IGNORED

HQ Player

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can be the same new version license of the HQPlayer Desktop be used for Mac, Windows and Linus?

I'm testing the 4.6.0 trial with Unbutu Studio and the sound is better than Mac and Windows!

My DAC goes to DSD512, but with Windows 10 Pro new releases + Asio and Mac OS go only to DSD256!

I'm comparing the three versions with Parallels and now I understand why Miska's preference is Linux!

On 4/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, Miska said:

Price is now the same for both HQPlayer Embedded and HQPlayer Desktop. 199 EUR net, while previous version has been running 119 EUR net for years. But now you get all three platforms covered at once.

Unfortunately there's just a limit how far single person can stretch and I would love to be able to hire a student to help out on some of the things. That would enable more things to happen at faster pace.

Sorry for my previous question Miska...

Checking back I saw now we get all three platforms (Mac, Linux and Windows) with only one license!

9 hours ago, Zauurx said:

This is not what I understood: a license for a version and one OS.
So HQP Desktop 4 on win10 and HQP 4 Embedded on Linux = 2 licenses.

https://www.signalyst.com/webshop.html

HQP Desktop 4 and HQP 4 Embedded are two products, so two licenses, however when we buy HQP Desktop 4 it will play for Mac, Windows or Linux, in my case I'm testing with Unbutu Studio recommended by Miska as the best platform for sound quality and I'm agreeing!

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

Definately confirmed working in Windows, DAC 8 DSD display confirming DSD512.

I downloaded the driver today, so don't know how it compares with older versions.  Windows Home 10 (all latest updates installed).  Perhaps you're thinking about the DSD 128 limitation under Linux?

I was thinking with Windows 10, not Linux...

Is that a special custom driver specific for T+A?

Does WASAPI/DSD512 sound better than ASIO/DSD512?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Miska said:

Improved in which sense? Can you describe what is missing/wrong from the Client?

Better library view..., something like JRiver or Audirvana view! By the way, album view in client is confusing with so many info...

No other software player sounds so good as HQPlayer in Mac, Win or Linux, but it deserves a better GUI in my modest point of view.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 5:31 PM, Miska said:

Unless you limit it to lower rate in Preferences, or the DAC itself is limited to lower, it should work fine. For example 705.6/768k (and thus DSD256) works fine with RME ADI-2 and Holo Audio Spring 2 on macOS.

It also works at 1411.2/1536k PCM with Spring 2, but only up to 16-bit, which is not an issue thanks to noise shapers. :)

Three questions about Holo Audio Spring 2:

If it goes to DSD1024 native, why not DSD512 on Mac OS?

Did you try NOS mode with DSD1024 tracks converted with HQPlayer Pro?

How it sounds OS versus NOS mode?

P.S.: Mine is Oppo Sonica DAC PCM 768k and DSD512 (native)!

28 minutes ago, Miska said:

Not much, I've been mostly playing DSD1024 with realtime conversion using lighter modulators than EC. But I prefer to use EC modulators at DSD256 instead. Converting my entire library to DSD1024 with EC modulators is too time consuming effort for me right now.

Why not an automatic batch mode?

BTW is DSD1024, ASDM7EC & Sinc-L the best combination?