IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

It seems that many have paired Aurender with Ayre Qx5 twenty. I’ve purchased/installed their new USB module offering for the N10 and the results are amazing! I no longer am running AES and am using a USB cable and the SQ is superior. It also plays most DSD formats as compared to it predecessor and with the investment.  

new question to the group: typically, when I begin listening to music, there seems to always be a ~5 second skip on the first track; usually every-time. Anybody else experience this anomaly? If so, what fixed it?

Aurender N10 (USB or AES - happens on both)> Ayre QX5 Twenty > Audio Research LS28 > Ayre VX5 > Vandersteen Quatro. 

Thanks,

Ken

• 8 months later...

@Vangelis - If you're comparing the N20 to the Innuos Zenith M2, then the word on the street is that the N20 is a great upgrade over the N10 but find very little comparing the two side by side. @newbie suggests that the Innuos Statement is their flagship with other products in the space to provide you with a total solutions + it can serve as a Roon server which Aurender on a whole can not... So the questions comes down to SQ, I think you'll be very happy with the N20 but if you want to use it for Roon, you may have to look for a another solution. As an FYI, I prefer the Aurender "on it's own Island" approach and like their app because it's simple and gives you everything you need. As a further FYI, Roon and it's frequent updates annoys me because when it comes down to it, all I want to do is listen to music.

@newbie's comparison of a N20 v. statement should had been a Statement v. W20SE which are both their top of the line models.

Hope this helps....

Ken

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello; been reading through with great interest because I'm toying with the idea of getting a N20 (or GRIMM MU1). My only criticism of the comparisons is that you're piggie backing ROON to the Aurender software which may/may not be problematic. I had an N10 (via USB) to an Ayre QX5 twenty and compared it to an Intel NUC (running ROON server) via WIFI to the Ayre QX5 twenty. Note that Roon was set without an EQ or DSP settings and found that the SQ was the same. I A/B'ed it for hours with Miles's "Kind of Blue", sample frequencies, and a few more complex recordings. All were HD if that matters. There were no differences between the two; yes I said it twice. I'm happy to answer questions as I have conducted tests for quite some time and found pleasure in listening to music on an AM radio ;-)