IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, hellrider77 said:

2. Few years back, I believe it was 5.5.76,  when I would play an online stream (online radio) I would get  the artist and track names displayed on the Aurender's display and in the Conductor app, it was really useful as it was a nice way to discover new artists or albums I didn't know of.  After one upgrade (i believe it was 5.10.16 but as well may be somewhere in between 5.5.76 and 5.10.16) only SHOUTCAST or ONLINE RADIO is displayed. Of course I checked and my favorite station is still sending artist name and track info (together with album cover but I do not expect Aurender to display that, even in the Conductor app). I sent this issue to Aurender support since November 2017, it is almost two years now and still no resolution. I mean how hard can it be to check what was lost from one SW version to the next and solve the darn thing?

I remember that. I agree that it would be very useful if Aurender can add this option again as I listen to online radio about 40% of the time.

i seem to remember asking aurender about this a year or 2 ago but never received a definitive answer. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2019 at 9:54 PM, jon2020 said:

Hi all,

I am curious as to whether others here may have shared my experience that high quality isolation footers significantly improve the SQ of their units, even with the lowly N100H.

I currently use Harmonix by Combak footers but hope to hear from others about their choices and what work best for them. Also, to Ari and Chris, whether they do recommend any particular make/model.

Many thanks in advance. 

Jon. 

I find that Symposium platforms or the Rollerblocks work great on digital gear. I use a Symposium Svelte Plus under my A10 with great results. Bass is tighter and vocals more precise in their space. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

15 hours ago, edje said:

I have another issue with my A10: sometimes when playing an album It plays the first second of the track and then starts over and over again for about 10-20 seconds. After that it will play the whole album without issues. Anyone have had this?

No such issue on my A10. 
However, I’m not able to delete albums on my library that Tidal has deleted..pretty minor issue for me but have submitted a report with no replies yet. 
Otherwise I’m pretty happy with all the recent updates, especially artist, song title display with internet radio. Really helpful...👍

2 hours ago, bmichels said:

I believe I have the same issue with my W20:  I have added some QOBUZ titles to my library, and then later, I want to remove them from my library.... but they stay visible in my library.   Am I doing something wrong, or it is a bug ? 

I’m pretty sure it’s a bug. Had the same issue sometime last year and Aurender had to delete remotely. Didn’t need to delete another album till this recent one so I hadn’t noticed if it was fixed previously, but I guess it still hasn’t. It only happens with albums that tidal has deleted from their library. 

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

Does anyone have information about the recent Conductor 4.18.125 update. It isn't posted on the web site or I am not looking in the correct place.

Thanks

The most recent version is 5.18.125 from last Oct. 

https://www.notion.so/Public-Release-Note-3f6678a5745d401895e64c7c848c2e8e

• 2 months later...

New update for Aurender Conductor 4.21.86 (N10 and maybe others). Don't know what it does since the Aurender web-site is way behind again.

https://www.notion.so/Aurender-System-Software-53facc705e3a48e8a91e42f598b7e7e2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, blugosi said:

Quick question,

There is an option PH + or PH - in Aurender, right next to the input selection, bottom of window.

What is it for?

It’s a phase inverter to correct out of phase recordings. 
“+” is default setting. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 10:02 PM, kilroy said:

I just joined the Aurender party with a N100H. It's just at 50 hours now in the break in. Humbled by all these guys with W20s and N10s. 

The Aurender replaced a custom built server which I always considered to be neutral sounding. No other system changes. 

Anyway there's no doubt this thing is on the warm side. So much so that with my Pass class A amp it's like a double whammy of warmth and darkness. Does this seem right? It's really too much and I'm looking for ways to decrease the warmth. I'm actually thinking of swapping the Pass for a more neutral amp but only if I have to. Maybe there's another solution?

Rest of system is Auralic Vega DAC, AR pre, various cables which are generally neutral sounding.

Maybe give it another 200 or so hrs of break-in. My A10 sounded best around the 300 hr mark, FWIW.

Yeah, I TRY to skim over the posts with W20s and the N10s. Don’t need the temptation these days 😰.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 8:26 PM, kilroy said:

I lost exact count on the burn-in time of my N100H but probably approaching 400 hours. Around the 100-200 hour I still hadn't noticed much of a change and swapped in new all silver USB cables (two, one from the server to a reclocker, another from there to the DAC). The sound went bad right away but I kept the burn-in going. About a week later there was a quite obvious improvement in the sound. In fact I was shocked at just how much it changed. The too warm-too dark sound had morphed into something much more palatable, less boomy, more defined and refined, the top end opened up as well, much more air. So the original downward tonal shift lightened up and I'm much happier now.

👍😉

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, mav52 said:

From my Dealer:

N20

The new model N20 is an upgraded-in-every-way N10, much like how the W20SE evolved from the original W20. All new circuit topologies inside and a fresh new cosmetic exterior make this a product sure to be a big success.
N20 Highlights and Features:
The brand new linear power supply for N20 utilizes 2 transformers, 4 cores, large audio-grade capacitors, and isolated grounding! It is extremely sophisticated and dead quiet! A power supply this good contributes immediately audible improvements to any audio component.
Grounding for the SPDIF outputs is now isolated by a separate transformer for an even lower noise floor on AES/EBU, Coax RCA & BNC, and Toslink outputs compared to N10.
All new circuit boards populated with higher precision OCXO clock and oscillator exhibiting 4 to 10 times more stability (frequency stability vs. load) than the N10. Musicality, timing, pace and rhythm are greatly enhanced.
Like A30, ACS10 and ACS100, the N20 features a built-in super capacitor-based uninterruptible power supply. This prevents disc and operating system corruption in the event of an abrupt power outage by safely shutting down the system.
A word clock input facilitates syncing N20 with an external word clock.
N20 features a full color 8.8” 1980 x 480 wide screen as found on A30. The chassis size is just slightly taller than the N10 giving it a more substantial appearance.
The N20 is supplied without hard drives installed. As with N100SC and ACS100, hard drives are the customer’s choice. Each of the two rear panel mounting sleds accommodates a 1, 2,4 or 8TB 2.5 inch SSD or up to 5TB 15mm height 2.5inch HDDs. Since users have different storage requirements, we feel this is the best way to satisfy everyone.
Next-generation USB Audio Class 2.0 Module designed with an emphasis on lowering jitter and lowest possible latency.
Like the W20SE and ACS10, the N20 uses a double isolated LAN port for filter out router induced noise.
Double the DRAM (8GB) of the N10 providing ample system resource for support of native DSD 512 playback.
Improved and higher capacity SSD for caching. Upgraded to 500GB M2 NVME. N10 uses a 2.5” 240GB SATA.
Available in silver or black finish.

Suggested Retail Price: $12,000.

e5aea5187dd61892c6aa8f83217892a6.webp 237.4 kB · 23 downloads 0af565c8a8a728244b6bbf6418360ec2.webp 406.32 kB · 13 downloads dc9c6e8a4538d43e7475bdde306f421d.webp 831.75 kB · 11 downloads

Nice.👍
Would be very interested in the A20. Maybe the same chassis/display screen as the A30???🤞

• 5 months later...
23 hours ago, agladstone said:

I would say don’t leave display on all the time. I would also say don’t set display brightness level too high either. 
I actually had to replace my display because it burned out / failed. 

Same here. My display brightness is always set to about 40% but I had some burn-in issues after about 2 years and had to replace my display.

I’m seriously thinking about upgrading my A10 to the N10. For those who have gone this route, would you say there is a considerable upgrade in sound quality? I will be pairing it with my Lyngdorf MP40 which I consider very clean and transparent.

2 hours ago, HDgeorge said:

the upgrade for A10 is A30. 
A10 has a real good DAC.

N10 is better streamer though.

Unfortunately my MP40 doesn’t have analog inputs so I cannot use internal dacs of A10 or A30, not mention the scary price of the A30 😩.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 7:48 PM, Nortonowner said:

Hello, i'm new to this forum and just got an aurender A10. im using an ipad pro to run the aurender app. I signed up for tidal and can play songs, however it says to enable masters settings. Every video ive seen has normal, high , hifi and masters. mine only has the first 3. No choice for masters, yet i signed up for the $20 highest tidal choice. What am i missing?

“HIFI” membership will enable you to listen to masters.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, AriMargolis said:

@honeymustardsteveWe will look into Apple's lossless platform.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. 

• 1 month later...

The new N200 is looking good too. Seriously thinking about upgrading my A10.

5 hours ago, agladstone said:

I wasn’t aware of this new model, I just researched it, looks very nice. However it seems to essentially be the same price as the ASC10, seems to me as though the ASC10 may be the better of the two to purchase since it has the ability to do more and I think they both have very similar specs in regards to playback and features besides the disc trays in the back? Any clarification on this @AriMargolis ? 
Where does the N200 fit when comparing the N10, N200, and ASC10 in your opinion? When you add the cost of drives, basically all three of these units are now in a similar price point? 

From what I've read, the N200 is basically a scaled down version of the N20. I'm sure Ari can provide more details. I really like the front panel display 😛.

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 4:30 PM, scoc said:

Whilst running in the Aurender N200 I'm also going to check its spdif output to compare. Even after 50 hours of constant burn-in of the N200 I'm not convinced about the sound improvement vs cost difference (N100H). The N200 sound is quite different from the N100H, although it is more precise and cleaner it seems Aurender decided to somewhat change its house sound sort of speak. Is it because other vendors focus so much on increasing resolution they felt they had to follow suit?

Also, on the N200 no info is shown on the display when playing internet radio. No radio info or metadata, no logo or anything. The screen just says 'Select a Song ...'. The only indicator is that it shows 'Radio Stream' in the right bottom corner. So, the whole 6+ inch screen is unused in that case. Weird, since it works fine on N100H. I have raised a support ticket for this. It is also a pity Aurender did not put an Oled screen in the N200. When looking from the side or from above you can clear see it is an LCD.

Looking seriously into the N200 to replace my A10. Really interested in your findings. I remember my A10 sounding much better after the 300 hr break-in mark. Keep us posted…

On 9/3/2021 at 2:11 AM, Anonamemouse said:

Interesting... Specially since human memory for sound is about 20 seconds, at best. 

A - B comparison only works if you can literally flick a switch. 

😑

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2021 at 6:59 PM, scoc said:

After upgrading my speakers from ATC SCM11’s to SCM40’s I am now retesting the same Aurender N200 thx to my dealer. And … it seems I have to correct my earlier statement (stating I was keeping my N100H after testing the N200). The N200 has only been playing a few hours but the differences are now more profound. The N200 has a considerable darker background and the sound is much tighter and direct. Increased drive and better timing combined with better bass control. I’m pretty sure this N200 is not going back.

Are you finding the same improvements with internet radio streaming?

On 11/3/2021 at 6:08 PM, kipdent said:

@JS21--

Though I don't have the N200 (I have the N100C), I am interested in your question because I am astonished at how good some radio streams sound from the Aurender. Better than the some of the best over-the-air FM stations when I used to listen that way. This begs another question: Do Aurender radio streaming fans here have some favorite stations? I am loving WERU, a tiny station from Blue Hill, Maine, which plays a variety of eclectic music and great jazz, and NHPR classical form New Hampshire which provides as much education about the artists it plays as it does in providing good sound. For someone who lives in California, these are just wonderful. I'd love to hear about others...

I used to have a modded Magnum Dynalab M100 tuner for many years, which might’ve sounded a bit more open but hearing how good the Aurender FM stations are, I sold the MD and pocketed the extra $$. An added bonus is Artist and song names are displayed on app and front panel.
Just a few faves:

WBGO 88.3

Canal Jazz (France)

KCSM (Bay area Jazz)

CJRT FM91

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, steveoat said:

I am enjoying my N200 and appreciate all the help I have received thus far on the forum.

Did you upgrade from any Aurender product? I’ve been on the fence with the N200 for a while now but I’m unsure of any improvements over my A10 since I will be using the dacs in my Lyngdorf. I love the aesthetics though.

• 1 month later...

I think I might be upgrading to the N200 soon. I hope it’s worth it over the A10. 
Does anyone know if the N200 uses the same fuses as the A10?

Have the N200 on order. Quite excited.