore hardware. I haven't even bought my MacBook yet:(

There is no hardware in this:)

I think that HQ player for a newbie in CA is little complicated, you should start with Audirvana, Pure music or JRMC.