these are the settings:

image.png.6753be830790b55cd490081ff19cd9f0.png

log:

HQPlayer4Desktop.log

HQPlayer4Desktop.log

streaming from Qobuz

9 hours ago, Miska said:

Problem is here:

! 2019/09/10 19:28:26 clHQPlayerEngine::Execute(): clStreamReaderHTTP::Read(): read timeout

Roon is not providing data and HQPlayer times out.

Other than that, playback doesn't exactly match with those settings. Playback is at DSD128 while output mode in settings is set to "[source]". So output mode is being switched externally.

yes, changed from source to sdm from hplayer4client.

so it's a roon problem?

but with hqplayer3 it works well....

in fact the scroll bar in roon, with hqp3 it moves with hqp4 no, probably there is an error just at the recognition of the lengths of the tracks

8 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, it is either Roon or network problem. Maybe more to do with slow internet connection or server. Version 3 has the same timeout. Both wait for 10 seconds and if there's no data coming in 10 seconds it gives up waiting. You could try if you can reproduce the same problem with local content.

For me, the playback position indicator works with v4. Roon doesn't know how to control most of HQPlayer things, so check that you have position indicator set to "Time" in HQPlayer.

P.S. I have not seen such problems with Roon using local content or Tidal. I cannot test Qobuz because the service is not available in Finland.

yes, the problem was the "Time" set to Remain

• 5 months later...
12 minutes ago, rossco said:

Hi @Miska

I wanted to pick your brains! I have had some issues with my Allo USBridge Signature player as I have been hearing pops/crackles. I have been in discussion with Allo for a while now and have posted on the Signature thread. They have made lots of changes and as a result have released a new version of Dietpi  (6.26.3) recently. Lots of pops recently, and less now after their changes.

On their request (they wanted to see if I get pops across all sample rates, PCM, DSD etc) I did some testing this week, I was still using Roon (on an Intel i7 NUC) and HQ Player (on my i7 9700 desktop PC) connected over ethernet to the USBridge, itself feeding a Topping D90 DAC over USB.

I found that pops are present in different scenarios, with the first thing noted being they do not appear to be present when upscaling to PCM only to DSD. However the remaining pops, it used to be worse, seem to mainly occur at DSD512, no matter what modulator. When I play at DSD 256 (I have tried DSD7 256+fs, DSDv2, ASDM7EC and ASDM7) I don’t seem to hear them.

Any thoughts on why these pops are more prevalent on DSD 512 but not on DSD 256? Any thoughts how I might eleminate them?

My current settings are

image.thumb.png.edcfa1178628a1bbe0d598de63bf2965.png

are more with dsd512 because the traffic on the network is higher...
try to put a download a file (on the system where you have pops) from the internet while doing upsample dsd256...you see that you have equal pops....
t

• 8 months later...
19 hours ago, Gavin1977 said:

Still playing with my setup...

Steaming from Logitech Media Server to HQPlayer embedded via Linn Kazoo.  Tidal works fine, however most of my local files are in Apple Lossless .m4a and won't play.  What file formats does HQPlayer embedded work with?

I like embedded metadata, so wav is a no go for me.  Does AIFF work?  Or any any method of transcoding any file formal in LMS to send to HQPlayer in wav?

you could use MinimSever and apply the transcoder, so you can also listen to online radio if it makes sense....I have never tried but it should work

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, chipvn said:

@Zauurx you made me curious how much resources my CM4 USBridge Sig (running as NAA only on GentooPlayer64) consumes in comparison with the cleaned "Exclusive Mode" of the Zen Steam

I temporarily enabled ssh to run htop for a quick check and below screenshot is the result for reference:

I don't enable ssh at all when playing so it will use a bit lesser resource daily, I think. 😅

GentooPlayer64 - Iddle.JPG

this is just started...havaged disappears after a few seconds...
if you disable the WI (even temporarily webstop) you don't have those /usr/lib/python-exec....

46 minutes ago, chipvn said:

I realized that the load created by NAA 4.2.0 on the CPU1 is not constant. It was like a sine wave from 2% to about 45%. Is it a normal behavior? 

It is not networkaudiod that is responsible, or rather not directly, it is the interrput on the usb that requires more resources with the RT kernel, and in your case with a 800MHz cpu limit the percentage seems even higher...

and you seem to be using a profile, in which case the load is not distributed but dedicated...

but i think we're going quite OT... 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Luca72c said:

Hello antonellocaroli, is there a way to update NAA version? As being Gentooplayer for BBB discontinued, i can't use the update functionalities from the web interface (as without script updates they fail)...

No, I don't think you can, that's a system that hasn't been updated for a long time now, so I don't think the latest versions of networkaudiod will work on that system.

if you want you can try, you should enter from the shell and give the following commands:

rc-service networkaudiod stop
cd /tmp
wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/bullseye/networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf.deb
ar x networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf.deb
tar xf data.tar.xz
usr/sbin/networkaudiod

check the messages in the shell...
unfortunately I no longer have that system at hand, and cannot help you any more.

1 minute ago, Luca72c said:

Here is the command session:

GentooPlayerBBB ~ # rc-service networkaudiod stop
 * Stopping networkaudiod ...  

GentooPlayerBBB ~ # cd /tmp

GentooPlayerBBB /tmp # wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/bullseye/networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf.deb
--2023-11-02 18:42:00--  https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/bullseye/networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf.deb
Resolving www.signalyst.eu... 91.150.61.42
Connecting to www.signalyst.eu|91.150.61.42|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 220756 (216K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf.deb’

networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf. 100%[================================================>] 215.58K   480KB/s    in 0.4s    

2023-11-02 18:42:01 (480 KB/s) - ‘networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf.deb’ saved [220756/220756]

GentooPlayerBBB /tmp # tar xf data.tar.xz usr/sbin/networkaudiod
tar: data.tar.xz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

you are not giving the commands as I posted them, before tar there is another command

9 hours ago, Luca72c said:

Ah, sorry but my eyes are becoming every day worse in reading...

That's the last commands results:

GentooPlayerBBB /tmp # ar x networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf.deb

GentooPlayerBBB /tmp # tar xf data.tar.xz

GentooPlayerBBB /tmp # usr/sbin/networkaudiod
[usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4243): networkaudiod Copyright (C) 2011-2023 Jussi Laako / Signalyst. All rights reserved.
[usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4243): create alsa engine
[usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4243): listen discovery on ::
[usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (4243): listen discovery on 0.0.0.0

After the last command, the cursor stays at the beginning of next line, without the "GentooPlayerBBB" line header (i can write anyway, but commands are not executed).

What should i do? It's ok?

Then if it works, restart the BBB and repeat the operation with a couple more commands:

rc-service networkaudiod stop
cd /tmp
wget https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/bullseye/networkaudiod_4.5.0-57_armhf.deb
tar xf data.tar.xz
cp -R usr/sbin/networkaudiod /usr/sbin/
rc-update add netwokaudiod
rc-service networkaudiod start

you should be OK now.