IGNORED

Tidal and WiMP through your software player of choice

Hi Geoff,

One step closer.

Going into Kodi, music, add ons, [ATTACH]19684[/ATTACH]tidal audiophile and adding log on details, selecting A+, Lossless etc.

But now getting error message- script failed.

Help!!

Again, thank you and Rick for your help.

Hello Geoffrey,

First of all I would like to think you for all your efforts. I install the Tidal Audiophile add-on successfully but I get the same error as Abee_V. I am sorry I can't send you the error report because I cannot find the log. If you have a second to tell me how to get a copy of the log I will send it to you.

Looking forward to listen to some high res music from Tidal with A+.

Please go to to your logs folder in your library folder.

On a Mac this is in you user folder. The short way to get there is by entering ~/Library in the Go menu and look for logs.

Or you can simply launch the Console app which should be in Applications/Utilities. With the app choose the Kodi log.

…and Abee, the one you sent me doesn't include any errors from Tidal Audiophile.

Please just send the entire Kodi log after you get the error.

Thanks

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

sorry Geoff,

managed to copy the files in the directory mentionned by you (library ...) - now I can see "Tidal Audiophile" and play around with all the settings (HQ player ...) but when I try to start Tidal Audiophile by login procedure I get this information "script failed"

regards,

Nikander

Hello Everyone,

So I have tried to reinstall Kodi 14.2 and I have the same script error. Then I tried to install 14.1 but I got the same error. So I found the Kodi log and I sent an email to Geoffrey with the log in it. I hope it will help you.

VincentC, nikander and Abee_V ... have you guys also installed Geoff's Applescript? You need both his TIDAL add-on for Kodi and his Applescript (see post #326).

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

VincentC, nikander and Abee_V ... have you guys also installed Geoff's Applescript? You need both his TIDAL add-on for Kodi and his Applescript (see post #326).

I am working on an update right now. The problem which showed up in the log files you guys provided seems to be related to the latest versions of Kodi. I have fixed that problem on all platforms.

This next update will also properly implement the hqp-player commands. At the moment I'm having some trouble getting them to work consistently 100% of the time, so I'm still testing and tweaking.

For you guys on A+ on Mac though, the following interim release 1.3.4 should fix your problems

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86110007/software/plugin.audio.tidalplus.zip

For HQPlayer users please turn off Gapless in Tidal Audiophile settings when using this version.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Downloaded interim release 1.3.4 and added it to Kodi. Kodi accesses Tidal playlist library and plays back tracks when in the Tidal Audiophile settings 'quality' is set to Low - as soon as quality setting is changed to lossless it does not stream the track (could be my wifi setup maybe?).

Also I have not yet downloaded the Applescript and thus am not getting any music playback through the dac. A+ is on. The link to the Applescript is showing the folder as being currently empty.

Again, Thank YOU

Hi Geoff,

Downloaded interim release 1.3.4 and added it to Kodi. Kodi accesses Tidal playlist library and plays back tracks when in the Tidal Audiophile settings 'quality' is set to Low - as soon as quality setting is changed to lossless it does not stream the track (could be my wifi setup maybe?).

Also I have not yet downloaded the Applescript and thus am not getting any music playback through the dac. A+ is on. The link to the Applescript is showing the folder as being currently empty.

Again, Thank YOU

Sorry, forgot the Applescript:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86110007/software/Tidal-Audirvana.zip

Please install the uncompressed script in your Applications folder.

Please also make sure you choose the "Lossless" option in "Tidal Audiophile" settings.

geoff

Geoff, Damien posted today that the A+ remote app is in final beta testing and is about to hit the release candidate stage. I don't think the A+ remote app will work with your solution, but it's definitely an important A+ enhancement.

I'm on release 1.3.2, is there anything in 1.3.4 that might help with my issue with A+ not loading the entire track when an album/playlist is interrupted by a new album/playlist? I hope one of your other users can replicate this problem. I continue to believe it's an A+ bug but I don't know how to capture diagnostic information to convince Damien.

Also, is the Applescript in post #387 the same as the one in post #326, or has something changed?

Congratulations on the success of your system at Munich High End!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Geoff, Damien posted today that the A+ remote app is in final beta testing and is about to hit the release candidate stage. I don't think the A+ remote app will work with your solution, but it's definitely an important A+ enhancement.

I'm on release 1.3.2, is there anything in 1.3.4 that might help with my issue with A+ not loading the entire track when an album/playlist is interrupted by a new album/playlist? I hope one of your other users can replicate this problem. I continue to believe it's an A+ bug but I don't know how to capture diagnostic information to convince Damien.

Also, is the Applescript in post #387 the same as the one in post #326, or has something changed?

Congratulations on the success of your system at Munich High End!

The A+ remote app won't work with my solution. Only the Kodi remote apps. I will test it as purely a remote for A+ control of local libraries though as I'm curious to see how good it is.

No change to my Applescript. Just posted it for the benefit of Abee_V.

Let me know if you get on Qobuz.

Best,

Geoff

Let me know if you get on Qobuz.

OK Geoff I now have a 15-day free trial going on Qobuz, I just need to install the OS X desktop client to make sure Qobuz works correctly on its own.

So if you have a Qobuz add-on for Kodi and a companion Applescript, please advise me where I can get them. Can I just leave the currently installed TIDAL add-on for Kodi and its Applescript on my system, or do they first need to be removed?

Besides wanting to compare Qobuz and TIDAL to see which one I prefer, I want to see whether the problems I encountered with your TIDAL add-on for Kodi go away when I use Qobuz. That would help narrow down what's going wrong.

Thanks. Qobuz never did respond to my email.

OK Geoff I now have a 15-day free trial going on Qobuz, I just need to install the OS X desktop client to make sure Qobuz works correctly on its own.

So if you have a Qobuz add-on for Kodi and a companion Applescript, please advise me where I can get them. Can I just leave the currently installed TIDAL add-on for Kodi and its Applescript on my system, or do they first need to be removed?

Besides wanting to compare Qobuz and TIDAL to see which one I prefer, I want to see whether the problems I encountered with your TIDAL add-on for Kodi go away when I use Qobuz. That would help narrow down what's going wrong.

Thanks. Qobuz never did respond to my email.

Glad you got the trial going. Can you PM me with your email address and I'll send you the necessary files. They will live alongside Tidal Audiophile, so you can easily compare the two.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

thanks a lot for all your efforts.

"...Sorry, forgot the Applescript:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-Audirvana.zip

Please also make sure you choose the "Lossless" option in "Tidal Audiophile" settings.

geoff ..."

does this script also concern HQPlayer-users?

If yes - where exactly does it have to be copied in "Applications"

regards,

Nikander

Hi Geoff,

thanks a lot for all your efforts.

"...Sorry, forgot the Applescript:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-Audirvana.zip

geoff ..."

does this script also concern HQPlayer-users?

If yes - where exactly does it have to be copied in "Applications"

regards,

Nikander

The Applescript is only for A+ users.

As I said in a previous post I am still working on perfecting the Tidal Audiophile for HQP users while using the new hqp-control commands provided by Miska with the latest beta of HQPlayer.

Geoff

Sorry guys ... I didn't realize the Applescript is required only for A+.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help! I did not install the Applescript when I reported my problem. However, after installing the applescript I was able to access Tidal through Kodi and I was able to see my favored artists and stuff but when I select an album to then select the specific track, nothing appears. The list is empty and no playing is going through. I am not sure what I am missing this time.

My hat is off to ya Geoffrey. Many thanks for the Tidal audiophile plug in for Kodi. Using Kodi 15 RC2 and Jriver 20.0.131. Sound is much improved and so glad I revisited this thread for the latest version and instructions to use Jriver....

My hat is off to ya Geoffrey. Many thanks for the Tidal audiophile plug in for Kodi. Using Kodi 15 RC2 and Jriver 20.0.131. Sound is much improved and so glad I revisited this thread for the latest version and instructions to use Jriver....

You're welcome and thanks for the nice comments.

Geoff

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help! I did not install the Applescript when I reported my problem. However, after installing the applescript I was able to access Tidal through Kodi and I was able to see my favored artists and stuff but when I select an album to then select the specific track, nothing appears. The list is empty and no playing is going through. I am not sure what I am missing this time.

Have you tried with a few different Albums or Playlists? I ask because there are a number on Tidal which are not available for streaming in lossless flac. My software filters those out, because HQPlayer or A+. will only accept the lossless flac streams.

I've even had situations recently whereby a playlist of albums would appear as lossless flac at one time and then the urls showed up as .m4a's another time, so couldn't be streamed via HQP or A+. Later, happily, they re-appeared as flac again. Bizarre.

This was a playlist of albums by the Jazz pianist, Andrew Hill.

Do also verify all your settings in Tidal Audiophile settings within Kodi.

Geoff

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to stream Tidal to Audirvana+.

I've installed the plugin to Kodi and I can see my albums.

When I click on an album, one of the following normally happens..

- Kodi crashes

- I see a blank window with no music tracks

- Once I did see a track listing and the song played in Kodi, shouldn't it open in Audirvana?

Could you please write a simple 1,2,3 guide to how to get this working because as smart as I am, I can't figure this out.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I was hoping that this plugin would allow me to view my Tidal albums in Audirvana+ and play tracks from them using the Audirvana+ sound engine, which I have heard, is supposed to be better than Amarra for Tidal/SQ+ and Roon, which I'm currently using.

Thank you for your help,

Toby

My log file from Kodi is attached.

kodi.log.zip

Hello,

I would like to stream Tidal to Audirvana+.

I've installed the plugin to Kodi and I can see my albums.

When I click on an album, one of the following normally happens..

- Kodi crashes

- I see a blank window with no music tracks

- Once I did see a track listing and the song played in Kodi, shouldn't it open in Audirvana?

Could you please write a simple 1,2,3 guide to how to get this working because as smart as I am, I can't figure this out.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I was hoping that this plugin would allow me to view my Tidal albums in Audirvana+ and play tracks from them using the Audirvana+ sound engine, which I have heard, is supposed to be better than Amarra for Tidal/SQ+ and Roon, which I'm currently using.

Thank you for your help,

Toby

My log file from Kodi is attached.

[ATTACH]20355[/ATTACH]

Apologies. This was an error I introduced while making enhancements for HQPlayer users.

Thanks for the log file. I've corrected the error and the version linked below should now work for you.

Make sure you still have the Applescript from the previous distribution installed in your applications folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86110007/software/plugin.audio.tidalplus.zip

Geoff