IGNORED

New Zuma CAPs version Extra Small Please

I'm very interested in purchasing the Micro Zuma as the Audio PC for my system. I've looked at many of the designs for Audio PCs on this site. Most seem to favor using separate linear PSUs for the SSD drives, the usb drives, etc.

But with the MicroZuma and the HD Plex PSU the entire pc has its own dedicated linear psu with the option of running the SOTM usb from the extra tap from the HDPlex unit.

So which is better? If the Micro Zuma with HDPlex PSU powers the entire PC are there any drawbacks to this design. I like its simplicity.

Thanks,

Steven

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

I have the exact rig you are describing, I did have to step down the spare tap from 12V to 9V to use it for the SOtM USB card. All I can say is that it sounds great, I don't have anything else to compare it to (other than an Oppo BDP-95 which it blows away, but then that's not entirely fair). So far it has delivered on everything I have thrown at it (ripping vinyl, ripping CDs (you will need an external CD drive), converting ISO2DSD, running HQPlayer which is converting to DSD on the fly, managing file libraries, etc).

I got it from Small Green Computer, great guys, very helpful.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800