IGNORED

Music for testing Audio Equipment

"Best music to test audio equipment with."

There can be only one answer to that question: Play what you like and what you are familiar with - regardless of genre. The sound of the stereo has to please you, not some self-appointed arbiter of taste such as magazines like Stereophile and The Absolute Sound tend to be. Only you know what you want your system to sound like. Some go for neutral, accurate sound (like me). others like big bass, bold mids and bright sparkling highs, with no concern about how this differs from the sound of real music, played in a real space. But that's why it's your stereo. It exists to make you happy. So "voice" your system using the music that you listen to and leave all the "recommended" test material to the recommenders!

+1

This is the right and only way: Your taste and your gear on your listening room SQ playing the music you love and know.

Roch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is a brand new one, a bit the same kind of mood.

Incredible SQ;

Hoes300shadow.jpgSound Liaison Music Shop

Now I do love the PANArt hang. Very good to get in to trascendental meditation...!

With this great undistorted SQ my only fear was not being able to get out of deep meditation, but because in my country we are in the season of giant thunderstorms a powerful lightning brought me to reality faster than I wanted.

Roch

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, christian u said:

I ordered the CD version of this one for 16.50 

I find 40$ for 176 download a bit too much. That is 2x more than the Sound Liaison download in the same sample rate.-%20M062A-HR%20_La%20Segunda_%20Sera%20u

Extraordinary album from sonics to music !!!

Roch

2 hours ago, christian u said:

one more Mare recording;

-%20M084A%20_Nama_%20Puente%20Celeste.jp 

listening to the sample, it is well recorded but the bass is all the way to the left making the left channel a bit "heavy".

Seems that everything is recorded direct to a korg Dsd recorder with a stereo microphone, a refreshing approach.

Got no bass problems with the DL.

Roch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, PAP said:

I have the Star Tracks CD. It is well recorded but compared to more recent recordings I don't think it holds up.

Tony Overwaters magnificent bass sound is way better captured here;

compared to;

where it sounds more like an electric bass

Maybe the comparison is not fair.  The first is a modern audiophile recording, the second a commercial old one.

Roch

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, PAP said:

Listening to the youtube audio now. Very beautiful song

There is a strange delay on the voice.

At the end of the song it is not there.

I prefer the sound of the voice at the end.

Where did you download it? I find the song so pretty that I will purchase it despite my dislike of the  electronic/artificial instruments entering at 1.40.:D

Chez Qobuz.

Roch

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Priaptor said:

I couldn't agree more.  I have given up on them.  I have been requesting it from them for the last 4 years always to be met with the same "we are a small company and have NO intention to change our ways".  In fact they used to do some downloads on highresaudio and have stopped that.  

They have now on their website some albums for DL in Flac 24/88.

Roch