IGNORED

Auralic aries stutters/skips after 30 or so seconds of playing from library via wireless

We are running the Auralic Aries on a wireless connection (on a dynamic address with Comcast). Initially we were able to listen wirelessly to our music library (AIFF files) running off a NAS server without the music stuttering. Now after a few months, and some updates to our music library, about 30 or so seconds into a song, it stutters/skips and continues to stutter. Radio works fine. We've ran a CAT6 cable with no stuttering. BUT, and here is the big BUT, the music sounds so much warmer, welcoming, interesting with a wireless connection (using a MAC6700 by McIntosh with Rockport Atria speakers). Anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this. We are waiting for support from Auralic and hope to hear back but in the meantime this is killing me.

We are running the Auralic Aries on a wireless connection (on a dynamic address with Comcast). Initially we were able to listen wirelessly to our music library (AIFF files) running off a NAS server without the music stuttering. Now after a few months, and some updates to our music library, about 30 or so seconds into a song, it stutters/skips and continues to stutter. Radio works fine. We've ran a CAT6 cable with no stuttering. BUT, and here is the big BUT, the music sounds so much warmer, welcoming, interesting with a wireless connection (using a MAC6700 by McIntosh with Rockport Atria speakers). Anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this. We are waiting for support from Auralic and hope to hear back but in the meantime this is killing me.

If you're saying the stuttering isn't happening when hard wired then the issue is your router. This is typically the issue. Have you reset your router? Perhaps it's a channel issue and you just need to change the channel.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

What router do you have hooked up to your Comcast Cable Modem?

And does the router offer 802.11n support on the 5GHZ band?

What changes were made to the music library and what NAS/Music Server are you using?

This does sound like an issue with the router.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Thanks for replying! I need to check on what router we have. It does offer 802.11n on the 5GHZ band. We did reset the router, but not the channel, will try that. The only changes made to the music library was burning some cds (AIFF files) and adding them to the music folder, and then reindexing the music on the DAS. Initially I thought the skipping was due to the CD burn not working but then after listening to all our music everything was skipping.

Let us know what router you have. The suggestion would be as follows:

1. Have a separate named network for the 802.11n 5GHZ band. Use that band for the Aries.

2. Give you Aries a static (fixed) IP address.

3. Give your NAS a static (fixed) IP address.

4. If possible assign a fixed channel to the 5 GHZ band, something in the 100's if possible ( depends on router and country location ).

Or in lieu of all of the above, shutdown and then reboot your cable modem, router, NAS, and Aries. That may fix the issue.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I am not network guru but I will say that experimenting with channels gave me improved speed from my router. And good advice on dedicating 5ghz band to just the Aries. I do this in my home for streaming 1080p movies. It helps keeping the kids and all their devices off my personal band!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Thank you for all the advice. Since we're Comcast customers we can't designate a static IP for just the Auralic (unless we want to pay $16 and probably will rise each year). I will def. experiment with channels. One thing we just ordered is a switch, a Cisco SG300 as we read in the same forum that that worked for someone. Open to changing the router too if that can help.

Thank you for all the advice. Since we're Comcast customers we can't designate a static IP for just the Auralic (unless we want to pay $16 and probably will rise each year). I will def. experiment with channels. One thing we just ordered is a switch, a Cisco SG300 as we read in the same forum that that worked for someone. Open to changing the router too if that can help.

If you're a Comcast customer ( so am I) and you're renting your modem and router from them you need to loose their POS router and buy your own Modem and Router.. Not only will you get much better performance you'll save money too!

A very good AC router is Netgear R7000. Does the Aries support Wireless AC?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I'm partial to the Asus routers.. I had a Netgear r7000 and it was problematic. Take a look at your router and modem, and your Comcast bill.. Surprising how many folks don't realize they are renting Concast equipment!

Great, I don't believe we're renting our router from Comcast actually, we have our own, but do you have any recommendation for the router to get.

What brand of router do you currently have? Apologies if I missed that.

I'm partial to the Asus routers.. I had a Netgear r7000 and it was problematic. Take a look at your router and modem, and your Comcast bill.. Surprising how many folks don't realize they are renting Concast equipment!

Curious what kind of problems you had with the Netgear R7000?

Other components:

Curious what kind of problems you had with the Netgear R7000?

I had huge issues with it not working correctly with my Sonos system. It would drop zones and then not connect and do other weird stuff. The thing was everything else connected and worked fine. After months of trying to trouble shoot why my Sonos which worked fine for years was acting up, I replaced the R7000 with a Asus and everything was back to normal..

I had huge issues with it not working correctly with my Sonos system. It would drop zones and then not connect and do other weird stuff. The thing was everything else connected and worked fine. After months of trying to trouble shoot why my Sonos which worked fine for years was acting up, I replaced the R7000 with a Asus and everything was back to normal..

good to know because I have Sonos too! OK I am going to look into this more. Did you have a Sonos ZP directly connected to the R7000 or are all your ZPs wireless?

Other components:

I have one player wired to the router, the rest are wireless (Sonos net) The issue was the controllers wouldn't stay connected and zones would drop in and out, just overall very flakey. First I switched to a Linksys WRT1900AC which was fine until I got my Aries and it wouldn't connect via WiFi with the Linksys! Swapped it out for an Asus RT-AC68 which has worked perfectly now for about 6 months..Just an FYI I first tried the newest baddest Asus RT-AC87 but it was so new it had some weird firmware issues so I swapped it for AC68 which was last years top model and was flawless.. The new AC87 probably has the firmware issues ironed out by now..