IGNORED

New Album with the Keith Jarrett Standards trio released on May 24

From July 2009, so relatively recent. I think the previously most recent Trio recording dates back to 2002 (They released 4 albums from 2001).

Yes, and recorded in Switzerland. You just wonder what took them nearly 4 years to release this, I know the Swiss are a bit slow in general, but this is VERY slow...

It will be released for hi-res DL on May 25.

Hopefully both HDT and Qobuz will have it right away, so national restrictions won't prevent fans from enjoying it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Recently, I saw some of the ECM high-res being restricted in some geographies to Highresaudio.com, with Qobuz only having the rebook. Let's see.

I have noticed lately that the ECM titles HD Tracks don't pick up are generally without geographic restriction on HiResAudio - the new Ketil Bjornstad and Quercus, for example.

It's now appearing on Qobuz, showing as redbook only, which is bad enough. But then I got a shock, even the redbook only has the horrible sentence "Ce produit n'est pas autorisé à la vente dans votre pays"

This is the first time there's any product I see on Qobuz that I cannot purchase in Switzerland. I'll send them a message to check what's going on.

None of the other usual suspects (Highresaudio, Gubemusic) have it yet.

Robert, I hope you're right and on the 25th this will really be released in high-res tomorrow, and hopefully somewhere where I can actually purchase it.

IIRC, the U.S. release date is June 4. I doubt HDTracks will get it on that Tuesday; they seem to be on a Thursday new-release cycle. I fully expect to get the dreaded "n'est pas disponible" message from Qobuz, but I'll give it a shot.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

It's now appearing on Qobuz, showing as redbook only, which is bad enough. But then I got a shock, even the redbook only has the horrible sentence "Ce produit n'est pas autorisé à la vente dans votre pays"

This is the first time there's any product I see on Qobuz that I cannot purchase in Switzerland. I'll send them a message to check what's going on.

None of the other usual suspects (Highresaudio, Gubemusic) have it yet.

Robert, I hope you're right and on the 25th this will really be released in high-res tomorrow, and hopefully somewhere where I can actually purchase it.

It seems that Qobuz for the most part only get the ECM stuff in 16/44. That must be the licensing deal they cut with ECM.

My worry is that as this Jarrett recording was made in 2009, it might only be 24/44. But I hope I am wrong.

I have no doubt that it will be appearing on HD Tracks whenever it gets released. Hd Tracks always pick up the primary and secondary ECM new releases.

It seems that Qobuz for the most part only get the ECM stuff in 16/44. That must be the licensing deal they cut with ECM.

Yes, I'm afraid German based Highresaudio seems to have been faster to make a deal with German based ECM. Which would be ok if only they wouldn't charge these rip-of prices of €21 and above. Honestly, when I can get the CD or redbook download for 10-12€ as often the case, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay double for a high-res, unless it is a really outstanding album. At least your average Qobuz Highres is around €15, which is a much more reasonable premium.

My worry is that as this Jarrett recording was made in 2009, it might only be 24/44. But I hope I am wrong.

Well, Paris/London (release 2009) is 24/96, and Jasmine (release 2010) is 24/44. So I suppose it's 50/50.

Yes, and recorded in Switzerland. You just wonder what took them nearly 4 years to release this, I know the Swiss are a bit slow in general, but this is VERY slow...

I think this was originally to be released last year, but was pushed out by Sleeper.

Still, Jarrett and/or Eicher does seem to take their time letting out the Trio recordings recently. I assume they feel this is the best of the performances they currently have recorded.

anyone seen this for download yet? I haven't

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

It is indeed 24/96 and is a fabulous record!

Robert, where did you see it?

BTW, (off topic) I'm thoroughly enjoying the "Tommy" in 24/192 I got from e-Onkyo based on your recommendation.

It's out now on Highresaudio in 24/96 as predicted by Robert, and at the usual €21:

HIGHRESAUDIO | Home of audiophile music - Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock & Jack DeJohnette - Somewhere

or at Qobuz for €13 in redbook:

Somewhere | Keith Jarrett - Télécharger et écouter l'album

That's a heck of a premium. Unfortunately, ECM's highres are usually rather nice, so I may have to just go for it. I'll have listen to the free snippets a bit more to make up my mind how much I'll ultimately end up liking the album.

Probably worth waiting a week to see if HDT has it for their usual $17.98 per 24/96 album.

It's out now on Highresaudio in 24/96 as predicted by Robert, and at the usual €21:

HIGHRESAUDIO | Home of audiophile music - Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock & Jack DeJohnette - Somewhere

or at Qobuz for €13 in redbook:

Somewhere | Keith Jarrett - Télécharger et écouter l'album

That's a heck of a premium. Unfortunately, ECM's highres are usually rather nice, so I may have to just go for it. I'll have listen to the free snippets a bit more to make up my mind how much I'll ultimately end up liking the album.

Likely HiResAudio pay more to ECM than the Qobuz model would pay.

Would you rather ECM make sufficient money off each recording to (a) keep them in the business of recording great artists in great sound and (b) funding recordings of great artistic merit that don't sell enough to recoup costs?

The notion that the internet seems to have created, that music is a commodity that should operate on a Wal-Mart model, is rather self-defeating.

Having said that, I too would go for the lowest available price, I can buy more music that way.

Likely HiResAudio pay more to ECM than the Qobuz model would pay.

Would you rather ECM make sufficient money off each recording to (a) keep them in the business of recording great artists in great sound and (b) funding recordings of great artistic merit that don't sell enough to recoup costs?

The notion that the internet seems to have created, that music is a commodity that should operate on a Wal-Mart model, is rather self-defeating.

Having said that, I too would go for the lowest available price, I can buy more music that way.

Honestly, I'm not sure that with the money they get from Qobuz ECM would be out of business that soon. I just think that Highresaudio is applying the logic that in a niche market for a niche product you can apply a decent premium. And it is my choice whether I'm willing to spend that premium or not.

Long story short, I'm just downloading the album from Highresaudio. I just felt this album may be worth it.

Will report soon.

Honestly, I'm not sure that with the money they get from Qobuz ECM would be out of business that soon. I just think that Highresaudio is applying the logic that in a niche market for a niche product you can apply a decent premium. And it is my choice whether I'm willing to spend that premium or not.

Long story short, I'm just downloading the album from Highresaudio. I just felt this album may be worth it.

Will report soon.

I agree, but we should consider that the download market is increasing and evolving exponentially, and if there are not sustainable prices established early on, there never will be. And presumably we want recording and artists to flourish.

But to the point - the new Jarrett is very good! Sonically as well - worth the money.

I agree, but we should consider that the download market is increasing and evolving exponentially, and if there are not sustainable prices established early on, there never will be. And presumably we want recording and artists to flourish.

But to the point - the new Jarrett is very good! Sonically as well - worth the money.

Still at the amazing first track (15min), listening to a great Gary Peacock soloing with a fantastic sound quality. It's like you're there.

Highly recommended!