IGNORED

dBpoweramp Reference R15 Mac

Why would I want to use this when it lacks dbPoweramp's tagging features that I absolutely LOVE.

dbPoweramp costs less than what I spend a week on coffee. It's a close as it gets to a no brainer for me - and for other friends who use it too.

I won't say any more on this as it's getting ridiculous. dbPoweramp is only $39. This is not a lot of money.

Yep. I'll add my .02. I wish I had dbpoweramp when I started my lib. It isn't a lot $, and the time ($$$) spent not putzing around is worth it in spades. It's all about time for me.

I went through several iterations of growing my lib and it shows => inconsistent metadata. I am ripping most of my lib over (AIFF, larger artwork, consistent naming conventions, everything embedded properly etc) it sucks, but in the end I won't (I hope not) have to continually putz with adding missed tags, artwork and the like.

I think a lot of my issues had to do with iTunes (not embedding properly).

There are many applications to choose from, but dbpoweramp it certainly one of the better ones imho - it just makes sense.

Sent from CA mobile app

My rig

• 2 weeks later...

A few other handy things:

Extracting album covers that were embedded in the tag and automatically create a folder.jpg file. Especially handy for UPnP setups.

Removing embedded tag artwork.

Or both, and in bulk.

HDCD determination and extraction. (Win only I believe)

Artwork searching and fixing with ease. In bulk.

Accurate rip verification of existing rips. In bulk.

Ease of use and help.

Right click tag edits.

Especially for streamer setups all you need is Explorer/Finder and DBP for library management. Safe!

A few other handy things:

Removing embedded tag artwork.

Or both, and in bulk.

Artwork searching and fixing with ease. In bulk.

Accurate rip verification of existing rips. In bulk.

Are these done using their "util codecs"? If so, I'm just now discovering these, ooy.

Any tips you care to share are welcome. To fix existing files (ones that I don't have CDs for anymore), I have been using either mp3tag or RMB click on say a CD worth of files and select "edit ID tag" and downloading artwork/updating tags etc..

My rig

I'm a newB also I don't care for any mp3'a so what is mp3tag or RMB.

mp3tag is a metadata program, pretty self explanatory.

MP3's are a necessity, when you lose a lot of ones library to circumstances.

RMB => Right Mouse Button click => in the context of using dBpoweramp "edit" metadata function.

My rig

Are these done using their "util codecs"? If so, I'm just now discovering these, ooy.

Any tips you care to share are welcome. To fix existing files (ones that I don't have CDs for anymore), I have been using either mp3tag or RMB click on say a CD worth of files and select "edit ID tag" and downloading artwork/updating tags etc..

Hi Foggie,

When you right click on the audio file and select Convert. In the options section there are DSP Effects / Actions that can be added to the conversion. Click on add --> Add DSP Effect to see the list.

1. For HDCD decoding select the HDCD DSP. Once you have selected it you can always change the settings or remove it. What I have read is that unchecking the +6dB setting is preferred. Also remember to choose Bit Depth, Channels and Sample Rate = As Source.

2. For removing embedded artwork select the ID Tag Processing DSP. To remove the album from the tag, go to the Deletions tab and select Single Tag, Album Artwork.

3. For copying embedded artwork to a separate Folder.jpg file, select the ID Tag Processing DSP. Go to the Manipulations tab and from the Album Artwork section choose Export To: Folder.jpg

Number 2 and 3 can be combined

As you can see you can do a lot more manipulations. I would recommend copying a few audiofiles, especially if you are going to use the Batch Converter to do multiples, to just try it on and get familiar with the outcome.

Cheers.

Hi Foggie,

When you right click on the audio file and select Convert. In the options section there are DSP Effects / Actions that can be added to the conversion. Click on add --> Add DSP Effect to see the list.

1. For HDCD decoding select the HDCD DSP. Once you have selected it you can always change the settings or remove it. What I have read is that unchecking the +6dB setting is preferred. Also remember to choose Bit Depth, Channels and Sample Rate = As Source.

2. For removing embedded artwork select the ID Tag Processing DSP. To remove the album from the tag, go to the Deletions tab and select Single Tag, Album Artwork.

3. For copying embedded artwork to a separate Folder.jpg file, select the ID Tag Processing DSP. Go to the Manipulations tab and from the Album Artwork section choose Export To: Folder.jpg

Number 2 and 3 can be combined

As you can see you can do a lot more manipulations. I would recommend copying a few audiofiles, especially if you are going to use the Batch Converter to do multiples, to just try it on and get familiar with the outcome.

Cheers.

Great info, thank you for the response. I'll dig into this, I just want aware of this functionality

My rig