IGNORED

Blade Runner Soundtrack - 2013 Audio Fidelity Remaster

I just pre-ordered the 2013 Audio Fidelity remaster of the motion picture soundtrack for Blade Runner, in hybrid SACD. Mastering by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio. The SACD is not going to be released until July 16, but the vinyl version is out now.

Has anyone else here on CA pre-ordered the SACD, or better yet, has anyone already purchased the vinyl version?

If anyone has the vinyl version and can comment on the sound quality, I would appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Thanks!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Just have to say, thank you for bringing this to my attention! I didn't know about a 2013 release. Adding this to my list as I can't turn down another reason to revisit this work of art.

PI Audio ÜberBUSS > Synology DS1813+ > TP-Link MC220L > Sonore opticalRendu > Holo Audio Spring DAC L3 > Goldpoint SA1X > Hegel H20 > Salk SoundScape 10's > GIK / PI Audio Group Room Treatments > :)

I just pre-ordered the 2013 Audio Fidelity remaster of the motion picture soundtrack for Blade Runner, in hybrid SACD. Mastering by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio. The SACD is not going to be released until July 16, but the vinyl version is out now.

Has anyone else here on CA pre-ordered the SACD, or better yet, has anyone already purchased the vinyl version?

If anyone has the vinyl version and can comment on the sound quality, I would appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Thanks!

Enjoyed the video clip immensely, thanks!

24/88 PCM converted to DSD is a no-go for me. Would make more sense for the label to ship that 24/88 file over to HD Tracks so I can get it in the native format.

I'm sure the vinyl is great. Gray really has become one of the top vinyl guys. The music works much better as part of the movie IMO, as a stand alone I find it too ambient and the spoken dialog intrusive.

I hope one day there will be a hi-res version taken straight from analog of what I consider the Vangelis masterpiece, Opera Sauvage.

I have some 4 disc Veser Retirement edition from 2007. Curious how this sounds. Would also prefer it in 24/88 if that is the native format. Guess they are thinking that SACD is the easiest way to distribute hi-res content, or at least the most secure...

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this positive review of the vinyl version:

"Blade Runner" Soundtrack Delivers Sonic Fireworks | Analog Planet

Since I don't have a turntable or SACD player, I will be listening to the hybrid cd layer on the SACD.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 4 weeks later...
Enjoyed the video clip immensely, thanks!

24/88 PCM converted to DSD is a no-go for me. Would make more sense for the label to ship that 24/88 file over to HD Tracks so I can get it in the native format.

I'm sure the vinyl is great. Gray really has become one of the top vinyl guys. The music works much better as part of the movie IMO, as a stand alone I find it too ambient and the spoken dialog intrusive.

I hope one day there will be a hi-res version taken straight from analog of what I consider the Vangelis masterpiece, Opera Sauvage.

Robert, I agree that an HD-Track download would be preferable. But, I have a question, I see no where on any of the info that came with the SACD, that the source material was a high quality analog source. In fact, the only reference that I could find says 44.1k, but it is not clear if that is for some of the tracks or all of the tracks.

Nice AD/DA he's using ;-) Shame they didn't go for 24/176.4 though - it works better at that rate (no oversampling filter).

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro