IGNORED

Anyone know anything about Alex (sandyk)?

esldude

Well said.

Still your procedure s*cks. Mine takes 5 days. Might be dead after that, but at least it works out.

PS: Always play different ones in such period.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

So let me get this straight. Alex should be performing "double blind" tests with an ABX format, no fewer than ten samples, preferably more, with no more than 20 seconds with each (about right, word on the street). If he can statistically significantly demonstrate greater "gate" in his giddy-up, that is is the better nurse option? Am I missing something key here? What if he can't make it to the third test due to "fatigue" in the allotted time? What if he can just see or feel a difference but no performance difference can be detected? Heck, what if the nurse is a witch? Does that make Alex a newt (even if he gets better)?

Hi John

Where does, "Can it be measured?" fit in with the above? :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

So let me get this straight. Alex should be performing "double blind" tests with an ABX format, no fewer than ten samples, preferably more, with no more than 20 seconds with each (about right, word on the street). If he can statistically significantly demonstrate greater "gate" in his giddy-up, that is is the better nurse option? Am I missing something key here? What if he can't make it to the third test due to "fatigue" in the allotted time? What if he can just see or feel a difference but no performance difference can be detected? Heck, what if the nurse is a witch? Does that make Alex a newt (even if he gets better)?

Does it matter which hand? Or, if ummm..., experimental, which foot?

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

Well said.

Still your procedure s*cks. Mine takes 5 days. Might be dead after that, but at least it works out.

PS: Always play different ones in such period.

Understood, but you haven't just had back surgery. I don't think we can hold Alex to such a rigorous standard.

Hi John

Where does, "Can it be measured?" fit in with the above? :)

Allan, I'm the one asking the questions...that said, do we need to worry about up-sampling and compression?

Does it matter which hand? Or, if ummm..., experimental, which foot?

Everything matters....

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

Hi Alex,

I have been away for a bit, and have not visited CA for awhile. Anyway, I wish you all the best for 2015; a swift recovery obviously being #1.

There is one line in the movie "The long kiss goodnight" that I really like: "May the best from your past be the worst in your future". That is something I would like to extend to all CA-members as well.

Regards,

Peter

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)