IGNORED

Feeler - Auralic ARK MX+ / Taurus Head Amp / Pre

I have an Auralic ARK MX+ DAC and Taurus head amp / pre. With my personal life as busy as it is, I have almost no time to listen. If I do, it is not the quality listening these components deserve. I am not 100% sure I want to sell them, so I am putting out a feeler to see if there is any interest.

Both components work perfectly. One has a few scratches on the bottom you cannot see in normal use. I can provide more pictures if I have some serious inquiries.

I will also throw in your choice of either MaplShade Audio Isoblocks, or Cardas Myrtle blocks.

I would like to get around $3000 for both. This includes shipping in the continental US, and PayPal fees. So that is out the door pricing. These two retail for $3800 new.

I also have a set of Moon Audio Blue Dragon USB and XLR interconnects that if the price is right I can include.

GoV3jyKPH1KStJgRYbHDNlLXH24eCe8t1p_8kC3JphM.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

So no interest. I am not sure if this is due to price or equipment. Let me know what you would pay?

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Mostly price for me. I would snap them up if I had the budget right now, but the Home Depot is taking precedence on budget matters right now. Darned flooring is quite expensive!

-Paul

So no interest. I am not sure if this is due to price or equipment. Let me know what you would pay?

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Hi. Is this the Taurus MkII?

I believe it is MKI as it does not state MKII on the back. I have emailed Auralic for the differences.

Response from Auralic on difference from MKI and MKII:

"The original TAURUS was designed only workable under 220-240V power supply. The new one is coming with a internal jumper so customers can switch it when they want to travel to a country with different power supply. Beside this, the MKII is optimized for Audeze LCD2 and LCD3"

• 2 months later...

Ok, I will throw out one more offer to see. I am asking $2700 for:

Auralic ARK MX+ DAC

Auralic Taurus Head Amp / Pre

6 Maple Shade Audio Black Isoblock 1s

Moon Audio Blue Dragon 1-3.0 ft-NEUTRIK NC3-B XLR Gold Plated

Moon Audio Blue Dragon USB cable-6 ft-USB A to USB B

This includes shipping to lower 48, Paypal fees, and is out the door pricing. This retails for over $4200 not including shipping and other fees. All you need is some headphones and you have one heck of a head-fi setup.