IGNORED

Recommened Headphone Stands

All,

I am moving into the world of Headphones. I like the idea of keeping the headphones on a dedicated stand when not in use. I really like the Omega's but looking for other alternatives as well. I have seen the Klutz Design CanCans, and it looks great, but very pricey.

Just to give you some background. This will be in my home office and I am looking for something that is functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. I have seen some DiY ones that even use banana holders. I am not looking for this type of solution.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Simple but elegant to my eyes...

Headphone Holders from Hi Fi Racks

Eloise,

These are simple and nice. That is what I like about some of the other designs as well. Have you used these? Compared to others, the top is narrow, does it put pressure on the headband?

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

These Woo Audio seem to get good reviews. Nice heavy base, with adjustable stand.

Woo Audio Universal Adjustable Height Aluminum Headphone Stands

Anyone using it?

To be honest, no never used them myself. Just like the look of them and their HiFi Racks are good.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I found this on Head-Fi and thought I would share here. Not too much new to report, except the Lego one. Seems like something fun, but really not that practical.

Headphone Stands

I am using the Sennheiser headphone clamp... Inexpensive but very effective...

Mac Mini w/ Keces PS & Mojo PS filter, Plinius Sa-250 MkIV-S, Primaluna Dialogue 3, B&W 800 Diamond v2, W4S DAC2DSDse, EA Offramp 5 w/ Hynes PS, REL R-528, Audioquest Diamond, Columbia and Oak cables, VPI Aries with Lyra Delos, Fosgate Signature Phono Stage.

I am using the Sennheiser headphone clamp... Inexpensive but very effective...

Where do you clamp it? My concern is I have little ones, and want to keep it out of reach if possible?

These Woo Audio seem to get good reviews. Nice heavy base, with adjustable stand.

Anyone using it?

I use the Woo stands. Nice looking, easy on the band, and adjustable height.

Whatever you go with, make sure they're tall enough so your cables have room to hang....important!

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Where do you clamp it? My concern is I have little ones, and want to keep it out of reach if possible?

I am an empty nester, so I clap it to my audio rack... No little hands around...

Mac Mini w/ Keces PS & Mojo PS filter, Plinius Sa-250 MkIV-S, Primaluna Dialogue 3, B&W 800 Diamond v2, W4S DAC2DSDse, EA Offramp 5 w/ Hynes PS, REL R-528, Audioquest Diamond, Columbia and Oak cables, VPI Aries with Lyra Delos, Fosgate Signature Phono Stage.

Anyone using it?

Hi,

I do use the Woo stand. it has a weighted base so it does not move around and will certainly not tip over. Also height adjustable with a solid aluminum knob adjustment. I got the silver color.

Offfice setup: Win7/64-bit, JR18, V-Link 192, Woo Audio WDS-1 DAC, Woo Audio WA22 tube amp, Senn HD800/Audeze LCD-3 cans.

I also recommend the Woo Audio Headphone Stand.

While it's sort of pricey, it's really high quality. It's solid metal - heavy. You could probably use it as a weapon if somebody broke into your house =P

And if you have any Apple items sitting nearby, it matches them perfectly (it also matches the HD800s, which look classy sitting on the stand).

If you're looking for a cheap solution - I used a rocketfish (that Best Buy brand) headphone stand for a while. It was like $10 at Best Buy, hidden near some audio stuff. For $10, it looked a lot more expensive than it really was, and it worked.

I ordered the Woo since I considered it relatively cheap all things considered and it seemed to get good reviews.

I am getting an iMac so maybe I will leave the brushed aluminum, but I would love to see this stand decked out. It would make a great mod project if you powder coat the base and arm, and get a leather cover for the top. My office is pretty dark colors, so I am thinking of candy white to offset everything else.

How do you like this one:

Sieveking Sound

Available also in different, brighter wood versions.

I really like the Omega, but it seems the white version is rather elusive. I cannot find it for sale anywhere in the US. You can get the lighter woods (e.g. Maple???), but not the white ghost that appears on the web.

Jsmith,

this are the currently available options:

Sieveking Sound

Otherwise check with Elusive Disc (US distributor for Omega) or drop an email to Jan (the owner of Sieveking Sound) at

kontakt (at) sieveking-sound.de

They might be able to help you with limited editions or existing stock units.

I have no business in here but know Jan Sieveking for many years from several HiFi fairs, he is a helpful guy and looking for the needs of his customers.

I always shop for my MFSL discs and some other nice sounding items when meeting him.

I still think of all of the solutions the Klutz Cancans is one of the best because it not only addresses the headphone but also the cord.

6moons audio reviews: Klutz Design CanCans

So I received my Woo stand today. I am really impressed with the quality. I know others have stated this, but I don't think you know until you get it. For example, the threaded screw that goes into the pole to adjust the height, has a plastic cap on the send so when you tighten it down, it does not scratch the metal on the inner pole.

These are my favorites. But they are really expensive(Well..........I do have $1K headphones so........) but take up a bit of room as well. I don't actually want the space being occupied by stands nice or not.

How do you like this one:

Sieveking Sound

Available also in different, brighter wood versions.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain