IGNORED

HQ Player

39 minutes ago, bogi said:

Virtual Audio Cable on Windows allows to set sample rate range so it is able to adapt. It supports WASAPI so my guess is it could be used with any streaming app with WASAPI output to connect it to NAA input. But I never tried how it would work with NAA.

But WASAPI has no way of telling rate changes to the recording application. WASAPI, just like most other audio API's expect that recording application sets sampling rate and then it doesn't change on the fly. (USB Audio Class has similar fault, rate for both input and output is set by the Host device)

ASIO is the only one that actually supports rate slaving so that application can know the rate has changed. And only few hardware and ASIO drivers that support recording support this.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 3/2/2023 at 3:04 PM, Miska said:

Yes, that is certainly one aspect. And the two 7054's are in my case connected to Intel chipset motherboard PC. And the 7055-C is connected to AMD B550 chipset motherboard (Ryzen 7 5800X machine). So source side is different too.

I have both the Intona 7055-C and the Ifi galvanic 3.0.  
don’t ask me why but they both sound different and I have to say I prefer the Ifi.  

go figure 

I'm trying to use HQP convolver with correction files generated in Audiolense. The process is pretty straightforward in Roon, I just load my cfg file and it works. In HQP, I'm completely at lost, I have no idea how to set it up.

Here is my cfg file. 2 mains subs + 2 subs . It's a 2.1 setup and not a 2.2, the 2 subs are summed as one.

96000 2 6 0
0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
C:\Users\ratte\Documents\Juice Hifi\Audiolense 6.16\Correction\JBL_MONO_96.wav

Any help would be appreciated !  Thanks !

Sorry, wrong config file. Here's the good one :

96000 2 6 0
0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
C:\Users\ratte\Documents\Juice Hifi\Audiolense 6.16\Correction\JBL_MONO_HQTEST0_96.wav
C:\Users\ratte\Documents\Juice Hifi\Audiolense 6.16\Correction\JBL_MONO_HQTEST1_96.wav
C:\Users\ratte\Documents\Juice Hifi\Audiolense 6.16\Correction\JBL_MONO_HQTEST4_96.wav
C:\Users\ratte\Documents\Juice Hifi\Audiolense 6.16\Correction\JBL_MONO_HQTEST5_96.wav
C:\Users\ratte\Documents\Juice Hifi\Audiolense 6.16\Correction\JBL_MONO_HQTEST6_96.wav
C:\Users\ratte\Documents\Juice Hifi\Audiolense 6.16\Correction\JBL_MONO_HQTEST7_96.wav

20 minutes ago, Schafheide said:

When you say filename - which file should I input? My downloads directory has a folder "hqplayerdesktop 4.21.1-105_amd64"

Assuming you are in Terminal and gone to the directory (cd command) that the file was downloaded, the file name should be something like:

hqplayer4desktop_4.21.1-106avx2_amd64.deb

If you are new to Ubuntu and Terminal, might be better to use File Manger and right click on file as noted above.

12 hours ago, Nkam said:

you mean it didn’t connect or didn’t clean up the usb signal?

didn’t do what it was advertised to do?

On my testing, computer failed to find the DAC once connected through it.

So far of the isolator things I've tested, only Intona has worked from objective perspective by improving measurement results from the DAC outputs.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:42 PM, Miska said:

No, and Tidal doesn't have any plans to support HQPlayer. They pretty much told me to **** *** when I asked.

It probably has to do with MQA.

Better not to support them anyway with their MQA b$, especially if thats their attitude.  Qobuz seems to have better quality anyway. I suspect that everything on Tifal is MQA encoded, even the normal FLACs. There seems to be wide agreement that Qobuz FLAC sounds better 

Hi, @Miska

Would it be possible to have NAA on Android?  Essentially, a way to receive an HQPlayer stream on an Android device?

Aside from my personal interest, I've seen HQPlayer mentioned a number of times over on head-fi, specifically from folks using high quality, portable, Android-based audio players, using USB connection from PC.  Obviously, with a portable player, wireless would be preferable, so I'm curious if it's possible.

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Chris PRaT said:

Would it be possible to have NAA on Android?  Essentially, a way to receive an HQPlayer stream on an Android device?

Aside from my personal interest, I've seen HQPlayer mentioned a number of times over on head-fi, specifically from folks using high quality, portable, Android-based audio players, using USB connection from PC.  Obviously, with a portable player, wireless would be preferable, so I'm curious if it's possible.

Technically yes, it is sort of possible. But not very easy. As so far by definition NAA doesn't have any GUI. It is not "application", it is just more like a low level OS service. I could make an empty "application shell" around it, so it would look like a rudimentary application.

Android has pretty limited interface towards audio devices, but it is sort of doable.

However, best would be to hack those Android devices to run something similar to NAA OS, ditching 99% of the code in Android. So getting rid of all the graphical stuff, so that there is only very small core OS and NAA, and nothing else. You would just get a black screen and nothing else. Preferably the all the display hardware turned off (those are bigest source of noise in such devices).

Android is built on top of ancient Linux kernel version. So essentially you would have only Linux kernel and the NAA executable which needs very little on top of Linux kernel (that's what NAA OS essentially is).

Does anyone here use a Gustard A26 or R26 with HQplayer?

im asking because I’ve had the worst experience with Topping 

just the cheapest quality and bad sound.   Good measurements tho.  

the Gustards look built a bit more robustly and traditionally.   

Do they differ a lot from the Topping sound?   
i characterize the topping sound as , no weight to it, bad timbre and just thin. 

thanks in advance.  

I sm into 100 hours with my new Gustard A26 with a Gustard U18 DDC And with a AfterDark Queen 10mhz Master Clock slaved to the U18. The Queen had been powered on for abt 50hours!

The Mini-circuits 10.7 50 ohm Sine wave Low Pass Filter will arrive by weekend

Using the abv setup with a Intel 11900k running Hqplayer 4 , I get DSD512 EC7 v2 effortless with most filters w/o CUDA

Couldnt be happier

The A26/U18 packs a powerful smooth SQ punching way above their price bracket

I upgraded fr the A26.. was tempted to go X26 pro and then R26.. also considered Holo Spring Lvl 3 but I worry abt DACs with Class A or hot running Output stages - my A22 XMOS USB died fr heat soak 😱

I had to go U18 USB to I2S - it was a SQ upgrade anyway!

I had heard holo audio dacs run hot ! Heat Soak is a real issue here where I live!

When I read the British Audiophile review on the A26 running cool ( it does!) I pulled the trigger!

I like Gustards with their gutsy output stages SQ is better than my previouds SMSL VMS D1 ( USB also died fr heat soak!!)

Anyway I have a pc 12cm fan on a fan controller and a resistor speed reducer cooling the A22 n now the A26

U will love the Gustard SQ - Full melodic Smooth and powerful thru my Abyss 1266 👍👍👍

Last 2 comments ..

1. A26 USB direct vs U18 usb/i2s ... no fight !! u18 usb /i2s wins hands down

2. My LAN line filter and fiber optic converters hv arrived with 2 Netgear switches .. ( i am waiting for the new Etherregen 2 ??? )  

Will be testing Hqplayer NAA streaming mode on the Gustard A26 over the next weeks

5 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

I upgraded fr the A26.. was tempted to go X26 pro and then R26.. also considered Holo Spring Lvl 3 but I worry abt DACs with Class A or hot running Output stages - my A22 XMOS USB died fr heat soak 😱

I had to go U18 USB to I2S - it was a SQ upgrade anyway!

I had heard holo audio dacs run hot ! Heat Soak is a real issue here where I live!

When I read the British Audiophile review on the A26 running cool ( it does!) I pulled the trigger!

I like Gustards with their gutsy output stages SQ is better than my previouds SMSL VMS D1 ( USB also died fr heat soak!!)

Anyway I have a pc 12cm fan on a fan controller and a resistor speed reducer cooling the A22 n now the A26

U will love the Gustard SQ - Full melodic Smooth and powerful thru my Abyss 1266 👍👍👍

ok now I don’t believe a word you are saying because a British Audiophile reviewed the Gustard R26.  
lol

what are you on about ?