IGNORED

Geek Pulse DAC & Headphone Amp x/f/i (Infinity) & LPS -4 & Cable Presale

These are supposed to ship in mid to late February. This has the upgraded THD package, naked resistors and the hand matching of the components. Comes with the matching LPS-4 linear power supply with four power ports and "clean" U.B.S. in and out ports, and 1G cable. I have decided not to go with a headphone DAC/ Amp as originally planned. (I don't own any headphones. ) See my 14 years of feedback on Audiogon as slingshot and 16 years of feedback on EBay as wicket 2000.

Will ship insured via UPS Ground, signature required, to continental U.S. $1,800. Would prefer bank check/ treasurer's check to avoid excessive PayPal fees.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.

See my 14 years of feedback on Audiogon as slingshot and 16 years of feedback on EBay as wicket 2000.

Believe me, it's not your reputation people need to worry about--it's Light Harmonic's. I have a Geek Pulse, and like everyone else's, it works about 50% of the time. The firmware is VERY buggy. Sounds great when it plays though. ;)

Believe me, it's not your reputation people need to worry about--it's Light Harmonic's. I have a Geek Pulse, and like everyone else's, it works about 50% of the time. The firmware is VERY buggy. Sounds great when it plays though. ;)

Superdad is right.

And Larry Ho's Lab is now raising cash again they are up to $50 big ones.

For $1800 you can get the Vi DAC which from their description, makes the Pulse xfi sound broken. High priase.

For $1800, it is a tempting 50% off the MSRP - that is definitely the most tempting deal at this moment in time.

For you, it may not be all bad news as Pulse can upgrade to the Vi dac - which is more than a fair deal for those who contributed to the Pulse and now dont want the Pulse.

Less and less: Ikeda 9TS with Kuzma Stogi Ref and Vendetta Phono => Lamm L2 Ref & Lamm 2.2 => Tidal Piano Cera.

More and more: Mac Book Pro Retina (mid-2014) with 128GB SSD: with Audirvana 2.0) and all the while auditioning different DACs.

(something small and sometimes portable - she who must not be named demands it).

dp

Less and less: Ikeda 9TS with Kuzma Stogi Ref and Vendetta Phono => Lamm L2 Ref & Lamm 2.2 => Tidal Piano Cera.

More and more: Mac Book Pro Retina (mid-2014) with 128GB SSD: with Audirvana 2.0) and all the while auditioning different DACs.

(something small and sometimes portable - she who must not be named demands it).

For $1800 you can get the Vi DAC which from their description, makes the Pulse xfi sound broken. High priase.

For $1800, it is a tempting 50% off the MSRP - that is definitely the most tempting deal at this moment in time.

For you, it may not be all bad news as Pulse can upgrade to the Vi dac - which is more than a fair deal for those who contributed to the Pulse and now dont want the Pulse.

Well, it is not. Vi Dac is just the new name of the Geek Soul, which was nothing but a Geek Pulse Xfi and a Geek LPS in the same, newly designed case. That being said, I don't like the new case (it looks like something Darth Vader would own) and the components slingshot has up for sale are smaller and more versatile (in the case of the LPS4, which can power up to 4 components I believe).

Well, it is not. Vi Dac is just the new name of the Geek Soul, which was nothing but a Geek Pulse Xfi and a Geek LPS in the same, newly designed case. That being said, I don't like the new case (it looks like something Darth Vader would own) and the components slingshot has up for sale are smaller and more versatile (in the case of the LPS4, which can power up to 4 components I believe).

Yes Kostaszag, you are right. It is better to have two components, so for example, if you want to upgrade a DAC in the future you can still keep the LSP 4, which does power four components/ cards, etc. That's why I don't see the point of buying $8,000 music servers, all in one units, that will be obsolete some day unless the DAC can be upgraded somehow.

You could keep the LPS-4 forever. In fact, I have decided for the little money I am asking for it, I would be foolish to sell it. So I am closing this thread and starting a new one just for the DAC so I don't confuse anyone.

Roon software, Lenovo TS 440 server, IPad Air 2 for remote control and Dell 2340T display, Dell Latitude 7140 tablet (Windows 8.1, 256 SSD and 8 GB RAM) with Dell docking station, Aqua Hifi LaScala mk ii DAC, Allnic L 5000 DHT preamp, Shaker Logic Attune with two outputs for the amplifiers, Vitus SS-101 mk ii amp, Bosendorfer VC-7 speakers and Focal Sub Utopia Be subwoofer.