IGNORED

FLAC downloads from CD Baby

I may bite the bullet and download an album/investigate it to see if it is a real lossless file or an upsampled version.

They have downloads? Wonder if they have them for any of the artists Will Ackerman (formerly the originator of Windham Hill) has been recording at his new studio (Imaginary Road Studios | Will Ackerman's Recording Studio)? I bought the CD of The Gathering at CD Baby, but never bothered to look for downloads.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

They have downloads? Wonder if they have them for any of the artists Will Ackerman (formerly the originator of Windham Hill) has been recording at his new studio (Imaginary Road Studios | Will Ackerman's Recording Studio)? I bought the CD of The Gathering at CD Baby, but never bothered to look for downloads.

I was searching for an out of print CD the other day. Amazon had a used one for $120 (not kidding) and CD Baby claims to have a FLAC download for $15. I will probably just download it and see what happens.

No electron left behind.

I have downloaded from there, admittedly not much (2 x Lizanne Knott albums) and experienced no problems at all. I will use them again if there's something I need ;)

Tim

"Songs are really just very interesting things to be doing with the air." - Tom Waits

Main: Custom W10/JRiver/FLAC music server | Rega DAC | Rega Brio-R | MA Bronze2

I was searching for an out of print CD the other day. Amazon had a used one for $120 (not kidding) and CD Baby claims to have a FLAC download for $15. I will probably just download it and see what happens.

Yeah, the asking price for out-of-print cd's can be silly. I was searching for the redbook cd version of Holy Other's "With U" the other day on Amazon. This 2011 release is out of print.

One Amazon seller in California is asking $716, and a seller in Japan is asking $912. Tempting I know.....

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Yeah, the asking price for out-of-print cd's can be silly. I was searching for the redbook cd version of Holy Other's "With U" the other day on Amazon. This 2011 release is out of print.

One Amazon seller in California is asking $716, and a seller in Japan is asking $912. Tempting I know.....

Jesus... I thought $120 was ridiculous.

No electron left behind.

Do they sound like legit lossless?

Yes they do, perfect playback so far to my ears. 16/44.1 FLAC are the files I downloaded. Bitrate varies between 557 and 889, JRiver reports the files as never having skipped during playback. They sound as good as my EAC (V1.0 beta 3) rips.

Tim

"Songs are really just very interesting things to be doing with the air." - Tom Waits

Main: Custom W10/JRiver/FLAC music server | Rega DAC | Rega Brio-R | MA Bronze2

That is a good example. I have had excellent success purchasing used/like new Redbook from Amazon for around $5 each. The cost of a download would have to compete with that or be a Hi Res download for a competitive price.