IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, kipdent said:

Hello, Aurender Forum members, and Happy Holidays!

First, I wanted to say I have learned so much from so many of you here and want to express my gratitude. Thank you.

Next, I suspect I am part of a tiny subset of Aurender users who uses the RAVENNA protocol over Ethernet with Merging Technologies' NADAC as my DAC. I would very much like to connect with anyone else on this Forum who does the same. Even if we only exchange private messages I think it would be beneficial to learn best practices from one another or share how any challenges were overcome. I hope to hear from some of you!

kipdent

Aurender N100C with 8TB Samsung SSD

Merging Technologies NADAC

Hi Kipdent, I use an Aurender with my Merging HAPI Mk2 DAC, via Ravenna. Aurender is far ahead of the curve on this one, with support for Ravenna. Ravenna is rock solid. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Len44 said:

Need some help, please.  A30 was alive and well until last night.  I ripped three CDs, then went to play some music -- no dice.  All appears well, but not getting output to pre-amp and amps.  All had been fine before.  song selections appear to be playing. 

Also have "HDD" in upper left corner of screen, which I do not recall before.

Questions?  Any assistance would be Greatly Appreciated.  Exception out of town guests tomorrow, and had been eager to show off   my music stuff, so of course this happens now.

Oh no! We have to get this working before your guests arrive!

If the Aurender says it's playing, and the time is ticking up as the song is playing, I would take a step back and look at the basics first. I don't want to sound ramedial here, but I've done this as well. Make sure your cables are all connected. Preamp is on and on the right input. Amps are on and not in mute etc....

Reboot every piece of gear. 

I've run into hundreds of issues with hundreds of pieces of gear over the years. 99% of the time, the problem is much simpler to resolve than I originally suspect.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

51 minutes ago, djd828 said:

Just picked up a used N100H to replace my Mac Mini strictly to play my files through an Esoteric N-05XD DAC/streamer.  All flac and DSD files play perfectly, but 24-bit WAV and aiff files are horribly distorted with major static.    MP3 files will not play at all---no output at all from the DAC to the amp.  As soon as I start playing an MP3 file. the Esoteric DAC starts flashing a USB message like it is waiting for a signal.   The MP3 file shows that it is playing on the N100H.  As soon as I click on a flac or DSD file in the Aurender Conductor, the Esoteric connects again and everything is fine.  

I am on the latest Aurender firmware and Conductor app.

I connected the Aurender to my Sony TA-ZH1ES headphone DAC/Amp and it works perfectly with all files.   So, it seems there is a driver issue between the Aurender and Esoteric--but it doesnt affect all file formats.  I was wondering if anyone else uses their Aurender with Esoteric DACs.  If so, are you having any issues?

I have a support case open with Aurender, but I am not sure how long it will take for them to respond.

DO you kow which USB chip is used in the Esoteric? Does it usually require drivers be installed on computers?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, coot said:

Power outage today knocked out my N100H. Upon rebooting I find there is no ip address to assign and a don't have a record of it. When I search this forum for "find aurender ip address", all responses are to click on NAS in the Conductor app and the ip address will pop up. It does not. That only result in a response of "Connect to Aurender first". I can't check for software update because that also results in the same "connect first" response.

Any help appreciated!

Try getting to the display on the actual unit. It will show you. You may have to hold down play or something on the unit. 

6 minutes ago, coot said:

Affirmative 

There is a nuclear option that will reset it. It can usually be done by powering off via rear switch, once off hold down the power button on front, then flipp the power switch to on, remain holding front power until you see the display come on. 

This will probably delete all your stuff though. 

13 minutes ago, coot said:

Would that leave the Aurender system intact with ip and able to be restored with my backup disk(s). I don't have much music on it as I use for Qobuz 80% of my listening.

My thinking is that if you don’t have an ip address, Aurender can’t remote connect to it. It seems the only option is to do something on the hardware, like a reset. 

I only speak for myself here, definitely not for Aurender. 

If the reset works and the Aurender is OK, you’ll be back to the day you unboxed it. Restore your music etc. 

17 minutes ago, Del Glasspool said:

Hi All,

Newby here. I have just purchased a second hand A10 but I have been unable to connect via the Conductor app - it recognizes my A10 on the network but when I click connect it will not connect. Having read in the app it appears my A10 may still be assigned the IP from the previous owner, as my android device has a different IP to the A10?

I was thinking I need to do a factory re-set but as I am unable to access the A10 and settings I cannot troubleshoot.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this please?

Regards

Del

Hi Del, I’d follow the advice of Aurender on this one, quoted below. 

On 2/24/2023 at 8:57 PM, AurenderAmerica said:

@cootplease contact Aurender support at [email protected] or 888-367-0840

Please do NOT do the recovery procedure recommended in the last post. Probably, all that is needed is power cycling the router and the Aurender. If that doesn’t work, we can methodically troubleshoot.

You didn’t buy an Aurender to be left to forum-based support, you bought it to receive white glove service when needed. Let us provide that for you by seeking support through the proper channel! We’re here to help.

2 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

What a great post.  Of course I want to try that lovely clock. I don’t, however, have the technical capabilities you do. I am using the W20SE too, feeding the Nagra Tube DAC, which feeds a Luxman C 900u.  If I put my hands on the clock you mentioned, how would I best connect it all?

Ideally all the digital components support word clock input. Then the clock makes the most sense. Given your Nagra doesn't have this word clock input, you'd only be clocking the W20SE with a potentially more accurate clock. I haven't tried such a configuration, so I really can't comment on the efficacy of it. 

6 hours ago, jmhbpc said:

Hello,

New to the forum, but have a few long standing questions about the performance Mac OS vs Aurender server.

To start, unable to glean a post here regarding the poor, virtually impossible, ability for Mac OS to search and find files, or folder names etc

If by chance someone knows this topic has been discussed, please refer.

Otherwise my first question: what is the inherent conflict between the Mac and Aurender platforms?

Aside from the ability to find a file only within the folder that it actually exists 

Mac OS seems completely unable to search and find data.

Thanks for any hints

Can you explain this a bit more? I use all of the mentioned stuff but am not sure what you mean. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Awhile back Aurender mentioned all the improvements and ideas about software/firmware that they were discussing internally.  However, to my knowledge, nothing has been released/changed since then.  Any word on progress?

I talked to Ari, Eric, and Harry about this over the weekend at Axpona. Good things coming for sure. I heard about some of them. The team is really careful about announcing timelines for software releases.

4 minutes ago, Anonamemouse said:

Audio switches" are snake oil. It's '0' or '1'.

Any switch will do the job. 

An interesting position to take for someone who presumably uses a high end digital server that outputs a 0 or 1 😊

5 minutes ago, Anonamemouse said:

Completely useless feature. Whatever is on your Aurender player (or any other player for that matter) should be a backup from your files that you have on a NAS, and not the other way around

I know this is what Aurender says, but the one issue is ACS with metadata editing. Editing the backup copy, and not the gold copy, via the ACS app, isn’t the best route. You’d have to then edit the gold copy using a different tool.  

22 minutes ago, Noushy said:

looks cool but i cant see justifying what they want over say the DCS clocks or in my case the MSB clock upgrades.  I would rather spend the money on a company that makes DACs versus servers.  I know DCS makes a great clock no interest in that one?

Noushy

My dCS clock was sent to Axpona because they needed it for the show, but will be back here in a week. I have interest in all of them, and I see your point about the expense and sticking with a manufacturer known for this stuff. I'm looking forward to testing the MC20, and even using the 10MHz output of the MC20 to feed the dCS clock. The Rubidium module in the MC20 is really neat.