IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, steveoat said:

Each disc in the box set is in its own folder.  They are subfolders under the name of the box set, i.e. The Complete Joe Smith.  Then you have disc 1, disc 2, ... until disc 50.  Are you saying that I should take all the subfolders out of the main folder and see each as a disc.  Seems rather inelegant.

Sub folders should work just the same. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

35 minutes ago, Anonamemouse said:

This is my Depeche Mode singles box. 

One main folder with every single in its own subfolder. Every single has artwork as "folder.jpg" and embedded. As you can see they all have their own artwork.

IMG_0005.thumb.PNG.df930159f52577dce272d2af10c79c7a.PNG

I think that the main folder should only have subfolders in it, and no artwork whatsoever. 

And unfortunately you will need to perform a full new scan with every change... Aurender is stubborn when it comes to updating the database. 

You beat me to it. Thanks for he screenshot. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

12 minutes ago, steveoat said:

I tried your suggestion.  I took out any artwork from the main folder.  For each subfolder, I only kept the front cover embedded art in it.  However, this did not work.  I just see one album cover and all the individual albums listed under the cover such as 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, etc.  I don't get individual icons for each individual cover as you do above.  Does anyone else have other ways they have made this work.  Can someone from Aurender chime in on this?

I think I'm lost as to what you're trying to achieve. Not your fault, likely mine. 

I have the Beatles USB Apple box set. The folder structure is Beatles > USB Apple > Album Name > Track Name. 

All the albums appear as if they are separate albums, with their own album art etc... Along with my other Beatles albums. 

Question: Are you trying to create another level of navigation, that shows the box set, then the individual albums? 

beatles.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

@steveoat Yeah, that's a huge library...like, top 1% of Aurender users. It's gonna take some time to scan a library like that on any platform, especially one like Aurender that is willing to eschew the fastest most powerful CPUs available in favor of achieving much better sound quality. 

Is there a reason why someone would do a full scan rather than run the much shorter scan for changes?

I know I’ve done both but it’s more of a testing thing and trying to break it type thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it’s time again for my niche feature requests for Aurender. As I continue down my Atmos, immersive, and multichannel music journey, I am continually reminded of the early days of computer audio. It’s the Wild West. 

My dream request is for an Aurender that supports multichannel output via USB or Ravenna (preferably Ravenna), convolution filters, and a file format like Wave64, CAF, or WavPack because they support more than 8 channels and file sizes larger than 4GB (if needed). 

This would be the only server to support such features. Currently, if one wants to do this stuff, s/he must use a Mac or Windows machine. There’s nothing wrong with that approach, but it sure is nice to fire up Conductor and press play without thinking about what could go wrong. 

I’m playing 6, 8, and 12 channel PCM files now. The decoding is already done, so Aurender doesn’t need any Atmos or DTS decoder. 

Plus, hopefully music streaming services will offer Atmos content through hardware partners such as Aurender soon. 

OK, that’s my feature request for tonight. 

2 hours ago, PrTv said:

In your N20 review, you said the N20 matched particularly well with Schiit Yggdrasil and you seemed to like this combo very much. I also saw that you also paired the N20 with the Terminator 2. I couldn't find your details comment about the synergy of this pairing in the review and in comment section. Can you comment on this? Comparing with the Yggdrasil, how do you think the N20 fared with the Terminator 2? Was this pairing brighter than usual / or did it sound bright comparing with the Yggdrasil?

I have no way to test the N20 with my setup and have to buy blind, so with its high price, it's better to find as much information as I can.

Thanks

Yes, the N20 and Yggy are a great match. Thinking about this makes me want to listen to them right now :~)

The Terminator II and N20 is a different story. This wouldn't be my first choice pairing. I believe to get the best out of a Terminator, it should be paired with HQPlayer and the audio should be processed to 20 bits for PCM or DSD256 for DSD. The N20 can do limited upsampling, but that's not its main strength. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Anonamemouse said:

The FLAC codec was updated not too long ago, and even though it's not incompatible with existing versions, it will most likely have improved something. So I wondered...

And I meant ALAC (and every other supported audio codec), TIFF indeed is for images (graphics guy here...)

Updating a codec on a server like an Aurender would be extremely easy. The beauty of running Linux and an open codec. It’s just a software update. 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

Your best option would be to add an ACS100 or ACS10 as a storage hub. ACS100 has 2 x 2.5" bays where you can install another 2 8TB SSDs, BYO drives. Or, ACS10 ships with 2 8TB HDDs built in, plus it has Aurender's hallmark isolated USB Audio port and a beautifully quiet power supply if you have a second system where you may want to use Aurender as your source. 

I second this approach. Integrating the content on an ACS with another Aurender server is very simple and works very well. 

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, steveoat said:

I just bought an ACS100 and installed 1 8 TB SSD Drive (Music 1).  I also have an N200 with two separate 8 TB Hard drives (Music 1 and Music 2).  Want to make sure everything is set up correctly.  I can see both aurenders on my network.  On my N200, I see the two internal drives (Music 1 and Music 2) and it looks like I am sharing files with the ACS100 as I can search within the N200 and am able to locate the files on my ACS100.  However, on my ACS100, I can see the files on Music 1 on the ACS100, but my shared files only seem to include the ACS100 files.  I am not able to search for any of the files of my N200 on my ACS100.

I was under the impression that a shared database is created for all the aurenders on my system.  This seems to be the case for the N200, but I don't see the shared database on the ACS100.  Am I doing something wrong in my configuration, or is this supposed to be how things work?

It’s working as it’s designed. ACS is a centralized source. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, edje said:

Anybody with an opinion about this, especially a modern 5K dac in comparison with the 8 year old 15K TAD dac?

The TAD electronics are pretty rare. I’d be very surprised if many people have actually heard that DAC, let alone spent enough time with it to render an opinion. 

I had the DAC here many years ago, but wasn’t that impressed. 

13 minutes ago, Noushy said:

I have to agree short of DCS or MSB a 5+ year old DAC based on sigma delta chips will be outdated.  The tech world moves that fast.  ESS has had 2 or 3 upgrades over that time alone in chips.  Best is to try and get a friend with a newer DAC comparable in price to make a comparison.

Noushy

You have to be careful here though. Two channel performance in DAC chips isn’t updated much. Most new chips are maximizing everything related to power usage, several channels, DSP, etc… Many manufacturers use older DAC chips because they were “the best” for the purposes of the specific products. 

That said, it does help to look at specifics when comparing DACs and chips. With two DACs in mind, it’s much easier. 

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

As many of you know, a new Conductor app for iPhone and Android has been under development for some time. Beta version 3.0.11 has just been released and we would like to invite you all to join our public Beta Testing Program. 

If you are interested in testing and providing feedback, please join our forum at betatest.aurender.com

Instructions to install beta versions of the app for your device can be found here:

Please take some time to play with the new app, and report and bugs & issues by creating a new "topic" under the Phone App 3.0.11 Beta Release Candidate category. 

We hope you enjoy the new app! More to come...

Nice!!!

• 1 month later...

To me, the simplest thing to do is keep the main copy on an Aurender, and back that up automatically via NAS. If you edit files, metadata, album art, etc… on the Aurender, you don’t have to do anything else. It’s automatically backed up to the NAS. 

Sure, you could reverse this, but without gaining anything. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, barbz said:

For someone not experienced with aurender could someone please confirm if there is a windows client to control playback and the library? Looking on their website gives me the impression that this no longer exists.

Also is there an ability to load convolution filters directly and use the aurender outputs? I've seen the article here where this is possible using a external service/computer.

Thankyou

No Windows client and no support for convolution. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Koso said:

After latest (current) firmware update on my N100H, HDD icon on the display is still white as on the photo, indicates hdd operating, even if hdd is idle (when I can hear that hdd is not spinning). Icon never goes gray as before. Soft restart or hard ON/ OFF cycle not helping. Is it known bug, or is something wrong with my unit? Anyone noticed the same?

6D909C7F-419C-4477-8235-5CB6571D7F00.jpeg

I don't see the issue on N20 with an SSD.