IGNORED

dBpoweramp now on OS X

Melvin

Hi i have always ripped my CD's with ITunes is this not the best way to do this?

Thank you for any help given.

Daryl

ITunes is fine but on a MAC, programs like XLD give you a bit more confidence by using "SecureRip" and giving detailed reports. If the CD is pristine and there is no chance of errors, then there is arguably little difference......

ITunes is fine but on a MAC, programs like XLD give you a bit more confidence by using "SecureRip" and giving detailed reports. If the CD is pristine and there is no chance of errors, then there is arguably little difference......

+1

It helps also to get a good CD only ripper / player, hard to find on this days...

As I do not like to complicate my life, I always go for the iTunes way, however I will try dBpoweramp.

Roch

....programs like XLD give you a bit more confidence by using "SecureRip" and giving detailed reports.

+1

Have used XLD to rip several thousand CDs. NP.

Tried the "new and improved" dppoweramp for Mac over the last several days.

This is the second or third time/try over the last 6 months ( always checking out

the latest) My net reaction: what a mess. Went back to XLD.

I'm sure others will have a different/better reaction. But that was mine.

+1

Have used XLD to rip several thousand CDs. NP.

Tried the "new and improved" dppoweramp for Mac over the last several days.

This is the second or third time/try over the last 6 months ( always checking out

the latest) My net reaction: what a mess. Went back to XLD.

I'm sure others will have a different/better reaction. But that was mine.

What did you not like about dBpoweramp? I used to use XLD, but really appreciate the flexibility, etc., behind dBpowramp and have switched to it exclusively.

I particularly like the "smart" metadata features, the ability to rip to multiple formats at once (I haven't actually started doing this yet, but tested it, and it's slick), etc.

Again, XLD is great (and how can you beat free?), but would be very interested on your thoughts about dBpoweramp, especially the "what a mess" comment LOL

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

What did you not like about dBpoweramp? I used to use XLD, ... would be very interested on your thoughts about dBpoweramp,

admittedly my reaction is colored by being an early "trier" of the OSX beta 6 or 8 months ago.....

So I was looking to see if some things had gotten "fixed": here were two problem areas:

accessing accuraterip DB; stability of profiles.

• 2 months later...